staff Staffer Of The Week: Luna The Great of All of Russias!

Ice Princess Silky <3

Luna The Great of All of Russias

image.png

Yup. It's that Mysterious Moderator again.

July was supposed to be the beginning of Staffer Of The Week. (SOTW).

An announcement that shows appreciation towards our hard-working staff. July is a month of many birthdays, however, so I found myself traveling while on many adventures and celebrations. Barely any time for the public side of MLPF, sadly.
But the month is not over! And this shout out shall be merging well into the month of August! So, huzzah! 

When the name of @Luna the Great of all the Russias emerged for the SOTW, I winced. I didn't want him to think this was my doing. But staffers truly feel a deep appreciation for all that he does, so it is certainly well deserved!

What he does as a moderator: A lot of background work and cleaning to ensure that the site runs safely, away from damaging links, social conflicts or managing background stuff that requires discussing or a moderator's attention. Attending to and or managing content or users that may otherwise prove problematic.

The Legend of this staffer: As legend would have it, this moderator was secretly an admin capable of changing our names randomly at will, without even being an admin and donning the title of "user." He is too powerful. Omniscient. And silent. All while denying these abilities with a simple "bullocks." The legend continues. Keep your guard up!

Merit in moderation work:

Maintaining a light-hearted presence amongst staff and ensuring everyone feels comfortable in his presence while keeping clear communication on what needs to be done of his duties.

But there is a deeper element to this, as well. His cool, level headed mannerisms has earned a lot of our respect even if we do not share the same views in life. Whether politically, spiritually or religiously... it doesn't matter where we stand because this is truly a good staffer to rely on when you simply need something to get done in a neutral, un-biased manner.

My request to you:

My only request is that you understand that this moderator, as an individual, is a very reserved person. This was also a contributing factor in my hesitation to make this thread. I wish to respect his private nature of keeping himself out of the lime-light. He does not enjoy being on the spot light or receiving random friend requests. This is why the thread is strictly here to elucidate his hard work and effort as a staffer while ensuring the community is running fairly in the background. He is quiet. Reserved and an introvert. So please take no offense to this as I ask that that be respected before shooting a random DM or requesting a random friendship on any platform.  :coco: 

Apart from that, please feel free to express your own gratitude or a random memory of this staffer, if you have any. Thank you!

And thank you to Luna The Great of All of Russias!

• Brohoof 10
  • Delighted Giggle 1
  • smile 1
  • Excited 7
  • Party! 3
  • Hugs 1

@Luna the Great of all the Russias always stood out to me with how level headed, calm and unbiased his behavior was. All that combined with great sense of humor and approachable attitude as a moderator makes him a great addition to a team and I am very happy to see him celebrated for that. 

As more introverted moderator he shows all the best qualities of such mindset. Carefully considering what action to take, seeing potential problems and potential solutions and never allowing emotions to affect his judgement. Next to all that it's rare to see people as unbiased as he is. He will always judge the situation based on the situation and its circumstances alone and refuse to have his opinion affected, by who is involved in it. 

And then of course there's this not-so-visible part of him that's, like I said in the beginning, fun. His calmness has a purpose and makes humorous interactions with him even better. I only wish he stopped using his hidden powers to change mine and @Ice Princess Silky 's name from time to time, but I guess everyone has their flaws... :toldya:

• Brohoof 2
  • smile 2
  • Excited 1
  • Party! 1

toovibrant-2.png

As one person I cannot change the world, but I can change the world of one person.

Art, profile picture and signature by one and only Silky <3

jeric_signaturMokeUP.jpg

God, I wish I could draw like that <3 You are absolutely  talented. Luna looks amazing!

• Brohoof 2
  • smile 2
  • Excited 1
  • Hugs 1

4 minutes ago, Fredalg said:

God, I wish I could draw like that <3 You are absolutely talented. Luna looks amazing!

Thank you!! It was such an honor to draw it for him. :coco: I appreciate your kind words 

• Brohoof 3
  • smile 1
  • Hugs 1

Congratulations, Luna. It's a well deserved honor!

• Brohoof 3
  • smile 1
  • Excited 2

Lead of Development, Canterlot Avenue

casticker-small.png.6fc9723566f0d7b37a5da27f0464394a.png

Congratulations Luna! awesome to have you in the team and always a pleasure to work with you! 

Well deserved! :coco:

• Brohoof 3
  • smile 1
  • Hugs 1

Don't mind me, just waiting for my pancakes.

1969050.gif

Luna congrats! I know how much you love books so I decided to take all of your books and make a book igloo with them! :eager:

Well, it's still a work in progress but I thought maybe you can be near your books and also be protected from the dangers of the world. All while moderating this website! I hope you enjoy :fluttershy:

Spoiler

image.jpeg.9ab116503099908d7040189e62c59d97.jpeg

Or maybe you can add more to it every time you get new books? :ooh: :P

• Delighted Giggle 5
  • smile 2

11 minutes ago, Trot Shuffle said:

Luna congrats! I know how much you love books so I decided to take all of your books and make a book igloo with them! :eager:

Well, it's still a work in progress but I thought maybe you can be near your books and also be protected from the dangers of the world. All while moderating this website! I hope you enjoy :fluttershy:

Hide contents

Omg this is brilliant ! LOL

• Brohoof 2
  • Delighted Giggle 1
  • smile 2

15 minutes ago, Trot Shuffle said:

Reveal hidden contents

I can hear @Luna the Great of all the Russias's anguished screams all the way from here :sealed:

Speaking of screams...

Spoiler

image.png

Me right now >:C 

• Delighted Giggle 3
  • Excited 2

toovibrant-2.png

As one person I cannot change the world, but I can change the world of one person.

Art, profile picture and signature by one and only Silky <3

jeric_signaturMokeUP.jpg

5 minutes ago, Sir Hugsalot said:

I can hear @Luna the Great of all the Russias's anguished screams all the way from here :sealed:

Speaking of screams...

Reveal hidden contents

Anguish is another term for happy, right? Happy screams? :3 

I knew he would love it! 

• Brohoof 1
  • Delighted Giggle 2

A major congratulations to @Luna the Great of all the Russias! :eager:

I know Luna and I haven't interacted as much, but from what I've learned, they are truly a hard working and dedicated staffer. It's truly an honor to have them with us on the team and in the community. :) 

I remember also seeing their art in an art contest, as well! The way it was animated and the colors looked both really talented and breathtaking to see. :fluttershy:

Congratulations once again to @Luna the Great of all the Russias! I hope to interact with you more and I have no doubt that you'll continue to be an awesome moderator on the team! ^_^ 

• Brohoof 3
  • smile 2
  • Excited 1

Thank you. I am glad that my presence on staff has not been a mere redundancy.

2 hours ago, Ice Princess Silky said:

image.png

Thank you for drawing this. I love it.

1 hour ago, Trot Shuffle said:

Reveal hidden contents

Except you. No thank you for you.

• Brohoof 1
  • Delighted Giggle 3
  • smile 3

image.png.b5800dbd4a0f66541f23ae5455e704d7.png
Pony Art Thread

Brony since ~25 July of 2011.

'Staffer of the Week'... Yeah... I can get behind this. It's always nice to show how much a staff member contributes to the forums beyond the usual duties.

• Brohoof 2
  • Delighted Giggle 1

rainbowfalls_sig.png.9f23ec82e216af1315704914cd3052b1.png

21 minutes ago, Kantet said:

@Luna the Great of all the Russias Wow, you draw beautifully.
p.s. I'm also a bronie from Russia!!

I agree! His art is absolutely amazing! Brony from Russia! So cool! Hello all the way from New York! :coco:

• Hugs 1