Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general If you could own any object from any movie, what would it be?

Dreambiscuit

So, if you could possess any non-living object from any movie to keep for your own, what would it be? You may choose from any movie ever made and from any genre, including animation. This is a tough choice to make considering all the possibilities, but you can go for bonus points and use your chosen object to gain even more choices. For example, you could take Aladdin’s Lamp and have three more choices. But if you do, remember that you can only wish for inanimate objects from movies.

So what are you going to choose? Make it as simple or complex as you like. And feel free to explain the reasons for your choices.

• Excited 1

Dang, @TheRockARooster! You could demand anything you want with a gun like that! And I thought I had this strategy down. :coco:

Okay, but I'm still going to take my own advice and grab Al’s lamp. With it I’ll wish for three objects including the Mask (as in the movie ‘The Mask’) which will transform me into the ultimate version of myself, which can include Jedi (and that lightsaber I would have wished for), or a Princess (which would cover all the nice shoes a girl could ever want). Next I’ll take Marty McFly’s Time Machine; if I play this right I can maybe I can use my knowledge of the future to make a few extra bucks (Grey’s Sports Almanac anyone?). Finally I would like something I couldn’t normally pick up on the shelf; the Death Star. Hey, it was that or the One Ring, and the latter has some side effects.

• Brohoof 1
  • Delighted Giggle 1
  • Excited 1

Hm, many, many choices.

Genie lamp

Lightsaber

Star trek Replicator or Holodeck, heck, I just want the Enterprise D!

If I got a gun it would be a Zorg ZF-1

ZF1 PROP – Jake Can Make

• Party! 1

The one and only!

Future War Stories: The Weapons of Sci-Fi: Deckard's Blaster from BLADE  RUNNER

I was always obsessed with this gun, thinking it was the coolest as a kid (Before I had even watched the film.), especially because of TheSpoonyOne. It has such a slick and cool design! If I could own a real version, that'd be so sick. Sadly, I can only get replicas. *Sigh*

In Blade Runner, Deckard's gun has 2 triggers and other design elements  that are characteristic for a rifle rather than a handgun, what could be  the in-universe explanation for that? - Quora

• smile 1

I'm very boring so I'd probably take a Lightsaber, even if there are much more objectively useful things to get from the Star Wars universe alone

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Megas said:

I'm very boring so I'd probably take a Lightsaber, even if there are much more objectively useful things to get from the Star Wars universe alone

Lightsaber gets you cool points though

• Brohoof 3

Hey @Dreambiscuit I'm going to shift this thread over to Media Discussion. Thanks! :)

As for the question, I'd go with a lightsaber from Star Wars. To be more specific, a blue lightsaber. Laser swords are cool. That is all I have to say. :p

• smile 1

I really thought we were going to have a theme here after three guns in a row. :adorkable:

And the light sabers too, tomorrow being May the 4th. I won't say this is my final answer, but for now I'll go for,,,

Spoiler

A Star Destroyer, and if anyone asks why?

Spoiler

FOR THE EMPIRE!

Star Wars: 10 Things You Never Knew About Star Destroyers

• Party! 1

Does the Death Star count as a single object?  I mean... it's made up of many, many objects, and there's a lot of objects inside of it, but once assembled, like a car, it kind of becomes one thing.  I mean, if the Back to the Future DeLorean can be one object, then I say the Death Star is fair game.  I'm going with the Death Star.  I'd use it blow up Earth.  With me on it, of course.  Earth, that is.  Me on Earth when it blows up, that is.  I'd set the Death Star on a timer and then watch from the ground as we blow up.  I don't care for this planet or anything on it, myself included.

• Excited 1

Ooh, some very nice choices here! Lots of lightsabers. I approve!! 

@SharpWit A Star Destroyer, good choice. I see from the pic you went with the Imperial class. Very nice, but can I interest you in a Super Star Destroyer today? Same price!

14 hours ago, Justin_Case001 said:

Does the Death Star count as a single object? 

@Justin_Case001 Of course! I chose it myself. (There are at least two so we can both have one). It definitely counts! Enjoy!

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

@Justin_Case001 I figured everything that's bolted down counted towards it. Leaves me with the issue of no crew though, and possibly some stations without seating? Also You could go the mars method like Invader Zim.

@Dagobiscuit I thought about it, but I had enough trouble trying to get the first one insured.

• Brohoof 2

10 hours ago, SharpWit said:

@Dagobiscuit I thought about it, but I had enough trouble trying to get the first one insured.

And those premiums really go up once one of those things gets blown to smithereens. 

Windmills Kill | Star wars villains, Star wars ships, Disney star wars

• Delighted Giggle 1
  • Hugs 1

In the spirit of May the 4th (about to end for me), how about an X-wing equipped with (very well-paid for) technicians and mechanics :P ?

Also there's no such thing as "fuel" in Star Wars, so I'm not asking for unlimited fuel :proud: (also it wouldn't even be available anyways now would it?)

• Brohoof 1

21 minutes ago, DubWolf said:

In the spirit of May the 4th (about to end for me), how about an X-wing equipped with (very well-paid for) technicians and mechanics :P ?

Also there's no such thing as "fuel" in Star Wars, so I'm not asking for unlimited fuel :proud: (also it wouldn't even be available anyways now would it?)

There is such a thing as fuel in Star Wars, but that would be a separate item. You'd have to use that X-wing to knock over a fuel dump. :ithastolookpretty:

• Hugs 1

21 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

And those premiums really go up once one of those things gets blown to smithereens. 

Windmills Kill | Star wars villains, Star wars ships, Disney star wars

Don't forget Star Wars ships needs thousands of crew.

That's why I'd definitely prefer Star Trek ships from the 24th century or later. They'd break down eventually but probably not in my lifetime.

2 hours ago, Fluttershutter said:

Don't forget Star Wars ships needs thousands of crew.

Good point. But there are ways to get a crew to sign on fast.

Looney Tunes | One Froggy Evening - Free Beer on Make a GIF

• Delighted Giggle 1

• 2 weeks later...