Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

IC: Encounters of the Sugary Kind: 1X1 with Aurora876

Saturn Ring

Saturn Ring was trotting through Ponyville, when she decided to stop and grab a bite to eat at Sugarcube Corner, she opened the door and was greeted by the smells of pastries and the loud jabbering of Pinkie Pie, "Hello Pinkie Pie, nice to see you today!" Saturn said, Pinkie nodded appreciatively and continued jabbering away. Saturn laughed and rolled her eyes at this. Suddenly she spotted another pony sitting nearby, she decided to go say hello. 

7 minutes ago, Saturn Ring said:

Saturn Ring was trotting through Ponyville, when she decided to stop and grab a bite to eat at Sugarcube Corner, she opened the door and was greeted by the smells of pastries and the loud jabbering of Pinkie Pie, "Hello Pinkie Pie, nice to see you today!" Saturn said, Pinkie nodded appreciatively and continued jabbering away. Saturn laughed and rolled her eyes at this. Suddenly she spotted another pony sitting nearby, she decided to go say hello. 

Aurora Northglow was the name of the unicorn sitting in the corner, calmly eating a candy apple and listening amusedly to Pinkie's ramblings. He looked up attentively as Saturn came trotting over, scanning her with a glance. Satisfied, he grinned and waved a hoof.

She would trot closer, soon she was standing beside the table, "Hi, Aurora! What are you doing?" Saturn asked,  she then pointed a hoof at the candy apple "Ooh! That looks good, I might just get one myself!" she said, and then she sat down to listen to Aurora. 

8 minutes ago, Saturn Ring said:

She would trot closer, soon she was standing beside the table, "Hi, Aurora! What are you doing?" Saturn asked,  she then pointed a hoof at the candy apple "Ooh! That looks good, I might just get one myself!" she said, and then she sat down to listen to Aurora. 

Aurora smiled as Saturn came over. "Oh hi..... Saturn... Ring, isn't it?" He replied a little sheepishly, inwardly cringing at himself for being so bad with remembering names. He hadn't been in Ponyville very long, and was still getting used to all the new names and faces.

"Yeah, it is pretty good." He grinned. "Say, you want one?"

"Mr. Cake!" Aurora called. "Can I get another candy apple please?" The pony asked, floating two bits over to the counter.

"Um, yeah, it is actually!" Saturn said, as Aurora was paying for the candy apple, "Oh, that's really nice of you to pay for that for me, you didn't have to!" Saturn said, messing with her headphones, she muttered to herself angrily as she adjusted them, they always got tangled in her mane.

1 minute ago, Saturn Ring said:

"Um, yeah, it is actually!" Saturn said, as Aurora was paying for the candy apple, "Oh, that's really nice of you to pay for that for me, you didn't have to!" Saturn said, messing with her headphones, she muttered to herself angrily as she adjusted them, they always got tangled in her mane.

"Oh yeah, no problem." He grinned again. 

"You good there?" He asked with a slight smile, watching her struggle with her headphones.

"Yep, I got 'em!" Saturn said, untangling them from her mane, "They can be unruly!" she laughed, she petted her mane, "I might've yanked my mane too hard, but I'm fine!" she said, she sat for a bit, elbows resting on the table, and her candy apple was soon ready. 

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Saturn Ring said:

"Yep, I got 'em!" Saturn said, untangling them from her mane, "They can be unruly!" she laughed, she petted her mane, "I might've yanked my mane too hard, but I'm fine!" she said, she sat for a bit, elbows resting on the table, and her candy apple was soon ready. 

Aurora floated the apple over to her as he took another bite out of his. "That's a nice mane." He observed. "I'd advise taking precaution against accidentally pulling some of it out with those." He winked, indicating the headphones. 

Edited by Aurora876

Saturn placed a hoof on her horn "Oh, yeah... Probably should, another derp moment in the life of Saturn Ring!" the pastel pink unicorn would scoff, she took a bite of the candy apple, "Mmm, that's good," she said once she finished the bite, and then she took another bite, she seemed to be enjoying that, and Saturn didn't usually eat a lot of sweets! 

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Saturn Ring said:

Saturn placed a hoof on her horn "Oh, yeah... Probably should, another derp moment in the life of Saturn Ring!" the pastel pink unicorn would scoff, she took a bite of the candy apple, "Mmm, that's good," she said once she finished the bite, and then she took another bite, she seemed to be enjoying that, and Saturn didn't usually eat a lot of sweets! 

Auora snorted a laugh at the former comment.

"My entire life is one big derp moment." He chuckled.

Edited by Aurora876

1 minute ago, Saturn Ring said:

"Ooh boy, do I know how that feels!" Saturn laughed, as she took another bite of candy apple, as she swallowed,  she continued "When you're a klutz like me, it's hard not to trip over anything, I can trip over AIR..." she scoffed at herself again. 

"And then you've got me, who walks into trees and falls off rooftops on a daily basis." The unicorn grinned wryly.

"Yikes, that must suck..." Saturn said, polishing off the candy apple, "How do you fall off of rooftops?" she asked, now intrigued by this statement that Aurora was making, she rested her elbows on the table again, intent on hearing this interesting thing going on with Aurora. 

9 hours ago, Saturn Ring said:

"Yikes, that must suck..." Saturn said, polishing off the candy apple, "How do you fall off of rooftops?" she asked, now intrigued by this statement that Aurora was making, she rested her elbows on the table again, intent on hearing this interesting thing going on with Aurora. 

"Oh! Uhhh...." He said nervously, unsure of how much to say. "So- uh-- sometimes I- I like to look at the stars at night-- well I mean of course you can't look at them during the day, so that's why I do it at night, you know..." *Gah, you're just making it worse, idiot!* He thought to himself. 

"And, so-- you know that the higher up you are, the easier it is to see-- uh, the stars. So anyway, I was-- I was studying and taking some notes on Rigel one night and I- uh- took a look at it through my telescope and fell off the roof because I misstepped. You know, cause I was on my roof-- you know, to see better. Uh-huh. :lie: The unicorn grinned, trying to look convincing. 

"Ouch, that stinks, not the star thing, falling off the roof, I mean," Saturn said, and slapped her forehead, thinking "DUDE, QUIT IT!" suddenly, her saddle bag moved and a purple horned cat popped out, "Oh, Venus! You sneaky cat!" Saturn said, rolling her eyes, the cat's hair flowed behind her as she jumped out from the bag, she waved a paw and greeted Aurora. 

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Saturn Ring said:

"Ouch, that stinks, not the star thing, falling off the roof, I mean," Saturn said, and slapped her forehead, thinking "DUDE, QUIT IT!" suddenly, her saddle bag moved and a purple horned cat popped out, "Oh, Venus! You sneaky cat!" Saturn said, rolling her eyes, the cat's hair flowed behind her as she jumped out from the bag, she waved a paw and greeted Aurora. 

Aurora jumped slightly in surprise and stared at the cat intently. Then his eyes widened in shock. "Is that-- a- a cat with... with a horn?!" He asked, amazed and slightly dumbfounded.

Edited by Aurora876

2 hours ago, Venus Moonbeam said:

Venus jumped up onto the table, swishing her tail in great delight, she said, "I'm Saturn's familiar, I assist her in making potions, I'm Venus, Venus Moonbeam!" she stuck out a paw, waiting for a brohoof. 

Aurora slowly raised his hoof to her paw, still not quite believing what he was seeing. Or hearing, for that matter! 

"H-hi...." He stammered. 

"Please excuse my poor manners, I've just-- never seen anything like you before!" He admitted as he blinked in wonder. "Where are you from, originally? Everfree?"

Venus would gasp, raising both paws to her mouth, completely stunned, "You- How did you guess? W-what.." she sputtered, completely and utterly confused that he got it on the first try.

Usually ponies would guess that she were from some other world entirely or that she was a hallucination.... 

(edited)
5 hours ago, Venus Moonbeam said:

Venus would gasp, raising both paws to her mouth, completely stunned, "You- How did you guess? W-what.." she sputtered, completely and utterly confused that he got it on the first try.

Usually ponies would guess that she were from some other world entirely or that she was a hallucination.... 

"Well, my grandparents live very close to the forest, and I've seen many a thing in those woods that I didn't even think possible to exist. Also stumbled upon a lot of things I rather wish I hadn't." The unicorn shuddered slightly, mentally reliving some of the memories of encounters with strange animals and plants.

"So, how'd you and Saturn meet?" He asked curiously, changing the subject.

Edited by Aurora876

1 hour ago, Venus Moonbeam said:

"Well, she found me in the forest, I was chased by Timberwolves... But she rescued me, she taught me how to sort herbs and make potions, and we're good friends now because of it," Venus said, seemingly all at once, she sure did talk quick! 

"Cool!" Aurora said, very interested in this small, sentient creature. 

"So-- can you do magic?" He asked, indicating her horn. "Forgive me for being nosy, I've just got SO many questions! Tell me if it gets too much or too personal, ok?"

3 minutes ago, Venus Moonbeam said:

She answered his question with this: "Magic? I'm not sure, I've always just acted like a normal cat, I guess I used what cats normally used so much that I forgot I had a horn," Venus mewled, rubbing her whiskers, as Aurora sat nearby. 

"So you've never tried to?" He asked.

"Hmm. I wonder if you can."

The unicorn slid a cookie over towards Venus. "You see this cookie, right?"