NavelColt

72 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Really enjoyed this one. Loved the dive into the rivalry between Rainbow and Applejack. It's an interesting way of exploring their friendship and I think this episode did it justice.

This episode has a pretty simple and predictable story, but it's fun to watch. The Iron Pony Contest was pretty neat and The Running of the Autumn Leaves was easily the best part. Watching RD and AJ in the race was great and the side stuff, like Twilight also participating in the race and Spike losing his mind were things that I enjoyed way more than I expected.

You could say that RD and AJ's rivalry is rather juvenile, but I think they do a good job in highlighting that so much of it is in the heat of the moment and is also mostly harmless. That's something they got right here, unlike a certain episode in season 8.

Overly simple plot aside, this episode is just so enjoyable. One of my favourites from season 1 for sure.

I'll give this episode a 9/10.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Really enjoyed this one. It was perfect. I loved the rivalry and how they both felt sorry about it at the end. Twilight was really cute in this one! Both RD and Applejack were cheaters, but I like to see how they learned to work together.

• 3 months later...

Applejack should have been honest during the iron pony contest about Rainbow using her wings, Rainbow is cocky and self confident enough that she would have agreed to repeat some of those challenges

• 4 weeks later...

My second favourite episode of season 1, after Winter-Wrap Up and only because the song is so good. If it was just for the episode in itself, Fall Weather Friend would be my favourite. Applejack trying to be a good sport, Rainbow Dash being an insecure jerk willing to cheat to win, Twilight winning 4th place by trotting, Spike and Pinkie commentary. There's just too many good thing for this episode. Also the episode that started the Rainbow/Jack ship, which I don't care for but still.

9/10, wish there was a song as good as Winter-Wrap Up in it.