Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Scritches

84 users have voted

1. 1. Would you enjoy/be intrigued by a presentation on why a human invasion of equestria would fail?

• yes
    • no
    • Depends [ Please post below with your explanation(s) ]
    • Other [ Please post below with explanation(s) ]
  2. 2. Do you think a human invasion of Equestria would fail?

• Yes
    • No [ please post below with your explanation(s) ]
    • Unsure

Then why would we be invading? Invading a peaceful race for knowledge is very stupid, when we could just have an agreement beneficial to both sides. So I can only assume that we're invading for slaves, and killing their Goddess leaders at the expense of a few hundred other ponies would be an excellent move.

I agree. This is the only logical reason why we would invade since all other things that Equestria could offer us from an invasion can be attained much easier from Mars and such.

Here's an idea: Instead of dropping the bomb, we hold it over their head. Use footage, video tapes, etc., to prove the sheer destructive power we're talking about. We hold Canterlot hostage, ask ever so politely for what they have, and keep them under their thrall for as long as we desire. Heck, we could even set up a colony and control them, similar to imperialism in the 1700s and 1800s.

Yeah and that worked out really well for the imperiald didn't it *eyeroll*

I agree. This is the only logical reason why we would invade since all other things that Equestria could offer us from an invasion can be attained much easier from Mars and such.

Yeah and that worked out really well for the imperiald didn't it *eyeroll*

I don't think invading for slaves is too logical. Their always the ethics that will inevitably pop up, costing us a lot in the long run. No, what we want is their magic, and an empire, starting with them. If we have to kill a couple million to achieve that end, then we will.

I don't think invading for slaves is too logical. Their always the ethics that will inevitably pop up, costing us a lot in the long run. No, what we want is their magic, and an empire, starting with them. If we have to kill a couple million to achieve that end, then we will.

There's no way we could gain there magic since there source for magic comes from there horns. Perhaps we could learn to harness there magical artifacts such as the Elements of Harmony if that's what you mean.

There's no way we could gain there magic since there source for magic comes from there horns. Perhaps we could learn to harness there magical artifacts such as the Elements of Harmony if that's what you mean.

Clarke's Third Law: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Enough time and SCIENCE, and we could reverse engineer and figure out how they are bending the laws of physics. Then, of course, we could always employ the unicorns themselves, whether or not it benign or the some way we employed the Indians. Regardless, it would be sufficient to ease our collective conscious and allow ourselves to keep using them.

Think of it: faster-than-light travel, infinite energy, and massive scientific leaps. Isn't the discomfort of a few ponies worth that?

• Brohoof 1

Clarke's Third Law: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Enough time and SCIENCE, and we could reverse engineer and figure out how they are bending the laws of physics. Then, of course, we could always employ the unicorns themselves, whether or not it benign or the some way we employed the Indians. Regardless, it would be sufficient to ease our collective conscious and allow ourselves to keep using them.

Think of it: faster-than-light travel, infinite energy, and massive scientific leaps. Isn't the discomfort of a few ponies worth that?

It's a slightly terrible thing to say, but many people would probably agree with the holding of a few beings to advance our technology by decades, if not centuries.

Really I don't see any way that it would be worthwhile to invade Equestria for whatever reason. The combination of rescourses we would have to exploit to reach them, then defeat them, then the casualties (both them and us) would not be worthwhile for just a few scientific advances when we could just approach them peacefully and atain the same result.

Really I don't see any way that it would be worthwhile to invade Equestria for whatever reason. The combination of rescourses we would have to exploit to reach them, then defeat them, then the casualties (both them and us) would not be worthwhile for just a few scientific advances when we could just approach them peacefully and atain the same result.

FEW scientific advances? We are talking about a race that instinctively says "Screw you, physics, I'mma do what I want!" We are not talking minor motions, we are talking learning about the very nature of the universe! String theory understood, the basic laws comprehended, the sort of beauties we have hoped for since we first invented fire! Such an allure, such appeal, we would want! Of course, we might require some resources... a few ponies to dissect... the obedience and help of their gods... but we would easily be willing to fight for such things in the name of discovering such miracles.

FEW scientific advances? We are talking about a race that instinctively says "Screw you, physics, I'mma do what I want!" We are not talking minor motions, we are talking learning about the very nature of the universe! String theory understood, the basic laws comprehended, the sort of beauties we have hoped for since we first invented fire! Such an allure, such appeal, we would want! Of course, we might require some resources... a few ponies to dissect... the obedience and help of their gods... but we would easily be willing to fight for such things in the name of discovering such miracles.

It still wouldn't be worth it. The coming generations will look back on us with disgust for wiping out an entire species of intelligent life, especially when we could have gained this knowledge anyway though peaceful negotiations.

(edited)

I'm on the 'I don't wanna hurt anybody' team cause I love ponies and humans so I don't want to hurt or injure anyone or anypony. Cause murder is illegal and I'm too shy to even punch or hit a pony :blush:.

Edited by ϟ Invader Sonic Boom ϟ

It still wouldn't be worth it. The coming generations will look back on us with disgust for wiping out an entire species of intelligent life, especially when we could have gained this knowledge anyway though peaceful negotiations.

Assuming there are 20 million ponies, we don't need to kill them all, all we need to do is convince them that it's much easier to work with us then fight.

Bear in mind I don't agree with this. I am far in favor of peaceful solution and whatnot, I just find it highly unlikely that a human leadership would agree to work with the ponies or let them exist peacefully. I would be far more in favor of a Human-Pony Empire that would advance past the galaxy into eternity.

• Brohoof 1

Assuming there are 20 million ponies, we don't need to kill them all, all we need to do is convince them that it's much easier to work with us then fight.

Bear in mind I don't agree with this. I am far in favor of peaceful solution and whatnot, I just find it highly unlikely that a human leadership would agree to work with the ponies or let them exist peacefully. I would be far more in favor of a Human-Pony Empire that would advance past the galaxy into eternity.

I disagree. For decades now our governments have been activley searching for intelligent life. And when we find it I gurantee that our leader's plan isn't to go in guns ablazin'.
  • Brohoof 1

I disagree. For decades now our governments have been activley searching for intelligent life. And when we find it I gurantee that our leader's plan isn't to go in guns ablazin'.

That's because we don't actually expect to find anything of value. A planet with a hospitable environment, ecosystems FAMILIAR to ours, and an intelligent working populace? A jewel to easy to snatch.

(edited)

That's because we don't actually expect to find anything of value. A planet with a hospitable environment, ecosystems FAMILIAR to ours, and an intelligent working populace? A jewel to easy to snatch.

The public would never except our governmend doing anything other than working together with them peacefully.

What would you do if you heard on the news that we discovered the MLP universe but the Marines are invading it as we speak?

Edited by Krystal Serenity

The public would never except our governmend doing anything other than working together with them peacefully.

What would you do if you heard on the news that we discovered the MLP universe but the Marines are invading it as we speak?

Two words:

Fox News.

"A species of suspiciously similar aliens has been discovered, one with limited technology but strange powers that scientists can't explain. Their intents are unknown as of this point, but at least one has described themself as superior. In addition, they seem to worship pagan gods of the sun and the moon manifested into physical form, with the moon goddess recently attempting destruction of all life on the planet, but then accepted back into full fellowship."

Republicans screw it up again.

Two words:

Fox News.

"A species of suspiciously similar aliens has been discovered, one with limited technology but strange powers that scientists can't explain. Their intents are unknown as of this point, but at least one has described themself as superior. In addition, they seem to worship pagan gods of the sun and the moon manifested into physical form, with the moon goddess recently attempting destruction of all life on the planet, but then accepted back into full fellowship."

Republicans screw it up again.

Well Fox can go *beep* a *beep*

There's no way that the government will be able to contain this from the media forever. Eventually it will get out and society will not be happy.

Well Fox can go *beep* a *beep*

There's no way that the government will be able to contain this from the media forever. Eventually it will get out and society will not be happy.

Yep. Probably right after we cement our hold over Equestria. Mostly because anyone who claims that we are hosting a secret invasion of another planet where ponies who are smart and can do magic live would be locked up or derided as a conspiracy theorist of the most moronic kind.

Yep. Probably right after we cement our hold over Equestria. Mostly because anyone who claims that we are hosting a secret invasion of another planet where ponies who are smart and can do magic live would be locked up or derided as a conspiracy theorist of the most moronic kind.

So all 4,365 members of this forum will be imprisoned?

(edited)

So all 4,365 members of this forum will be imprisoned?

Wouldn't doubt it would go far enough to imprison many more bronies than that.

Edit: I'll just use one of my older posts.

...And if we even tried to stop whoever is invading, I'm using a multi-national army as an example, we would most likely be branded terrorists, or turncoats. From what I know terrorists are usually imprisoned, and or executed. Sure it would be a very large execution, but there have been genocides of the same and larger scale.

Edited by Veiled Enigma

(edited)

Let's assume that all magic is fallible. After all, Shining Armor had to exert energy to keep it up, and it required a generator (love) to get it back going again. And the changelings break through it after it was weakened. Missiles will use a LOT more kinetic energy then small creatures banging over and over again.

Giving the ponies a 50% dodge rate only makes their demise that much more sure. We can fire HUNDREDS of bullets per second. What's more, we have the infrastructure for such war. They are, and I will emphasize, only at a steam-level in terms of technology. Every other invention we have seen that is more powerful has been hand-waved as being unicorn magic. Kill the unicorn, the magic goes away. And we WILL kill the unicorns. Humans have a remarkable ability to adapt to the situation at hand, and change up their strategies in order to defeat any force. The only military force we have seen are the royal guard, and they have been inn effectual in the face of every threat the kingdom has faced, leaving the work to a group of six ponies who can wield one weapon. I don't know how the Elements of Harmony work, but given the amount of Harmony the armed forces have, it would not be nearly as effective as against Chrysalis or Discord.

We are also forgetting a critical element of this: the fact that we are invading. We are tearing their lands and their homes apart. This is going to get them angry, and angry soldiers will break ranks and disobey orders, especially without a strong military infrastructure. They will, alternatively, get scared, and get mowed down easily. Assault rifles, machine guns, snipers, tanks, airplanes. We are attacking a largely undefended force, using modern tactics and weaponry. No matter how many they are, no matter if they dodge 75% of the bullets, there will always be one that they cannot avoid, and this will kill them. And I've only been assuming American involvement. If we had the Chinese, that would be ONE BILLION soldiers. We don't know how many ponies there are, but it appears to be rather sparsely populated. Even if they could kill us ten to one, which I doubt, EVEN for the princesses and Discord (bullets are rather chaotic, and there are plenty of them, assuming he breaks out, and helps the ponies). About Discord being a dick, he kind of is, and would revel in total war between humans and ponies.

Dragons would be nasty, but they tend to be solitary, and avoid open conflict unless punished. So they stay in their caves until we spray some nice little gas and watch them die. Parasprites are vile insects, but we have exterminators.

Their world is too nice and bubbly and sweet. Ours is not. Our world deals with the nastiest shit you can imagine, and there is a reason we are the dominant species. Because we kill EVERYTHING ELSE.

This may seem very redundant of me, but I have to again say that even without the changelings banging on it, Shining Armor's shield would have collapsed anyway with Chrysalis weakening him the whole time.

And undoubtedly, humans WILL try to kill the unicorns, and the unicorns WILL try to defend themselves. How they go about this, I haven't a clue, as I couldn't speak for them, but they will try.

Not always will that stray bullet make a head shot.

Again, we've only seen two cities, Ponyville and Canterlot. A country wouldn't be made up of only two cities.

For numbers, I'll give that the entire world population would made them fold under the pressure of sheer numbers, but I doubt that the whole world would support the invasion, and remember that 1 pony does not equal 1 human.

Yet again, we've seen multiple references to technology we have combat-wise, such as tanks, cannons, etc. I'm assuming the only thing that we have which they aren't familiar with already are airplanes and helicopters. I doubt they wouldn't know how to defend themselves against the former, though I do doubt the latter.

Uh...yeah. Lulu and Tia, was it? They're practically goddesses, and if they aren't, then they're demigoddesses. They're capable of moving the moon and the sun, and assuming that their sun and moon are the same size as ours, that's a lot of matter to move at a hell of a distance.

Oh. And Discord is a dick, but you have to be a pretty big dick not to fight for your home.

+1 factor in this: COST. Yes, we have all of this pointy magical metal stuff, but we need to be able to afford whatever we send in, and if we expend more than we will gain, then the invasion is pointless.

I'll just give this last bit; we can only predict some factors, but unless this actually happens, there is no way to know. Equestria would win :3

Edited by Stoner Spike

(edited)

Except we are planning on just that. Do you really think that the government would spend billions on looking at the sky just so when we do find something we have no iowa what to do with it? The government has a secret file somewhere with detailed plans on what they will do in the event of any extraterrestrial finding or encounter. Heck I bet they even have one for if they find one in the president's morning coffee.

And I'll bet that this is there procedure for if they find an earth like planet with intelligent life:

1) Study from a distance

2) Make first contact (peacefully)

3) Attempt negotiations and peace talks

4) If they prove to be hostile: invade

5) If they just simply say "no" to four then we'll just walk away and come back later

However if this were to happen with ponies and all I'm sure that Celestia (as the leader of the ponies) will make the descission to embrace us humans and our technology and allow us to study there's.

Edited by Krystal Serenity

I voted "unsure" for the success or failure of an invasion. I think humans would fail, because friendship, but then again...nuclear missiles. Bye bye ponies. However, this post gave me an interesting idea for a short story...humans taking over Equestria...

Oh. I've been told I'm a good writer, so I might write some pony stuff...maybe...I'm new too. In case you didn't see <- Blank Flank over there...

This may seem very redundant of me, but I have to again say that even without the changelings banging on it, Shining Armor's shield would have collapsed anyway with Chrysalis weakening him the whole time.

And undoubtedly, humans WILL try to kill the unicorns, and the unicorns WILL try to defend themselves. How they go about this, I haven't a clue, as I couldn't speak for them, but they will try.

Not always will that stray bullet make a head shot.

Again, we've only seen two cities, Ponyville and Canterlot. A country wouldn't be made up of only two cities.

For numbers, I'll give that the entire world population would made them fold under the pressure of sheer numbers, but I doubt that the whole world would support the invasion, and remember that 1 pony does not equal 1 human.

Yet again, we've seen multiple references to technology we have combat-wise, such as tanks, cannons, etc. I'm assuming the only thing that we have which they aren't familiar with already are airplanes and helicopters. I doubt they wouldn't know how to defend themselves against the former, though I do doubt the latter.

Uh...yeah. Lulu and Tia, was it? They're practically goddesses, and if they aren't, then they're demigoddesses. They're capable of moving the moon and the sun, and assuming that their sun and moon are the same size as ours, that's a lot of matter to move at a hell of a distance.

Oh. And Discord is a dick, but you have to be a pretty big dick not to fight for your home.

+1 factor in this: COST. Yes, we have all of this pointy magical metal stuff, but we need to be able to afford whatever we send in, and if we expend more than we will gain, then the invasion is pointless.

I'll just give this last bit; we can only predict some factors, but unless this actually happens, there is no way to know. Equestria would win :3

You look at the developers interviews, and they make it clear: they are at steam level. That means that they have no tanks, very few fast-firing weapons (maybe none, we haven't seen any, even in a military invasion), and no instantaneous communications, except for Spike, who is, in the end, ONE dragon.

And knowing how to defend against a tank is a far cry from being able to assault it physically and win.

As for Celestia and Luna, we don't really know the extents of their abilities, but we have yet to so them do much except mess with the sun and the moon, which a number of non-alicorns did before they got the job. So, they could have the powers of hundreds of unicorns, but that does not mean that they cannot be overcome.

Discord? He is the biggest dick in the multiverse. HE DISCORDED FLUTTERSHY. That is all.

Finally, as for cost, refer to my above posts that can be essentially summed up:

GET THE MAGIC. RULE THE UNIVERSE.

(edited)

You look at the developers interviews, and they make it clear: they are at steam level. That means that they have no tanks, very few fast-firing weapons (maybe none, we haven't seen any, even in a military invasion), and no instantaneous communications, except for Spike, who is, in the end, ONE dragon.

And knowing how to defend against a tank is a far cry from being able to assault it physically and win.

As for Celestia and Luna, we don't really know the extents of their abilities, but we have yet to so them do much except mess with the sun and the moon, which a number of non-alicorns did before they got the job. So, they could have the powers of hundreds of unicorns, but that does not mean that they cannot be overcome.

Discord? He is the biggest dick in the multiverse. HE DISCORDED FLUTTERSHY. That is all.

Finally, as for cost, refer to my above posts that can be essentially summed up:

GET THE MAGIC. RULE THE UNIVERSE.

Steam level only. Explain the references to tanks, Pinkie's party cannon (which would be very strange if there wasn't a working combat version), and the analysis computer in Twilight's basement.

So the unicorns do have some power, then. I never did say Celestia or Luna couldn't be overcome, but it would take A LOT to do so. They are goddesses. I doubt that the only thing they can do (which even if it were would be plenty of ability on its own) is move a star and a moon. The only thing that has actually taken them down is another extremely powerful being (Discord, the Nightmare [which took 1000 years for Luna to turn into], and Chrysalis [who was becoming constantly more powerful by feeding off of Shining Armor's love for Cadence]). Giant hunks of metal loaded with explosives probably wouldn't be much of a problem.

Alright, well, he discorded Fluttershy. I'll just go with (can't quite recall who said this) that if he got released, both sides would probably royally fucked. You can't really say that given the opportunity to screw with both sides that he would only go for one, and even if that were the situation, that he would go with helping the humans by default.

Going by what you said, Equestria isn't as big as it seems anyway. After all, we've only seen two cities, and heard of a few more, plus it seems to be sparsely populated. Why would getting a message be a problem with pegasi and unicorns around?

You can't acquire magic. Unless you enslave the unicorns. And that's just morally wrong. Slavery's illegal for a reason, eh? So, you can't rule the universe. Even if you did enslave them, they are a peaceful species, so they probably wouldn't use their powers for ill-intended purposes only. Unless the humans had some machine that could harvest and use magic (which we're talking present and near-future here, making it impossible to develop a machine that can take energy and use it to do things that would naturally be bending the laws of physics, gravity, and many others), then the invasion would really be pointless, because of the amount of cash you'd have to spend in order to get the materials for everything; research and build a giant space travel vehicle, get the fuel for it (which on its own would probably be well over the hundred thousands), food, water, shelter, troops' payroll, war machine building, weapon creation, machines to harvest the resources in Equestria (which is only a country, and if what you say is true, is also small, therefore resource reduction), perhaps the materials to colonize in Equestria, and the fuel for a trip back home (and the materials for a new vehicle if the one made isn't reusable, along with new fuel tanks and replacement parts for anything that may have been damaged during an invasion, plus people to build the new fuel tanks and possibly the new vehicle). Speaking of the vehicle, how will you manage to load all of this junk onto it, let alone get it off the ground?

I think I've listed enough. If that isn't convincing enough, I'll keep going, including details. :P

We're talking hundred millions, maybe billions, maybe trillions. Yes, we can definitely afford this, can't we?

Edited by Stoner Spike

(edited)

You can't acquire magic. Unless you enslave the unicorns. And that's just morally wrong. Slavery's illegal for a reason, eh? So, you can't rule the universe. Even if you did enslave them, they are a peaceful species, so they probably wouldn't use their powers for ill-intended purposes only. Unless the humans had some machine that could harvest and use magic (which we're talking present and near-future here, making it impossible to develop a machine that can take energy and use it to do things that would naturally be bending the laws of physics, gravity, and many others), then the invasion would really be pointless, because of the amount of cash you'd have to spend in order to get the materials for everything; research and build a giant space travel vehicle, get the fuel for it (which on its own would probably be well over the hundred thousands), food, water, shelter, troops' payroll, war machine building, weapon creation, machines to harvest the resources in Equestria (which is only a country, and if what you say is true, is also small, therefore resource reduction), perhaps the materials to colonize in Equestria, and the fuel for a trip back home (and the materials for a new vehicle if the one made isn't reusable, along with new fuel tanks and replacement parts for anything that may have been damaged during an invasion, plus people to build the new fuel tanks and possibly the new vehicle). Speaking of the vehicle, how will you manage to load all of this junk onto it, let alone get it off the ground?

I think I've listed enough. If that isn't convincing enough, I'll keep going, including details. :P

We're talking hundred millions, maybe billions, maybe trillions. Yes, we can definitely afford this, can't we?

I'll use a quote from Infinity help with my argument a bit.

Clarke's Third Law: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Enough time and SCIENCE, and we could reverse engineer and figure out how they are bending the laws of physics....

I'm pretty sure that, if given the chance, the governments of the world would spend trillions to set our technology forward centuries. The governments could make much, much more money off just this jump start.

And as for the slavery, we could just put unicorns in PoW camps and force them to work for us. It can still be considered immoral to some people, but it's basically not slavery and can be made to seem necessary.

Edited by Veiled Enigma

I'll use a quote from Infinity help with my argument a bit.

I'm pretty sure that, if given the chance, the governments of the world would spend trillions to set our technology forward centuries. The governments could make much, much more money off just this jump start.

And as for the slavery, we could just put unicorns in PoW camps and force them to work for us. It can still be considered immoral to some people, but it's basically not slavery and can be made to seem necessary.

Yeah, with enough time we can do that, but we're only talking present and near future.

Again, I doubt they'd actually work. I, for one, would rather die than serve someone or something against my will.