Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S02:EP05 - Misty-rious New Room

DivineMist1000

Storm from the 90s X-Men + foreshadowing + some G4/G5 world building + more magic oriented plot + best G5 poneh = best TYT episode 

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 2

23 minutes ago, Rising Dusk said:

Magic is getting crazy!  Zecora making an appearance? Different VA, maybe a new rhyming mentor pony? :ooh:

Cool room, magic training ahoy!

What if she’s a zebra/pony hybrid :squee:? Ponies could canonize one of those :mlp_icwudt:

• Excited 1
  • Hugs 1

This was a really good episode and I loved all the nods to G4 with the windows in the hidden room!

It was funny with Misty interacting with things in the room and making the Brighthouse do crazy things! 

It looks like Misty is gonna start training to learn more magic from the spell book but I wanna know who the voice that spoke to her was… :grin2:

For some reason, I believed that the voice was Cadance, but I’m not sure who it was. :love:

• Brohoof 2
  • Delighted Giggle 1

This was an incredibly good episode that took me by surprise! I mean, Misty episodes are always good, but this one, especially so! I kept pausing as I was watching to make sure there were no cool G4 references I was missing and it was funny to see how the other ponies were reacting to what Misty was doing in the room that was affecting the rest of the Brighthouse. Also loved Misty's talk with Sunny at the end. Very sure the G5 staff is well-aware of how much we like Misty and are setting something big up for her here, something I can't wait for! 

Unfortunately though...still no Comet. :PIPPIPHURRAY:

• Brohoof 2
  • Delighted Giggle 1
  • Hugs 2

Misty found the admin controls for the Brighthouse.

Was not expecting this episode honestly, I have a lot to say. First off the room seems like a huge setup for this season’s plot. So many references to past generations. I really really hope they continue to expand on it and what we saw. There’s huge potential there. Also makes me wish TYT episodes were longer when we get amazing ones like this. 5 minutes is just not enough for me lol.

My hunch is that the room is related to Argyle or Sunny’s family in some way just because they specifically showed us Sunny holding and cleaning that framed photo of her and her Dad right before Misty falls on her. No such thing as coincidence :winking-izzy:

It also kinda seems like they’re wanting to make Misty the protagonist? At the very least she definitely gets the most attention. Misty is my 2nd favorite G5 pony so I can’t complain. Seems to me they kind of bounce between Sunny, Zipp, and Misty as being the main characters of focus.

• Brohoof 2
  • Excited 1
  • Hugs 1

Well, I suppose my theory was wrong XD I really thought that TyT wouldn't reference G4, that was always just MyM's work, Allura and the Auroricorns having no connections with the previous generation had really convinced me of it, but well, since now they no longer have a 3D show this is the only way for them to do it, I think it will be very interesting because now I think we will have this + Allura and the Auroricorns for them to work on, two different plots, or unless they reveal that Allura knows about Twilight or something. Also Pinkerton as always doing a good work, I'm really enjoying these variations on the MLP theme.

Nice to see an Andalusian Amplifier from one of the G4 novels (Starlight Glimmer and the Secret Suite, by one GM Berrow, in which Starlight finds a magic room that amplifies magic)

Guessing that voice would've been Twilight had Tara not torpedoed her career

Pity Sunny wasn't involved though - she'd have loved all the implications with the murals, which are lost on Misty, but...well, five minutes isn't enough for that

1 hour ago, The Nth Doctor said:

Nice to see an Andalusian Amplifier from one of the G4 novels (Starlight Glimmer and the Secret Suite, by one GM Berrow, in which Starlight finds a magic room that amplifies magic)

FUUUUUUUUUCK, LEGIT HAS TO BE IT. G.M MERROW IS THE LEAD WRITER OF G5 :kirin:

Okay, this has been one of the best episodes. Hands down. I love this one so much because it has some deep lore to it. While I am not a big fan of G5 connecting to G4, this seems to pull it off nicely and I love the fact that it's another Misty Episode. I can't wait to see what else is learned from this misty-rious room! I see G1 Tirek and the Smooze in the stained glass, interesting reference.

• Brohoof 1
  • Excited 1

...Seriously, where did the Brighthouse come from

Did we skip a movie where it was plopped down like Paradise Estate from the 80s movie or...?

Did someone go "Hey you know what'd be cool? Mysterious magical door to the admin room that controls this place" during construction, or...?

EXPLAIN YOUR WORLD, PLEASE

We ask for a lot, but is the basics really too much?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I like this episode, not only because it's raising some interesting questions but because it looks like Equestria will be getting back magic fully.

So far Unicorn magic has just been levitating stuff. But that's just the most basic of unicorn magic. I'm talking about spells that Twilight would cast and Celestia taught at her school. It looks like this sort of thing will be brought back to Equestria.

Also, anyone else thinking this has something to do with Star Swirl the Bearded?