Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[OFFICIAL] Overall thoughts on Pony Life

Venomous

I dont like it as much as fim but i can definetely watch it. Pony life feels a lot more like a kids show than fim (tbf its Made for kids lol) and there is some pretty random stuff in the show which isnt quite my thing.Overall its still pretty good.

• Brohoof 1

I've only watched the first episode all the way through, and for a moment, I thought I was going to get motion sickness from how fast everything was going. Ponyville looks like Candy Land on LSD, which did nothing for the experience. But one thing that got a giggle from me was:

Spoiler
Applejack: You can't get up and leave this kitchen until you finish your dessert! [sighs] Literally. None of us can.

it's obviously just something quick to churn out for toys to get some type of money in while they're busy putting most of their effort in g5, so i'm not really that upset over how dumbed down it is, i still kinda wish on some level it talked to the audience better and portrayed themes just a little more maturely.

i understand ponylife is for little little kids but at some points i do honestly enjoy watching it but then stuff becomes to random and the lessons in the show start making no sense and it doesnt even seem like something good a child could watch for most of it.

but hey i'm into all gens, including this one, so i still watch it from time to time. just wish they didnt make it so obvious that its just filler till the movie gets released

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not overly fond of the show, it just seems to be a more childish and dumbed down version of FiM, which I understand is sort of the intention, but as a show written primarily for children ever since its inception back in 2010, this seems redundant and unnecessary to me. I'm not hating on it just because it's different, and there are some things that I do enjoy about the series, some of the jokes are legitimately funny and it features the characters and voice-talent (for the most part) that we've grown so fond of over the years, but I just don't think that it compares to FiM as a show, for kids or otherwise.

With that being said, Gen 5 is on the horizon, as early as this year apparently. If that series gives me a viewing experience more akin to what I look for in this series, then I'm willing to brand this whole "Pony Life" experiment as a harmless diversion.:grin:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-02-16 at 1:51 AM, Steve Piranha said:

Can’t believe this: but I miss Horse Life :Cozy:

Yo bro, me too. The fact that we're not even getting the new movie in theaters just gave me even less of a reason to be excited. No guarantee that Season 2 of Pony Life will be good, but at least it's much less of a wild card. :maud:

• Brohoof 2

Truth be told, Pony Life was wasted potential. The sporadic writing just killed it for me. I couldn't even get past the first episode without having to turn it off. I took a look at the potion nova episode and i was like "nope". See, in order for Pony Life to be truly successful, there has to be a balance. They focus on humor too much to the point where you're being thrown stuff constantly, like trying to wring out the last bit of water from a washcloth. 

• Brohoof 3

• 3 weeks later...

Pony Life kinda hurts to watch, every time they mention modern technology (like phones and tablets) I shrivel up like a raisin :scoots:, plus I don't find it very visually appealing. If somebody likes it though I guess I could see why, the plots of episodes are much simpler and less serious than FiM.

• Brohoof 1

On 2020-08-22 at 6:29 PM, CloudMistDragon said:

I like it. :coco: I did not have any real expectations for it from the promos, but it turned out to be really entertaining. It reminded me of what happened when Equestria Girls first came out. The fast pacing and brevity of the episodes is sure to be a turn-off for some, but I love the high-energy plots, how everyone is still in character, and how they work in story arcs and darker, more bizarre jokes. If this show is ponified Teen Titans Go (a comparison I'm admittedly getting tired of...), then it's ponified TTG done right. :fluttershy:  

My opinion is largely unchanged even as I see the negativity for this show is largely unchanged. It's something simple to enjoy to tide the wait for G5, I like it for what it is. 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

I've only watched two episodes so far. It just seems to be a light version of MLP. I don't think I'm going to watch any episodes more in the near future but it's a nice addition. However, the intro theme gave me an earworm instantly and it was playing for many days in my head after hearing it for the first time LOL

• 1 month later...

I recently started to watch the first half of the first season of Pony Life ( because there is currently not more available in german on amazon prime )

and i must say i really like it. I enjoy the new Designs, Rainbowdashs new Hair Style, the animation is great with a lot of funny emotions again and i like the humor.

I am actually sad i cant watch the rest of it as of now. I mean sure, in terms of an important storyline there is nothing really to find here but i didnt expected that anyway. :laugh:

• 1 year later...
  • The title was changed to [OFFICIAL] Overall thoughts on Pony Life
  • 5 months later...

It’s not good but not bad either. It gets a lot of hate but I just kinda think of it as a mini series like a little add on that you don’t need to watch to understand anything but there if you want an occasional chuckle. That’s kinda how I see teen titans go to. :jazz-hooves-please:

On 2023-09-03 at 11:43 PM, Twitchy-Tremor said:

It’s not good but not bad either. It gets a lot of hate but I just kinda think of it as a mini series like a little add on that you don’t need to watch to understand anything but there if you want an occasional chuckle. That’s kinda how I see teen titans go to. :jazz-hooves-please:

Also a plus of Horse Life that everyone seems to ignore are outright adding new things (tons of new characters, like Potion Nova), or doing something new instead of reusing old plots from FIM (Trix and Fancy Pants are NOTHING like in FIM). Also, despite being an expected visual quality downgrade, you could tell Horse Life Equestria is very different, like the random crystals and pink water in Ponyville, or Sugarcube Corner being on an island. Hell, Horse Life is a nice source of inspiration for my Terraria pony-themed build projects :ticking:

image.thumb.png.f51b0becb8f3190e30cdaddec34acd20.png

• Brohoof 2