Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

There is no "Best Pony"

Champion RD92

Okay, so, I'm getting sick of people arguing over who is "best pony"

There is no best pony, it all depends who your personal favorite pony is.

Bottom line: THERE IS NO BEST PONY. It's all based on personal preference.

Everyone has a different favorite pony, and there's no need to have stupid childish arguments over who is "best" pony.

Do you guys get what I mean?

• Brohoof 5

I hear ye. People could at least say "in my opinion" afterwards.

Like... "Rainbow Dash is best pony in my opinion" or "Rainbow Dash is best pony IMO".

Or you could just say who your favorite pony is. :P

• Brohoof 1

Yup, as I mentioned in another topic. Fans of one pony are never going to see how fans of another pony like that pony, when they themselves dislike that pony. It's like a convention, and everyone brings their fave ponies, sitting on a platform, sitting and waiting for the chance to denounce other people's claims about them. Utterly pointless.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I thought this was pretty clear.... ''Best pony'' is more of a joke if you ask me.

Edited by Vicke
  • Brohoof 3

inb4(insert pony here)isbestpony

I agree to this. Though there are overrated ponies.

'Overrated' is an opinion.

'Advertised more and pushed in the face of people outside the fandom' is however more of a fact. Dash and Pinkie are pushed on shirts and media more than the other four, and that's reality. Whether you personally find such a thing to mean that the character is 'overrated' is an individual opinion, though.

• Brohoof 1

In the beginning, I hold out my fanboyism for Fluttershy. I still do, and think she's the cutest, but I've come to like almost all the ponies very much. I never was in wars over it, though, I did like them too

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Save your new ageisms for the saps granola boy

of course theres a best pony

I agree. All of them are best ponies. Even outside the Mane 6.

Edited by ThatOnePwny

What are you talking about? Rarity is clearly best pony.

Everypony has their own strengths and flaws. It's what makes their personalities very in-depth and lovable, and you can even relate to them. Otherwise, the show would just suck hard from the lack of drive on the characters' parts. It would be like G3.5 all over again with terrible dynamics topped off with shitty voice acting.

• Brohoof 3

Its all a personalized opinion on your favorite pony, its your opinion, not everybody else's. (RD is best pony)
  • Brohoof 3

Rainbow Dash is best pony :3

In all seriousness, there is no best pony. It is a personally preference. However, I don't really think people "argue" over this kind of thing. I for one use the whole "Rainbow Dash is best pony" thing to poke fun at other bronies and stuff.

• Brohoof 5

I hate it when some Bronies do "That's not how you spell Rainbow Dash" or "That's not how you spell Pinkie Pie", that really rustles my jimmies when people do that.
  • Brohoof 2

I hate it when some Bronies do "That's not how you spell Rainbow Dash" or "That's not how you spell Pinkie Pie", that really rustles my jimmies when people do that.

Silly filly, that's not how you spell Rainbow Dash ;)

• Brohoof 1

I agree with this, it's all personal opinion, like my favorite pony is Fluttershy, and I know she is known to be a bit overrated (which I don't care about at all) but she has a few things about her that I can relate to, thus I find her to be more favourable to me.

I really do like all the ponies, and all of their different personalities and quirks, not one of them is 'best pony' :)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Except Snips and Snails, they suck.

Somepony here said Snails was his favorite pony.... >.>

Posted Image Edited by Pinkazoid
  • Brohoof 1

Well I say....

PERSONALIZED OPINIONS!!!!!!!!!! (ALSO HAPPY CAPS LOCK DAY!!!!!!!)

(edited)

One other thing I'd like to rant on about on this topic, is the fact that ideally, there are two types of supporters. There are the fanboys who will live and die to defend their favorite character from any and all attacks, regardless of what they are. It's these people who cause the major fights and drama, because these, in lay-mans terms, are fightin' words. People see ignorance when people do those sort of things, and they should.

Ideally, you should love your pony for their good traits, as well as their bad traits, knowing that they can improve upon them as they mature. For example, I love Dashie because she's adorable, funny, awesome and can pull of all sorts of situations in different ways, but I also like her because she can be immature, and because she can be a hothead who competes for number 1, and because she can sometimes sound brash and rude (albeit, I'll gladly argue to anyone that, most of the time, she's not trying to sound like a jerk). When people see that you're mature enough to fully acknowledge, hell, even appreciate your favorite characters' flaws, then they're far more likely to return the favor. I can understand why people don't like Dash, because her negative traits are not for everyone, and I can see why people would dislike her due to them, and that's perfectly okay. We as humans look for the good and bad because it's how we ourselves are, which leads back to the whole 'this show is so goddamn realistic' aspect. Just like with people in real life, some people have friends that you don't like, but that doesn't inherently make them a bad person.

Anyway, the main point is, for me, the term 'best pony' is more so a way of saying 'Dashie is my favorite, hnnng she's so cute cuddly adorable awesome <3', and nothing more, just like ThatOnePwny said earlier on page one.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 3