Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

-Colorado Shooting at Dark Knight Showing...-Content Warning-

Steel Matt

(edited)

Posted Image

________________________________________________________________________________________

It's tragic times like these, where I really DO wish we lived in the rated G universe of Equestria...but then we have to wake up.

Thoughts and prayers out to those effected by this tragedy.

-Warning: By clicking the below links, you are visiting CNN/Fox News. Article content may not be suitable for younger viewers.-

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t1

At least 12 dead, at least 50 injured in shooting at Colorado movie theater

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz21BBRy4of

EDIT: Due to the excess amount of posts dealing with an off topic subject about gun control, please visit the following thread to debate said subject. Thank you! http://mlpforums.com...hl__gun control

Everypony, please remember to keep on topic. The topic is: information about the incident, condolences, personal stories etc. This topic is not about gun control, the death penalty, arguments and debates.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

It is sad to hear about such events as this one, and I can not imagine the pain and suffering felt from the eye witnesses and families. But through all of this evil, there is still some hope to be found. Praise God that more were not killed, because given the situation, it could have been worse. Granted, it could have never happened in the first place. But what is important now is what we do with the time that is given to us in the present. The present is all we are guaranteed, and the future is what we make of it. I pray that those effected will find an inner strength that will help them through this difficult time.

I know everyone is shocked by this, as we all were on such events like September 11th, 2001. But we cannot forget the unity we had afterwords, because of the amazing human ability to cope and find hope in a dark world. I wish these things didn't happen, but they do. So let us join together in harmony and unison for these families, and get those effected back up on their feet. It won't be easy and there will be scars, but we can all be there for one another. I challenge everyone to come up with something positive to say to someone tomorrow! A little bit of love and kindness will go a very long way, and this is one of those times where we all need to stand together.

***Please avoid bro-hoofing this post. It just seems weird to brohoof something relating to a tragic event. Thank you!

Edited by Steel Matt

(edited)

:( That's so sad. Especially that 3 month old that got shot.

The world is a cruel place indeed. That gunman should get life sentence. :ph34r:

Edited by Swit Swat
  • Brohoof 1

I honestly think with every time soemthing like that happens, it just makes me question more about our country in general.

Prayers to the friends and family of the victims, as well as the victims themselves.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm surprised the gunman wasn't shot dead to be honest. He must have planned to give himself up thinking he was clever or something because his apartment is supposedly rigged with explosives and booby traps.

We should be thankful that only 14 people were killed, this guy could have seriously killed a lot more people than he did, considering he had an automatic weapons and rigged bombs all over the movie complex.

Edited by Hollowshield

I woke up to everyone in my house talking about that this morning, and I couldn't shake the thought from my mind. I'm totally aware of what a messed up place the world can be, but stories like this still get to me. You have to wonder what goes on in other peoples' minds sometimes.

My concern and support to everyone affected.

God's blessings on the victims and their families. What a horrible, horrible tragedy!!! :(

You may feel like no place is safe any more, but really, if you exercise your 2nd amendment right, instead of leaving it solely to the bad guys, everywhere can be safe.

I agree with this. I'm not a true fan of guns but it has become a necessity, everyone should learn how to shoot and arm themselves.

• Brohoof 5

The government lacks strict Gun laws.

It doesn't matter, people will still acquire weapons, through legal and illegal means. It is something that cannot be stopped.
  • Brohoof 1

I give my condolences to the victims shot dead, as for the gunman, it's great that he's under police custody, he'll soon rot in prison for what he had done.

• Brohoof 1

Posted Image

It's funny, because although I have to work today, some of my other family members already planned to go to the shooting range today. I am not really "big" on guns, but they are a necessary tool for defense.

(edited)

Bane's out to destroy us all.

------------------

My condolences go out to those who have been hurt by the shooting. Definitely not something you would expect to happen after watching a movie.

Edited by Devin McCourty

I woke up to everyone in my house talking about that this morning, and I couldn't shake the thought from my mind. I'm totally aware of what a messed up place the world can be, but stories like this still get to me. You have to wonder what goes on in other peoples' minds sometimes.

My concern and support to everyone affected.

I agree. I don't think any sane human being can fully understand the madness of the shooters thought process. This was all planned and calculated. He opened fire right at a gun/fight scene in the movie. According to what I heard, folks thought it was a part of the movie for the first initial seconds. Although its an inhumane and crazy act, the worst part of it is...it doesn't seem random. It seems calculated, planned, and coordinated. Once again though, thoughts to all effected physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually.

(edited)

...If I find a video link, I'll post it. But CNN just interviewed a guy named Chris at around 1pm EST. I just thought his testimony was genuine, and I want to give the guy a medal for the encouraging message at the end of the interview.

Anyone else watch that session?

Edited by Steel Matt

More guns is not the answer to guns, the answer is a government with balls!

In our country, having a gun is a NO NO! And having all the ingredients for explosives is a really hard thing to do. That and people here are not as retarded >.>

Anyway, that's why I always sit near the exists, with the least shit between me and freedom when I go somewhere. Paranoïa!

This reminds me of the last episode of through the wormhole with morgan freeman. He was talking about why evil happens. He said a college student one day got up on top of his college building and killed something like 45 students with a rifle before killing himself. He wrote a suicide note stating that he would like a autopsy done on his body. What they found was a aneurism that was pushing up against the part of the brain that induces evil. He had no prior record of killing or violence, he had never been convicted of anything and yet one day he just wastes forty students. Its a mad world indeed.

(edited)

More guns is not the answer to guns, the answer is a government with balls!

In our country, having a gun is a NO NO! And having all the ingredients for explosives is a really hard thing to do. That and people here are not as retarded >.>

Anyway, that's why I always sit near the exists, with the least shit between me and freedom when I go somewhere. Paranoïa!

You say that as if it's the guns fault that people are dead

If we outlaw everything that can be used to hurt someone... We outlaw practically everything

Also explosives aren't hard to make at all, anywhere

Edited by Hollowshield
  • Brohoof 5

That guy better rot in jail/be executed. Me and my friends almost saw that sceening at that theater last night, and it scares me to my core to know this happened only 45 minutes from my apartment. I really hope none of my friends went to that screening still, and my condolences to those who lost a loved one in this tragedy.

(edited)

That guy better rot in jail/be executed. Me and my friends almost saw that sceening at that theater last night, and it scares me to my core to know this happened only 45 minutes from my apartment. I really hope none of my friends went to that screening still, and my condolences to those who lost a loved one in this tragedy.

Well we're glad you're safe.

EDIT: Apparently this guy was 'The Joker'

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/07/20/police-14-dead-in-colorado-theater-shooting/

Edited by DeltaTangent

(edited)

Ugggg... now people are making this into a political thing.

http://www.theblaze....eater-shooting/

I don't care if it's the political left or right, if anybody uses people's deaths to further their agenda like that, it just adds insult to the salt in the already open wound.

EDIT: I'm not talking about the second amendment, I'm talking about the blame people are putting on others I.E. rush limbaugh

Edited by My little pwny
  • Brohoof 2