Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Character Customization

Nitobit

Character Customization  

17 users have voted

1. 1. How do you customize your character?

• I don't customize
    • I just equip items that look the best, no matter if they fit together or not
    • I make it look like myself or a character I like
    • I choose a specific color or a theme (dark, ice, rainbow etc.)
    • I customize it in a way that can help in gameplay (camouflage, accurate hitbox etc.)
    • I make the silliest/ weirdest/ craziest character I can think of
    • Other
  2. 2. How much creative freedom do you prefer when creating a character?

• I just want to change the color, or to choose an already existing character
    • I want to be able to change specific parts of my character, without going into much detail
    • I want to change absolutely everything, including details that probably won't be visible during gameplay

2345850.thumb.jpg.fb2c6675f6372ae144099e3aeb051c45.jpg

Do you like when games let you apply your own style to your character? Do you feel like people you play with don't pay enough attention to your hard work? Here you can discuss it and share your creations! Those can be costumes, cars, weapons, anything that is a part of your character. :darling:

I spend a lot of time on my appearance, usually with a color or a theme in mind. In games where cosmetics have to be unlocked, I typically choose the theme after getting one or more good-looking items, and then modify the rest to fit. Here's one of my cars in Rocket League, that I made after getting Vector decal, Rival: Infinite wheels, and Ion rocket boost.

BlueGhost.thumb.png.2486431f6cab06fb509c7216fa8a6d77.pngBlue.thumb.png.b6285b4cbc52e52de3c3ec24dde99320.png

And here is the skin I use in Minecraft. I wanted to make it look like it uses blocks that are in the game. Pistons for grabbing, observer for observing, and daylight and moonlight detectors for energy.

RedstoneGolem.png.9e8463d6a22c5a627fead3fd27a315fc.png

• Brohoof 1

Heck yeah, I can sit there spending an hour customizing my character but playing for 10 minutes and never coming back to it until a few months go by :P

But hmm it depends. If it's cosmetic then I don't want to spend too much time on it. If it affects a gameplay mechanic then I can spend extra time on it.

• Brohoof 2

Character customization is like a big deal for me. The more variety for me to customize the better! I usually make it based on my own imagination for my character by making it original as possible.  Usually the serious colorful kind. The only time I actually made my character based on the theme was Hogwarts legacy. I don’t want to make it too edgy, generic or silly. As it may feel cringey for me. So I made mine’s based on characters from show/movie. 

• Brohoof 1

Character customisation is always fun! In terms of visuals, I do prefer to just stick to a cohesive theme, but randomness can be quite enjoyable as well. I also find it interesting when it directly impacts gameplay, so I really like when different items or perks come with both positives and drawbacks. It adds a lot more depth to the game.

• Brohoof 1

Customization is EVERYTHING! I'd far prefer to make a good character than play the game. Choosing styles, armor, weapons are a lot of fun, and more importantly, hair, eyes, size, shape and complexion make a character something I can believe in and not just toss off as an expendable character I care nothing about. 

I enjoy customizing my characters to an extent. I like the middle ground where it’s not too much customizing but also not too little. 9.9 times out of 10 my characters a goth chick or as close to one as I can get. 

Character customization is very important and fun to me. I don't really like it when games only allow you to customize your character once because it's painful to realize that you made a mistake or dislike the character you created.