Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Move the Forum Rules to a more noticeable location?

Bonzy

They're fine where you currently have them, but I'd recommend also putting a sticky for them in Welcome or something.

The small text in the bottom corner is pretty easy to miss and I'm positive that most of the people who signed up here never bothered to check it.

Edited by Twilight Sparkle
  • Brohoof 3

They're fine where you currently have them, but I'd recommend also putting a sticky for them in Welcome or something.

The small text in the bottom corner is pretty easy to miss and I'm positive that most of the people who signed up here never bothered to check it.

There's a reason every single new member gets an automated welcome message with a big, clear link to the rules:

Before posting, I strongly recommend taking a moment to acquaint yourself with our rules. Don't worry - they're neither long nor complicated, but it's a good idea to be aware of them.

I know some of you might be like, "oh, automated message - must be unimportant, off to the moon with you!" but there's a reason we send it out. I don't want to clutter up too much of the forum with Read the rules!! links everywhere - I'd much rather save space on the pages for when we have truly important announcements to make.

(edited)

The problem isn't really the first time you read the rules.

It's when you need to go back and check them in the future, especially if there's an update.

Another solution would be if you edited the PM a bit so that it helps direct new members to the bottom right of the page.

Edited by Bonzy
  • Brohoof 1

I followed the link in the welcome message too. But, I mean not to be rude, but there really shouldn't be a need to give people a link into a message to avoid spamming the board. It should be in some place obvious, preferably in a sticky. This board would be perfect for it. I know it's right there in the corner and I probably should have seen it, but like a lot of people it completely slipped under my radar. It's in a tiny font in grey down in a position that is usually used for credits/powered by logos. Of course, this is your board so it's ultimately your decision, but I thought I would throw in my two cents.