Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S01:EP67 - The Rise and Fall

DivineMist1000

Here is the new episode of TYT, but be forewarned…

ALERT ALERT: THIS EPISODE SPOILS EVENTS IN MAKE YOUR MARK CHAPTER 6 WHICH HAS NOT YET BEEN RELEASED AT THIS TIME!!

THOSE WHO WATCH IT DO SO AT THEIR OWN RISK!!

VIEWER DIRECTION IS ADVISED!!

Edited by DivineMist1000
  • Brohoof 2
  • Hugs 2

• The title was changed to S01:EP67 - The Rise and Fall

Thanks for the warnings (even if it's already too late for me), I'm not sure but I think it's safer if I discuss the episode inside a spoiler box? Idk, the texts in the posts show up in the home page, so I think it's for the best.

Spoiler

I guess this episode completely destroyed my theories about Posey and Onyx getting their cutie marks back in MyM XD still, there are some confusing details

Those two dragons shown in the recap are meant to be "Jade" and "Charcoal", right? Then why are them still her servants in "Nightmare Nightmarket"? Doesn't Hitch say in "Lavarynth" (which was released before the previously mentioned episode) that they got rid of the curse that Opaline put on the dragons? The recap shows that Opaline steals the Mane 6's cutie marks in MyM Chapter 6, but in "Nightmare Nightmarket" she's still hunting them, soooo???

The only thing I can think of is that "Nightmare Market" is supposed to happen between episodes of MyM Chapter 6, not after

But what about "Lavarynth"? This new episode suggests that it should take place after MyM C6, but the release date says it takes place before Nightmare Nightmarket...so I guess, the episodes were released out of order? I already said this for "Friday Night Food Fight", and this isn't the first time this has happened to TyT according to Equestria Daily.

And yeah, this episode kind of admitted that the ponies who had their cutie marks stolen showing up with them before these events was a continuity error, I could go and say that "Very Bad Hair Day" "Misty Moves in" and "Friday Night Food Fight" (where everyone are with their CMs) actually take place before MyM C6, wouldn't sound weird afaik, but there would still be Posey in "Nightmare Nightmarket"...so yeah, holy cow dear Hasbro.

Here's how I think the correct order might be:

TyT S01E64 "Very Bad Hair Day" > TyT S01E65 "Misty Moves In" > TyT S01E66 "Friday Night Food Fight" > MyM Chapter 6 First Episodes > TyT S01E63 "Nightmare Nightmarket" > MyM Chapter 6 Final Episodes > TyT S01E67 "The Rise and Fall" > TyT S01E62 "Lavarynth"

I hope that's it, if not, then damn, they really screwed it up hard.

Also, after this episode, I'm pretty sure we can say bye bye to Opaline for a long time, I can be wrong, but I feel that the end Opaline meets here was purposedly made so the writers can finally get her out of the cast, that means, they can lead TyT to a more episodic series where now they won't need to worry about telling a bigger story with a villain, they can now return to how the series used to be in the first episodes, before Misty and Opaline appeared.

• Brohoof 1

@DivineMist1000 already said there were Make Your Mark spoilers in the OP so...:ooh:

No episode-specific spoilers but I LOVE that Tell Your Tale catches up G5 fans who can't watch Make Your Mark. :PIPPIPHURRAY:

I thought this episode was great, btw! :D 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

Should have checked here first before going into this. This episode really needed to open with a big old spoiler warning tag. Releasing a recap episode a week before the chapter comes out? I know not everypony has Netflix or is using third party sources to watch MYM, but I think it's fair to say a good number of us are watching both.

Spoiler

As a recap video, it was... fast I guess and I appreciated the Opline centric nature of the episode.

Until the last minute of the episode, I didn't realize this was a recap episode and honestly thought they were just accelerating from 0 to 100. From Poisy and Onyx mysteriously having cute marks when they shouldn't to just everypony loses.

All things considered, Opaline technically won. Then in the closing seconds, yes seconds, she just loses because... villains have to lose I guess. I sure hope chapter 6 ends up better because this 'recap' is concerning. 

I did notice no Sparky, so that's hopeful.

Wait, sorry, what?? I thought only the parts at 1:01-1:25 and 1:48-2:53 are meant to be the recap??? The entire episode including Sunny and Opaline rematch is a recap??? Or I'm misunderstanding it?

• Brohoof 1

So, my suspicions were confirmed.  The G5 crew really doesn't care anymore.  In fact, they care so little about their story that they decided to just spoil it.  Brilliant.  I mean, it was really difficult to be in much suspense anyways, but to outright just end it like this?  What the hay?  It seems every time I try to get even a little invested in G5, the team behind it does everything in their power to sabotage it.  

Since I've already watched all of Make Your Mark Chapter 6, I finally watched this episode too and honestly thought it was a better recap episode than the one recapping MYM Chapter 4. Even though it was still obviously not going to be so good with it just being a retelling of what happened in MYM Chapter 6, I liked how we actually got to see the events of said chapter playing out in real time as opposed to in the form of Pipp narrating the events, the added gag with Opaline at the beginning, and how things actually played out slightly differently than in MYM at the end...

Spoiler

...where it's hinted that Opaline could return.

• Brohoof 1

On 2023-11-16 at 1:23 PM, Rafa Stary said:

Also, after this episode, I'm pretty sure we can say bye bye to Opaline for a long time.

Looks like I was right c:

they can lead TyT to a more episodic series where now they won't need to worry about telling a bigger story with a villain, they can now return to how the series used to be in the first episodes

But wrong about this tho XD

Also I think that's my new current personal order

TyT S01E64 "Very Bad Hair Day" > TyT S01E65 "Misty Moves In" > TyT S01E66 "Friday Night Food Fight" > MyM Chapter 6 Episodes 1 & 2 > MyM Chapter 6 Episode 3 / TyT S01E67 "The Rise and Fall" > MyM Secrets of Starlight > TyT S01E62 "Lavarynth" / S01E68 "Crystal Ball"

Also yeah I removed "Nightmare Nightmarket", that episode just doesn't make any sense in the continuity imo

1. Can't take place before Chapter 6 because the Mane Six are in Bridlewood not worried about what's going on, they don't even seen to have meet the Dragons yet and Opaline already made two of them her servants, something that only happened in MyM when the Mane Six were already going to the Isle of Scaly, plus, Posey's already with her cutie mark back and Onyx get her stolen before everyone else.
  2. Can't take place in between the episodes of Chapter 6 because the events of C6 episodes including Secrets of Starlight happen all at once with no break for it to fit in.
  3. No need to explain why can't take place after Chapter 6.

Before the release of MyM C6 I had this theory in mind about TyT actually having its own version of the events of C6, think about it, the Dragons are nowhere to be seen in TyT (with the exception of Opaline's servants), the Mane Six aren't aware of the Dragons and their land, no mention of Spike or anything new introduced, Sunny defeats Opaline without the help of the dragons, I think in TyT's version of the events, the Mane Six and the ponies didn't meet the dragons and had to deal with Opaline and the Together Trees problem alone, with them only meeting the dragons after her defeat and becoming friends with them because they saved the two dragons who were Opaline's servants, that means MyM "Nightmare on Mane Street" also played different in TyT's continuity, with Sparky not revealing the map with the Isle of Scaly and Opaline not stealing Posey's CM.

But I think it's more likely this confusion happened due to a possible lack of communication between the creative teams behind the two series? The only thing we can say for sure for now is that the two series are definitely not being linear with each other, and in fact it was already like that before Chapter 6, but now I feel like it's gotten worse.

• 2 weeks later...

It is a good recap episode, I like it. I think it was fairly in line with the Chapter 6 episode where Opaline was defeated. It's funny how she was on her phone sending videos to all the other ponies. I mean, wouldn't it have been the smarter thing to do to just attack without warning? But then again, doesn't seem to be Opaline's style. She will return, one day! 

• Brohoof 1