Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony Life no longer on cable or streaming as of Oct. 2023

FirePuppy

As of October 2023, Pony Life is no longer on Discovery Family, with LPS: A World of Our Own, then Looney Tunes taking its place.

Moreover, Hulu also removed the show in April 2023, leaving only Season 9 of Friendship is Magic still streaming there.

And with Hasbro still refusing to leave Discovery Family, what can Pony Life fans do now?

• Brohoof 1
  • Sad 3

• 3 weeks later...

My hopes are that until the contract with Discovery Family is up, the show should air again if the channel reduces Friendship is Magic by 30 minutes every weekday. Besides, FiM's weekday schedule has remained completely unchanged for over a year, and it airs 5 TIMES every weekday afternoon.

Edited by FirePuppy
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

Personally I'm not too disappointed if it's gone. I enjoyed it, but it was kind of a really small show and wasn't really that-unique, if you know what I mean. Nothing special. I enjoyed it anyway though. Now I'm still waiting for the new G5 TV show to come out. I mean, hasn't this generation only just started? If so then I think sometime next year or the next it may come out.

If they don't plan on adding it to streaming anytime soon, it would probably be a good idea to release it on DVD at this point. I know this show got a lot of mixed reactions, but I would love to own a physical copy of it (and the rest of FIM), since I found it to be enjoyable. I didn't think I would like Pony Life at first, but after watching an episode, I ended up liking it.

(edited)
16 hours ago, KPackratt said:

If they don't plan on adding it to streaming anytime soon, it would probably be a good idea to release it on DVD at this point. I know this show got a lot of mixed reactions, but I would love to own a physical copy of it (and the rest of FIM), since I found it to be enjoyable. I didn't think I would like Pony Life at first, but after watching an episode, I ended up liking it.

Personally I liked it just because it was MLP, but it was nothing special. If it never comes out on DVD I'd say I won't be disappointed. Also good news; they have DVDs of seasons 1-7 of MLP FIM on DVD through Shout Factory Kids, and seasons 8 and 9 from a Chinese company called "The Myth Entertainment". Luckily, though, with the Chinese DVDs, they work on all regional DVD players including US ones, and have English as one of the languages you can watch them in. You're welcome! I currently have all the episodes on DVD. I love to re-watch them from time to time. :winking-izzy:

Edited by Princess Sunny

3 hours ago, Princess Sunny said:

Personally I liked it just because it was MLP, but it was nothing special. If it never comes out on DVD I'd say I won't be disappointed. Also good news; they have DVDs of seasons 1-7 of MLP FIM on DVD through Shout Factory Kids, and seasons 8 and 9 from a Chinese company called "The Myth Entertainment". Luckily, though, with the Chinese DVDs, they work on all regional DVD players including US ones, and have English as one of the languages you can watch them in. You're welcome! I currently have all the episodes on DVD. I love to re-watch them from time to time. :winking-izzy:

I much agree it wasn’t special, but never expected it to be. Still, I’d liked they never recycled FIM episodes, with the introduction of new characters and returning characters did something different instead of a rehash. But I’m interested in rewatching Horse Life because a lot of inspiration of my Pony-themed build project in Terraria came from there. HELL, PONYVILLE’S MAGENTA WATER SEEMS TAILOR-SUITED FOR TERRARIA. HALLOW BIOME WATER TAKES THAT COLOR

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

This is why 'sailing the high seas' is so important! Shows that never got a physical distribution can just suddenly be removed from streaming platforms with no way to watch them anywhere else! Pony  Life was a fun little show, I got a kick out of it! I'm sorry to hear it's so hard to get a hold of now :(

image.gif.944963929cb998e056dfe5919d663ecb.gif

Edited by TheSupremeLeaderOfChaos
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2024-02-29 at 1:43 AM, TheSupremeLeaderOfChaos said:

This is why 'sailing the high seas' is so important! Shows that never got a physical distribution can just suddenly be removed from streaming platforms with no way to watch them anywhere else! Pony  Life was a fun little show, I got a kick out of it! I'm sorry to hear it's so hard to get a hold of now :(

This. Since they will never have everything on one platform for too long, I usually check youtube or "other pony sites" to watch everything. The show wasn't the greatest, but it still had a lot of fun little moments!

• Brohoof 3

20 hours ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Whenever the time is right, the show will pop up when it's ready to resurface.  

I hope you're right. Hasbro's actions up to selling eOne to Lionsgate has resulted in a loss of over $1 billion in just 3 months — more than 6 times how much Google and YouTube were fined by the FTC back in 2019! — Which means all the net income Hasbro earned during their time with eOne (all the money earned for Pony Life and EVERYTHING G5 from A New Generation to all of Make Your Mark) is now smithereens. Trust me, if they hadn't merged with eOne in the first place, things would have been much easier for them and for us fans today.