Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you guys think of Applejack?

WolfyIsAQT

I really like her! At first she was my least favourite: because I was never a big fan of the south. Also-- MAGIC!!!!! And oh oh oh high magic means deep studying and studies of refinement -- which, she would probably criticise -- so lower and lower down the scale she would go for me.

But now that I look back. She's not really my style but I appreciate her. She's simple, honest, loyal and down to Earth. She does what she does out of honesty and I like that she adds contrast to the diverse group. But still -- almost ten years later and I'm still like FJRDIGJHD MAGEKK!!!!!!!!! :manic-laughter:

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, Silky Bloom said:

I really like her! At first she was my least favourite: because I was never a big fan of the south. Also-- MAGIC!!!!! And oh oh oh high magic means deep studying and studies of refinement -- which, she would probably criticise -- so lower and lower down the scale she would go for me.

But now that I look back. She's not really my style but I appreciate her. She's simple, honest, loyal and down to Earth. She does what she does out of honesty and I like that she adds contrast to the diverse group. But still -- almost ten years later and I'm still like FJRDIGJHD MAGEKK!!!!!!!!! :manic-laughter:

Plus the lass can seriously kick.

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Silky Bloom said:

Yesss your right, she was my least favourite at first then I started liking her and now she's my favorite character

• Brohoof 1

20 hours ago, WolfyIsAQT said:

What do ya'll think of Applejack? Is she a good character?

I think so! I like how she's honest, and I like how she's just a simple character :) 

I think AJ is a great character. She’s simple, honest, and a hard working pony. I always enjoyed the episodes that were focused on her. 

Applejack has depth that a lot of people fail to recognize. She struggles internally trying to figure out what the appropriate depth of her honesty should surface as in reality and she often times feels she's been disingenuousness for withholding these truths from her friends & others. It weighs on her and she wonders if it's just polite disclosed nitpicking, or repressed psychotic disgust. 

Applejack is a perfectionist and she has a very important job, they basically supply a mass with a large portion of their diet, across the board. The Apples are wealthy in value when you take what it considers to spend on the upkeep of hundreds of acres of apple trees, a farm with livestock, a 3 story home and all 4 apples that live in it.

I think sometimes she feels like she's lost in the motion of things and feels mechanical, but since overcoming the loss of her parents at a young age, stepping up and embracing responsibility felt like an objective inevitability for her and some times, maybe she "cries on the inside", from a missing childhood, and involuntary parental detachment, replaced by hard labor & endless responsibility. 

Ultimately she enjoys this "mechanical existence" and it's in her nature to complete things, finish tasks, fix things, and help others because without these things to do her existence feels hollowed out and empty, she wants to take great pride knowing how her parents would feel about how she's stepped up to the plate, so she is internally neurotic about such things.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

She's definitely the one I feel I relate to the most when it comes to my friends and my desire to protect. However my personality is more comparable to a combination of Pinkie pie and rainbow dash

• Brohoof 1

I related to her a lot, having been raised on an orchard myself, having to work a bit on it to help my parents. I developed the same down-to-earthness and no nonsense attitude. I like her like a sister and a best bud. We'd definitely hang around a lot, I'd help her on the farm stuff and she'd show me around Ponyville.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I've always loved Applejack, I can relate to her a lot. Blue collar country girl and all. She's also just like, soul food in pony form haha. Calming and mature and sometimes a nice break compared to some of the other characters. I would so be dating her if she was real. :toldya:

• Brohoof 2

I'll admit to being partial to Applejack. To quote from a similar post I made at Everypony years ago, "Honesty's kind of a big thing for me, especially following my (slightly) more rebellious teenage years." And that accent of hers hits home: when my grandma was alive, she talked pretty much the same way that AJ does.