Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Traveling RP

Slipstream

Eeee, roleplay, my old friend.

SO. The idea I was thinking of started off kind of selfish, because my main pony OC is kind of centered around travel, but I think it could be expanded into a proper game with room for everyone, certainly not just pegasi. The idea is a group of nomad ponies who travel the world and get into kind of weird adventures, major and minor, as a result of their not staying in one place for a while. I'm trying to avoid the "gypsy" stereotype because it's becoming outdated and offensive, but I think the "traveling show"/markets/making your way without settling has a lot of merit for interpersonal CR. My initial idea is to make a new thread for each destination; say, one thread for traveling, one thread for a particular city, etc. (Anyone read Girl Genius? Remember "Master Payne's Traveling Heterodyne Show"? like that, but more variety.)

Alternately, it could be a group of pony adventurers, looking to fight crime and quell chaos across Equestria! That would be more combat-oriented, so we'd need a combat system and I'd likely need more mods, but it's another one that might be fun.

Anyway, I'm kind of attached to nomad!ponies, and I wanted to see what everyone else thought. I think technically everyone could participate at certain times; if we stop in your town, come by and say hi! Otherwise, you'd sign a character up to be part of the traveling herd.

So... opinions? Stupid? Cool? Overdone? It just kind of came to me, so I'm open to suggestions. c:

I think this sounds super cool. I've always loved traveling stories and plotlines, etc. I just don't know which of my characters I think would work in a traveling setting. XD

I think this sounds super cool. I've always loved traveling stories and plotlines, etc. I just don't know which of my characters I think would work in a traveling setting. XD

Do you have links to character profiles? I'd love to see them.

It's not a bad idea, but if you do create a roleplay about this, I'd have only one request.

My initial idea is to make a new thread for each destination; say, one thread for traveling, one thread for a particular city, etc.

Please keep your roleplay in a single roleplay thread, even if it may get a bit large, rather than multiple roleplay threads, none of which would probably exceed ten pages. The reasoning behind this is simply to eliminate clutter in this subforum, as all your "sub-destinations" are still really part of an overall "travelling" roleplay.

Other than that, the idea sounds great! :)

It's not a bad idea, but if you do create a roleplay about this, I'd have only one request.

Please keep your roleplay in a single roleplay thread, even if it may get a bit large, rather than multiple roleplay threads, none of which would probably exceed ten pages. The reasoning behind this is simply to eliminate clutter in this subforum, as all your "sub-destinations" are still really part of an overall "travelling" roleplay.

Other than that, the idea sounds great! :)

/salute

I was hoping to do something like story arcs, so it would be useful to have some separation, but I could also probably just keep an updated "and this is where to start if you want to read this bit" list of links in the main OOC post. I'm not so used to RPs in subforums, and I don't want to step on toes. I do want there to be obvious options for people to play "one-stop ponies" that don't go along with the caravan, but... I'll come up with something.

Also eee people are excited. :wub: I'm looking over character pages and over the past day or two the idea has solidified; I even have a Big Bad of sorts for people who stick around long enough. I was kind of worried no one would care. There should be a Searching post up soon; I'm busy with work in the next couple days so I can't devote my full time to it, but I'll try and put out something more concrete soon.

Eeee, roleplay, my old friend.

SO. The idea I was thinking of started off kind of selfish, because my main pony OC is kind of centered around travel, but I think it could be expanded into a proper game with room for everyone, certainly not just pegasi. The idea is a group of nomad ponies who travel the world and get into kind of weird adventures, major and minor, as a result of their not staying in one place for a while. I'm trying to avoid the "gypsy" stereotype because it's becoming outdated and offensive, but I think the "traveling show"/markets/making your way without settling has a lot of merit for interpersonal CR. My initial idea is to make a new thread for each destination; say, one thread for traveling, one thread for a particular city, etc. (Anyone read Girl Genius? Remember "Master Payne's Traveling Heterodyne Show"? like that, but more variety.)

Alternately, it could be a group of pony adventurers, looking to fight crime and quell chaos across Equestria! That would be more combat-oriented, so we'd need a combat system and I'd likely need more mods, but it's another one that might be fun.

Anyway, I'm kind of attached to nomad!ponies, and I wanted to see what everyone else thought. I think technically everyone could participate at certain times; if we stop in your town, come by and say hi! Otherwise, you'd sign a character up to be part of the traveling herd.

So... opinions? Stupid? Cool? Overdone? It just kind of came to me, so I'm open to suggestions. c:

Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's my OC, so RP maybe?

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/wits-end-r904

I'm most used to meeting people through RP; not crazy at all. ;) And it seems like Wit's End would fit in wonderfully with the setting I'm working on.

like a boss

Shoot me off a PM when this is a-rollin'. And I was proud of the name, personally.
  • Brohoof 1

Is that a yes to my character?

Oh I think she could totally work out, yeah. I just haven't started putting together a proper game thread yet so accepting players officially is still on hold. XD I'm sorry I was ambiguous.

Oh I think she could totally work out, yeah. I just haven't started putting together a proper game thread yet so accepting players officially is still on hold. XD I'm sorry I was ambiguous.

Thats fine. I can help if you need me to do anything! I can't wait to start!

Is this still happening?