Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you feel about Misty-rous new room teasing a MLP multiverse?

WickedGames

Don't want to be annoying but I hope they are just references, I'm not a fan of multiverse and the fact that most of the recent audiovisual productions are using this concept tirelessly only made it worse imo.

I don't think G5 has to submit itself to this to try to please the fans, what they've presented so far is good for me, I prefer more development on Allura and the Auroricorns or Opaline's return.

• Brohoof 1

It's very interesting. I'm not sure if they allow the G5 ponies to go to other universes or if they are just little windows symbolizing the different timelines. However, for the longest time I have wanted to see Hasbro at some point have the G5 ponies cross over with the G4 ponies. In the Friendship Is Magic IDW comics they had the G1 ponies meet the G4 ponies so yeah, Hasbro, PLEASE for the sake of the nostalgia alone have G4 and G5 cross paths! Everyone in the fanbase would love that! Including ME! :izzy-shine:

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Princess Sunny said:

It's very interesting. I'm not sure if they allow the G5 ponies to go to other universes or if they are just little windows symbolizing the different timelines. However, for the longest time I have wanted to see Hasbro at some point have the G5 ponies cross over with the G4 ponies. In the Friendship Is Magic IDW comics they had the G1 ponies meet the G4 ponies so yeah, Hasbro, PLEASE for the sake of the nostalgia alone have G4 and G5 cross paths! Everyone in the fanbase would love that! Including ME! :izzy-shine:

G1 being displayed there may well be the comics crossover, as well as one of the official mangas. But yes, further crossover with G4 is due one day, being a direct sequel and all

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Princess Sunny said:

Seems like we could return to this room in Tell Your Tale later on this season so that will be interesting to see 

I don't like free service and nostalgia bait. But I wouldn't mind if their plan is to use the Multiverse to end this Generation and open the doors for a Reboot, It's the only way that writers have been able to find to establish a new continuity in a series without doing it the old way (end a series, start the reboot without explanations pretending that the previous series didn't exist, just as G4 did to G3 and Pony Life did to G4)

Of course, that means the imminent end of G5, if Misty's room really suggests the existence of a multiverse and they are already demonstrating this so early in the second season of TyT which has barely started, then there is the possibility that they really already have this plan in mind and we are perhaps approaching the homestretch of G5 (which could be in 2025, making a reference to the other post), I would find it satisfactory, but these are just speculations.

• Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, Rafa Stary said:

I don't like free service and nostalgia bait. But I wouldn't mind if their plan is to use the Multiverse to end this Generation and open the doors for a Reboot, It's the only way that writers have been able to find to establish a new continuity in a series without doing it the old way (end a series, start the reboot without explanations pretending that the previous series didn't exist, just as G4 did to G3 and Pony Life did to G4)

Of course, that means the imminent end of G5, if Misty's room really suggests the existence of a multiverse and they are already demonstrating this so early in the second season of TyT which has barely started, then there is the possibility that they really already have this plan in mind and we are perhaps approaching the homestretch of G5 (which could be in 2025, making a reference to the other post), I would find it satisfactory, but these are just speculations.

I’m sure that the scripts and the voice acting for the 2025 episodes have to be starting now right?

21 minutes ago, WickedGames said:

I’m sure that the scripts and the voice acting for the 2025 episodes have to be starting now right?

After you said that a VA revealed that most of MyM was made around 2021 and 2022, I honestly have no ideia (I wasn't aware about that), I think I'm faaaaaaaar from being the best person for you to ask these questions XD

To avoid any doubts, the only thing that I'm 100 sure is that they said that TyT will continue until 2025 but nothing about 2026, 2027 etc, and this date coincidentally falls in the same year that Habsro's contract with Discovery Family on G4's rights will expire, with this suggesting that perhaps G5 will end in 2025. That's all, everything else I say is speculation and crazy things from my head only, no certainty, I need to be careful with what I say.

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, Rafa Stary said:

After you said that a VA revealed that most of MyM was made around 2021 and 2022, I honestly have no ideia (I wasn't aware about that), I think I'm faaaaaaaar from being the best person for you to ask these questions XD

To avoid any doubts, the only thing that I'm 100 sure is that they said that TyT will continue until 2025 but nothing about 2026, 2027 etc, and this date coincidentally falls in the same year that Habsro's contract with Discovery Family on G4's rights will expire, with this suggesting that perhaps G5 will end in 2025. That's all, everything else I say is speculation and crazy things from my head only, no certainty, I need to be careful with what I say.

A MLP multiverse wouldn’t be the first Hasbro franchise to have a multiverse  

24 minutes ago, WickedGames said:

A MLP multiverse wouldn’t be the first Hasbro franchise to have a multiverse  

Or a direct distant sequel for all that matter :fluttershy:

39 minutes ago, Rafa Stary said:

I don’t think they are axing G5 so soon tho. For what I’m guessing, they may go all crazy to finally make the full encounter with Twilight, or introduce other races like divine dragon horses :kirin:

11 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

I don’t think they are axing G5 so soon tho. For what I’m guessing, they may go all crazy to finally make the full encounter with Twilight, or introduce other races like divine dragon horses :kirin:

Stop trying to make that happen!

I will lose it!

1 hour ago, Rafa Stary said:

Wait this says that there will be a TYT episode every week in 2024!

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2023/09/tell-your-tale-will-continue-into-2025.html?m=1

“The big news here is the announcement that Tell Your Tale will have content for a whopping 2 more years, starting in 2024, with brand new episodes releasing every single week. They also have four long-form specials planned throughout the 2024 year, though they don't give any detail on what those are.”

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Steve Piranha said:

I agree. This generation seems to have only just started. I don't think they'd end it this soon, especially not before they had a new TV series to replace FIM.

1 minute ago, Princess Sunny said:

I agree. This generation seems to have only just started. I don't think they'd end it this soon, especially not before they had a new TV series to replace FIM.

Hasbro is pretty quiet with G5, but I no longer think G5 is a failure, but rather a modest success. Not something to be axed now, specially knowing G2, an actual failure, lasted about as long as G5 has gone now :mlp_huh:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
3 hours ago, Rafa Stary said:

I also doubt Hasbro is axing G5 so soon due to the fact that, well, the decade isn't over yet; FIM lasted until 2019 so I think it might be at least til 2029 that G5 lasts. However, the key phrase here is "I think".

37 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Hasbro is pretty quiet with G5, but I no longer think G5 is a failure, but rather a modest success. Not something to be axed now, specially knowing G2, an actual failure, lasted about as long as G5 has gone now :mlp_huh:

Love to see other fans who like G5. I don't think it's really THAT bad. Also interesting to know that G2 was the biggest failure given all the hate that G3 has. :PIPPIPHURRAY:

Edited by Princess Sunny

11 minutes ago, Princess Sunny said:

I also doubt Hasbro is axing G5 so soon due to the fact that, well, the decade isn't over yet; FIM lasted until 2019 so I think it might be at least til 2029 that G5 lasts.

Love to see other fans who like G5. I don't think it's really THAT bad. Also interesting to know that G2 was the biggest failure given all the hate that G3 has. :PIPPIPHURRAY:

G2 lasted between 1997 to 2003, but it ceased distribution in many places, including America, in 98. Don’t let G3 hate fool you, that’s only from adult bronies, but G3 was highly successful with it’s intended audience

• Brohoof 1

37 minutes ago, Princess Sunny said:

This generation seems to have only just started.

That is actually relative, we're in 2024

They released a complete movie

Two different series, one is 20 minute long per episode with 4 of them being 40 minute long, the other one is 5 minute long per episode

If we separate the 4 special MyM episodes into the regular 20 minute format, then we get a series that is longer than a full season of FiM

The entire Season 1 of TyT as a regular 20 minute series makes at least 17 episodes, if we suppose that Season 2 will also have 70 episodes, then we'll get another 17 episodes to the count.

With all these together, we have a Generation with a Movie, a 26 episode Season of 3D animation, a 26 ep Season of 2D animation, and the remaining TyT and MyM episodes make up the half of a season (a 13 Episode season, like FiM Season 3)

I personally think this is a good run for a generation so far, if Season 2 of TyT really gets 70 episodes then for me it will be more than enough, and don't forget the upcoming TyT specials.

Story-wise I also think this generation already got some progress, if they really don't plan on moving on from the three territories, then we need to be fair here, we got 3 villains, a decent number of new characters, 2 new races and 2 new locals (or 3 if you consider Opaline's castle). 

There are the comics too but I haven't read them yet so I can't talk about them.

1 hour ago, Princess Sunny said:

The decade isn't over yet; FIM lasted until 2019 so I think it might be at least til 2029 that G5 lasts.

A generation isn't meant to last a decade, G4 only did because it did, but that wasn't its purpose, I don't know what exactly made it last that long, but if they said that it was because of the sucess and the huge community it would be more than obvious, if G4 wasn't as popular as it was then I believe it would be as long as G2 and G3, both didn't last a decade.

1 hour ago, Steve Piranha said:

I don't know how G5 is performing, but of course it's not a failure, but seriously? That doesn't really matter, even if it's not a failure, they know that the success of G4 was much stronger, G5 can't compare to it, they're sure that if they want to repeat that success they need to make a G4 reboot or bring all those characters and world back. They can't, so in this new generation they're making as many references to G4 that this contract supposedly allows them. There is a big possibility this is just meant to be a filler generation until the contract expires.

2 hours ago, WickedGames said:

Wait this says that there will be a TYT episode every week in 2024!

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2023/09/tell-your-tale-will-continue-into-2025.html?m=1

"The big news here is the announcement that Tell Your Tale will have content for a whopping 2 more years, starting in 2024, with brand new episodes releasing every single week. They also have four long-form specials planned throughout the 2024 year, though they don't give any detail on what those are"

This just contributes more to this reasoning, during the run of Season 1 they made multiple 1-2 weeks breaks between episodes, why in this second season they are in such a rush and releasing them weekly?

More to it, why did they say TyT will continue into 2025? if we consider that it will continue after the second season, then wouldn't it be better if they said it would continue until 2026,27...?  or rather, just say that it would continue for a long time or for years, without specifying a date, why did they specify a year and why is that year 2025? Why the year that the contract with Discovery Family expires?

It just sounds too convenient for me to be a coincidence, but I would say, that there are at least a chance of 50% for both sides, the continuation of this Generation after 2025 and Its ending in 2025, the two have fair points.

2025 can be the ending of TyT but not of G5, that's why I say that we can't be sure of anything yet. Just that TyT can supposedly end in 2025 and in that same year the contract with Discovery Family over the rights of G4 expires

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
12 minutes ago, Rafa Stary said:

That is actually relative, we're in 2024

They released a complete movie

Two different series, one is 20 minute long per episode with 4 of them being 40 minute long, the other one is 5 minute long per episode

If we separate the 4 special MyM episodes into the regular 20 minute format, then we get a series that is longer than a full season of FiM

The entire Season 1 of TyT as a regular 20 minute series makes at least 17 episodes, if we suppose that Season 2 will also have 70 episodes, then we'll get another 17 episodes to the count.

With all these together, we have a Generation with a Movie, a 26 episode Season of 3D animation, a 26 ep Season of 2D animation, and the remaining TyT and MyM episodes make up the half of a season (a 13 Episode season, like FiM Season 3)

I personally think this is a good run for a generation so far, if Season 2 of TyT really gets 70 episodes then for me it will be more than enough, and don't forget the upcoming TyT specials.

Story-wise I also think this generation already got some progress, if they really don't plan on moving on from the three territories, then we need to be fair here, we got 3 villains, a decent number of new characters, 2 new races and 2 new locals (or 3 if you consider Opaline's castle). 

There are the comics too but I haven't read them yet so I can't talk about them.

A generation isn't meant to last a decade, G4 only did because it did, but that wasn't its purpose, I don't know what exactly made it last that long, but if they said that it was because of the sucess and the huge community it would be more than obvious, if G4 wasn't as popular as it was then I believe it would be as long as G2 and G3, both didn't last a decade.

I don't know how G5 is performing, but of course it's not a failure, but seriously? That doesn't really matter, even if it's not a failure, they know that the success of G4 was much stronger, G5 can't compare to it, they're sure that if they want to repeat that success they need to make a G4 reboot or bring all those characters and world back. They can't, so in this new generation they're making as many references to G4 that this contract supposedly allows them. There is a big possibility this is just meant to be a filler generation until the contract expires.

This just contributes more to this reasoning, during the run of Season 1 they made multiple 1-2 weeks breaks between episodes, why in this second season they are in such a rush and releasing them weekly?

More to it, why did they say TyT will continue into 2025? if we consider that it will continue after the second season, then wouldn't it be better if they said it would continue until 2026,27...?  or rather, just say that it would continue for a long time or for years, without specifying a date, why did they specify a year and why is that year 2025? Why the year that the contract with Discovery Family expires?

It just sounds too convenient for me to be a coincidence, but I would say, that there are at least a chance of 50% for both sides, the continuation of this Generation after 2025 and Its ending in 2025, the two have fair points.

2025 can be the ending of TyT but not of G5, that's why I say that we can't be sure of anything yet. Just that TyT can supposedly end in 2025 and in that same year the contract with Discovery Family over the rights of G4 expires

It also says in the article that TYT will be weekly in 2025 

So it looks like it will run throughout 2025 too 

Edited by WickedGames