How much of your life do you spend in front of a screen?

Dreambiscuit

This question applies to the amount of time you spend in front of any kind of screen; movie screen, TV screen, phone, tablet or other (screen doors and windows don't count). What percentage of your time is spent in front of that flickering pane of glass or silvery screen? I'm interested in your daily use as well as your lifetime use. Let's have some general percentage numbers and any comments you'd care to add.

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 2

Probably 4-5 hours every day? More if I'm staying home.

Being in front of a screen isn't what matters, it's what the screen has in front of you. :squee:

• Party! 1

I limit myself to two hours a week on my computer. I use my phone about two hours a day, and I watch TV for around 40 minutes

• Brohoof 1
  • smile 1

Too much to be considered healthy. Hopefully that changes and I spend more time in true reality rather than internet reality.

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

17 minutes ago, EpicEnergy said:

Too much to be considered healthy. Hopefully that changes and I spend more time in true reality rather than internet reality.

I vouge for that.

• Brohoof 2

A lot, for one, my job involves using a computer, so unless I have to go somewhere etc, I'll spend at least 8 hours/day using a PC.

I use the PC a lot of fun too. So yeah, a lot. 

Unless I am on vacation, then I spend less time using a PC, but I cannot afford to be on vacation all the time (that would be nice). 

• Brohoof 1

I would say 90% of my free time is spent in front of my Tablet, I think I'll try to make a comparison of the two.

Discounting all my responsibilities, the only things I really do in real life are interact with my family and play with my dog, which usually lasts less than an hour, and nothing else, other than that there is only the time I spend sleeping, I don't like leaving my house or other things like sports, so these things + responsibilities are everything I do in real life.

Now everything else I do is on my Tablet, drawing, watching something, listening to music, reading, writing, socializing with friends, it's all on the Tablet, anything I do that doesn't involve my family or my personal life in general, I do it on the Tablet, and I spend a lot of time drawing and working on my projects.

With all this in mind, I think you can imagine how much time I spend in front of my tablet, and as long I'm happy the way it is and my family doesn't mind it, I don't have any plans on changing that routine, that's pretty much it :lookup:

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

Definitely way too much! I got a pair of pretty cheap blue-light filter eyeglasses to help with it though. Aside from being very cute, they've also greatly reduced the amount of headaches I get, and my sleep schedule is a bit less borked.

• Hugs 1

1 hour ago, Rafa Stary said:

I would say 90% of my free time is spent in front of my Tablet, I think I'll try to make a comparison of the two.

Discounting all my responsibilities, the only things I really do in real life are interact with my family and play with my dog, which usually lasts less than an hour, and nothing else, other than that there is only the time I spend sleeping, I don't like leaving my house or other things like sports, so these things + responsibilities are everything I do in real life.

Now everything else I do is on my Tablet, drawing, watching something, listening to music, reading, writing, socializing with friends, it's all on the Tablet, anything I do that doesn't involve my family or my personal life in general, I do it on the Tablet, and I spend a lot of time drawing and working on my projects.

With all this in mind, I think you can imagine how much time I spend in front of my tablet, and as long I'm happy the way it is and my family doesn't mind it, I don't have any plans on changing that routine, that's pretty much it :lookup:

It's almost exactly like me. Since I got my iPad, I have double the reason to be even more online than before, since both my phone and laptop and kinda wacky. But now I spend most my time with everything, barely have human contact and I study online. 

• smile 1

I cannot lie, a good amount, prob 9 hours a day if i don't have anything really serious to do on that day, It's quite sad ngl, sometimes i want to go outside and just walk around aimlessly but then i just realize that it would be boring.

I try to minimize my time online, so I get my business done (email and a few minor tasks, and sometimes MLP Forums) then I turn off the computer. I don't use a tablet and I never turn on my phone except for emergencies, and I only read my Kindle once in a rare while. But I do watch movies a lot, like two or three a day, so that brings my average up to about 5-6 hours a day, with a lifetime average of 50% of my total years spent in front of the boob tube.

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 2