Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you like to travel?

J.T.

Not really. I can't afford to, and what with the events of the past year now it's even more difficult.

If I could go on a weeklong trip somewhere, maybe, but I don't like to spend extended periods away from home in general. I get homesick really easily.

• Brohoof 2

Very much so, exploring new places is one of the best things there is! :ticking: Not too big fan of air traffic or other tourists though :bea:

Been travelling only in Europe, don't feel appeal or need going any further. Why go elsewhere when there's thousands of years worth of history, art and culture virtually right behind my doorstep

• Brohoof 2

• 4 months later...
(edited)

I would if I could! I love travelling to different countries and hopefully as soon as travel opens and masks get dropped, I’ll be on the first plane to Orlando. :please:

Edited by TomDaBombMLP

I do like to visit different places/countries but I do not like the actually traveling. So far I've been around here in Europa but never left it.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I travel to see family or go to conventions or other events, but that's it. I don't really care about 'seeing the world.' I'd rather stay home.

Edited by Early Sunsets

• 5 months later...

After returning from a trip to Europe, I realized that it is necessary to be in the country more time for more complete immersion.

And not to increase the number of places visited, but just to feel the atmosphere and life of the people. And if I succeeded with Germany, it was not so easy with Italy. I like to organize my own trips, and I like to book everything in advance. This time, I had a ticket from Berlin to Rome, but the flight was canceled. This made me incredibly sad because I had a hotel booked and a trip planned. So I quickly started looking for alternatives, and the best option was to take the train https://www.oebbfahrplan.com/de/, which I did.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

I'm mixed on it honestly. I like traveling, seeing new things, trying new things. But my God, I am so sick of having to travel by car for everything. Driving for 3-5 hours is not my idea of fun. I would give up a kidney just to have affordable train transit in America. We have Amtrak sure, but it cost just as much as flying unless you're on the east coast, while being a lot slower.

No. I like to be in new places, and to explore them fully once I'm there, immersing myself in the culture and local activities - but the actual process of travelling anywhere is usually quite tiresome. I hate public transport of all kinds (planes, trains, buses, so on) and try to always avoid using any of them whenever possible. I enjoy driving, but in the UK even that can be a chore sometimes as our roads are full of pot-holes and people who can't drive properly at all. 

I took a roadtrip to the south of France this summer and driving down on the French toll roads was bliss. Straight, buttery smooth roads with almost no traffic - by far the most enjoyable long distance driving experience I've ever had.

I do like to travel whenever I get the opportunity to do so, which used to be a lot more rare than it should be back in grade school with the exception of moving a few times. Travelling to other countries that aren't nearby is a bit more of a complicated process though, so just travelling in or near this country is fine too since it is a big country.