Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Forum Band?

Flicker Sweet

Is anypony interested in starting a band specifically for the Forum? My idea is that we'd use skype to communicate. We'd record our individual parts and then they'd be sent to me. I would then use my PC to put said parts together and make them into a song! I play the bass and the bass guitar. Respond to this topic if you're interested! If there's already an official MLPForums band that I don't know about then I apologize for wasting your time.

(edited)

I don't think there is.......and why should they have a band because they just prefer receiving individual works from artists wether music or art, as long as it contributes to the forum or if it is just plain fun for everyone :3

Edited by Valiant

(edited)

I don't think feld0 would want to do this but you never know because if he did we would of heard about already...but there is ponyFM coming soon though...

Edited by Valiant

This actually doesn't seem like a bad idea and kinda fun at the same time. My problem would be not having the best recording material/knowledge (which I could see being a problem for others as well) as well a beginner's drum set and knowledge. I say just get permission from Omnipony and make sure you're allowed to do this in the first place then take it from there.

And just like what Valiant said about Pony.FM. Feld0 may only want one musical source like that.

ponyFM? wut tht?

An online radio that will play all kinds of pony-related music iirc.

This actually doesn't seem like a bad idea and kinda fun at the same time. My problem would be not having the best recording material/knowledge (which I could see being a problem for others as well) as well a beginner's drum set and knowledge. I say just get permission from Omnipony and make sure you're allowed to do this in the first place then take it from there.

And just like what Valiant said about Pony.FM. Feld0 may only want one musical source like that.

I've actually sent Feld0 a link to this thread and requested his input

Pony.fm is a music hosting site, not a radio station. :huh:

I don't really see the point in creating an official MLP Forums band, to be honest. If I was to attach an "official" moniker to it, I would want it to be a legitimately good band (no offense meant - I don't know how good any of you are - but there's more to making music than pasting recordings together). Creating decent-sounding music when the "band" cannot meet up physically for rehearsal and recording sessions is going to be quite difficult and require that every musician has access to a professional microphone at the bare minimum.

However, I must add that you don't need my permission to get a group together to make music - you only need it to hold an official title of some kind. If you guys find a way to make this work and the music that comes out of the project is both produced well on a technical level and legitimately good on a musical one, then I'd be willing to reconsider making the conglomerate the site's official band.

• Brohoof 1

Ok thx for the input Feld0! Like I said before: I think that it'd be fun to have an official band for the Forum! (even if I'm not in it)

btw: you're welcome to participate in the making of it if you want to Feld0, Mods too! And as far as the quality of the music, I can assure you that it will be quite decent since I have about 5 years of being involved with a well respected orchestra. I like to think I know a thing or two about music theory. ;)

If it's still on, I'm decent/slightly above decent at guitar.... Depends on how you look at it~

I'll try to get a sound-card soon, which lets me record straight into my PC~

Here's a really simple recording done without much practice, a gamer-headset, no amp, and using Audacity I believe... It sucks.

(It's me covering a part of 'Fear of the Dark' by Iron Maiden)