Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What brings you nostalgia in gaming?

Nas

I'm a die-hard Sonic fan, and I've noticed that the cash registers in a lot of gas stations in my state now seem to have the little chime noise for when Sonic collects rings in the old genesis games, for when the person does an action on the computer. Lots of nostalgia.

:wub:

When you hear music or a remix of music that you heard from an old game. For example, they put songs from Super Mario World into Super Paper Mario, and it reminded me of the good ole days. Or when I find an old copy of a game somewhere in my game room or something, I spend a few seconds reminiscing about how much childish enjoyment was spent on that particular game.

• Brohoof 1

I recently purchased an old SNES along with Super Mario World. Playing it was very nostalgic, especially considering I hadn't played that game since we moved out to where we are now. A lot has changed since then, but what doesn't change is how wonderful my gaming experiences felt as a kid and now.

• Brohoof 1

The Neverhood is a really nostalgic game to me. Same with Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Donkey Kong 64. I played those games all the friggin' time when I was a little kid.

• Brohoof 1

Hm.....I guess it's about time I contribute to the thread.....

I've been introduced to numerous Nintendo franchises over the long timespan of my lifetime, and one of the one's I am most thankful for, is Pokémon. I watched the anime constantly over the years, but my first real experience was in 2005. I got my first game, Emerald version. For days after, it became one of my favorite games ever, and one of the most important games of my childhood. I had so many memories carried on throughout the many days that I've played it. And so many things being me back to the good ol’ days.

There are a good number of themes from the game that take me back, but these two in particular are in my head:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-6t9wUZiQo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2n9Eb3ZPFA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Ah, generation 3....I simply cannot wait until they come out with the remakes for them. All of my memories, modernized.

2003? It's been that long?

Back on topic:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=goPduGKpcIE

I'll just leave that there.

That is one of the best and most powerful console startups, in my opinion. It just screams retro 90's.

Though unfortunately, I never grew up with it, only the latter half with the PS1 logo (because I always played my PS1 games on a PS2).

The same goes with the North American Dreamcast startup, very environmental and moving, and it would bring back so much nostalgia, in fact it's so powerful that I think I get a teensy bit of nostalgia anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bb-_XLM6KI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Brohoof 1

Can't quote on the iPod, NASCAR, but I'm sorry to say that I never got to play the Dreamcast. Heck, I got the first Playstation when I was seven, and had the system dominate the better part of my childhood. Anyone remember The Legend of Dragoon?

• Brohoof 2

Can't quote on the iPod, NASCAR, but I'm sorry to say that I never got to play the Dreamcast. Heck, I got the first Playstation when I was seven, and had the system dominate the better part of my childhood. Anyone remember The Legend of Dragoon?

I'm sorry, too, I would've liked to grow up with both systems.

On the other hand, we should all be happy and nostalgic with what we got, my PS2 and GBA are both majorly important to me in my childhood. :3

JRPG's bring really good memories about my childhood. Oh how much fun i had playing Final Fantasy games and The Legend of The Dragoon(Nostalgia factor makes this game the best game i have ever played even to this day). Now these days that my tastes have changed a bit nostalgia is the factor that makes me tolerate jrpg's

• Brohoof 1

Anything from the N64 era and before. If the N64 is brought up I get more nostalgic than the PS1 because I still play PS1 games today thanks to having my games still and being able to play them on my PS3 and being able to get them off of PSN. (There's some N64, NES and SNES games on the Wii store and all but you can't play cartridges on disc-based systems. LOL)

• Brohoof 1

How did i skim trough this post without noticing the last words... That game is the huge turning point of my history as a gamer. That was the first 3D JRPG i played and for me and my friends that game was the most amazing thing ever created. FF7 wasn't really my thing, but LoD was the shiz! While these days the story is bit corny/cheezy and as a kid it was amazing. The Nostalgia makes blindly love it even to this day.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

When I actually play a game that doesn't hold my hand throughout the entire thing, then it brings back memories of the older days.