S04:E13 - Simple Ways  

324 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

This episode is pretty good. Rarity gets jelous of Applejack, because she gets the attention of a guy that Rarity is trying to impress, even tho AJ doesn't anything to do with him. So Rarity tries to emulate AJ's southern style, without much success (AJ is born in the country, she was raised in it, molded by it). At the end, AJ is forced to bring out the big gun, in the form of Apple Jewel, her evil alter ego. Before she gets consumed by it, fortunately, Rarity comes to her sense and ditch Trendersnoof.

I think this episode is a good callback to Green Isn't your Color, where Rarity also gets jealous of one of her friends because she gets too much attention. It's also why I was never really a fan of Rarity, she's too similar to me in that regard. I also get jealous of people when they get attention for things that I'm also trying to be good at. It's one of my biggest flaw, and just like Rarity, I need to be constantly reminded that just because someone gets some attention, it doesn't mean that I'm not worth anything or that I'm not good enough.

7+0.5/10, bonus point for the moral that hits a bit too close to home.