Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Spike and Rainbow Dash shipping?

MallaJong1

(edited)

In another thread, I asked for Spike and Rainbow Dash fanfictions, and while many had opinions on the ship, nobody seemed to be able to give me any fanfictions. Now I'll ask on the overall opinion of a Spike and Rainbow Dash shipping. I used to love Spike and Luna, then Spike and Rarity, then Spike and Sweetie Belle, but it wasn't until I read one Spike and Rainbow fanfic (in which they did not even get together but became closer) that I realized Spike and Rainbow Dash would be absolutely perfect for each other. Sure, they would be great as drinking buddies, but what about a couple?

I've taken it upon myself to produce a RainbowSpike fanfiction piece. It is current featured on FIMfiction.net.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/46048/Spike%27s-Rainbow-Dash

This scene perfectly depicts their compatibility:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX_vsSGasnU

Edited by MallaJong1

Er, if I were to ship Spike with a pony, it'd be Applejack. I've seen a few fanart, and it doesn't seem that bad. It's kind of funny really. Remember "A dog and pony show". There was a shipping spark in that episode.

• Brohoof 1

I've never really heard of Rainbow Dash being shipped with Spike. I really don't think Spike would go well with anypony.

Also isn't it kinda ironic Rainbow Dash is being shipped with herself. :P

The fanfiction was not very long. I just read it two days ago, and I've already forgotten the name of the fanfiction. It was about Rainbow Dash helping Spike confess to Rarity, but Rainbow Dash ends up getting closer to Spike in the process.

Er, if I were to ship Spike with a pony, it'd be Applejack. I've seen a few fanart, and it doesn't seem that bad. It's kind of funny really. Remember "A dog and pony show". There was a shipping spark in that episode.

What do you mean by a Shipping Spark? What exactly happened that caused this particular spark? Unless I am misunderstanding your comment.

I've never really heard of Rainbow Dash being shipped with Spike. I really don't think Spike would go well with anypony.

Also isn't it kinda ironic Rainbow Dash is being shipped with herself. :P

I am surprised Spike and Rainbow Dash ships are not as prevalent. Doesn't it seem that their personalities are very compatible?

Remember when Spike was fantasizing about being a hero and saving Rarity? Then when he was going to kiss her, he almost kisses Applejack in reality. Stuff like that causes shipping pairs.

Remember when Spike was fantasizing about being a hero and saving Rarity? Then when he was going to kiss her, he almost kisses Applejack in reality. Stuff like that causes shipping pairs.

Ah, now I am beginning to imagine a Spike and Applejack shipping That scene was very adorable, I admit.

(edited)

I am surprised Spike and Rainbow Dash ships are not as prevalent. Doesn't it seem that their personalities are very compatible?

I don't know... I guess. Spike has a very loyal personality and RD symbolizes loyalty so you have me there. I just think cross species shippings are usually weird in my opinion. Edited by dusty soul
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

It seems Spike and Rainbow Dash shippings are ignored throughout the fanbase. But a few do try to attempt a pairing. The few fanfics I've read about Rainbow Dash and Spike are so horribly written, though.

Edited by MallaJong1

I found a RAINBOW DASH x SPIKE fanfiction after some deep searching. It would have been very hard to find if I had not met the author at a convention. Anyway, the fanfic is decently-written, but I felt it was too rushed and, once again, it just has Rainbow Dash and Spike getting closer but not actually being paired up as a couple.

http://closer-to-the-sun.deviantart.com/art/Divine-Intervention-Ch-1-291482240

No. Just no. I can absolutely not imagine Spike and Rainbow Dash as a couple. No way. Spike likes his Rarity and can't be shipped with somepony else.

I think we're forgetting the one, most important hole in this theory.

Spike has no penis. He's a reptile.

End this topic this flaw is causing small rips in the universe past Andromeda.

Make more sense, you'll kill us all!

Heh, it's funny cause I've read more fanfics were they become mortal enemies.....

But I see way more Pinkie x Spike though, but good look finding more Spike x Rainbow shipping :3

Heh, it's funny cause I've read more fanfics were they become mortal enemies.....

But I see way more Pinkie x Spike though, but good look finding more Spike x Rainbow shipping :3

It was difficult enough looking for the ONE decently written one in a bunch of shipping fictions. Which fanfics have Spike and Rainbow becoming enemies? The couch fanfic?

It was difficult enough looking for the ONE decently written one in a bunch of shipping fictions. Which fanfics have Spike and Rainbow becoming enemies? The couch fanfic?

Well I can't remember the names, the only one I remember is one about Rainbow being pretty mean with everypony, Spike took it more personally than the rest, and Rainbow was trying to get rid of him, it was pretty weird but it was kinda decent

Well I can't remember the names, the only one I remember is one about Rainbow being pretty mean with everypony, Spike took it more personally than the rest, and Rainbow was trying to get rid of him, it was pretty weird but it was kinda decent

Sounds absolutely hilarious. Rainbow Dash finally giving everypony their just desserts. Hopefully Spike kicked her butt.

• Brohoof 1

Wut?Where did you even get the idea of this shipping idea? Whats next. A marshmallow and a tree.IDK?!

Is it your resistance to inter-species shipping? Is it Spike? Is it Rainbow Dash? Or is it just shipping in general? Or is it SPIKE x RAINBOW DASH? I would really like to see more Spike and Rainbow Dash.

Or, ya know, they could do this thing called being friends and keep their relationship on that level. Like everyone else on the show does.

• 3 weeks later...

This is how I truly feel:

Finally, a RainbowSpike Fiction

"Why aren't there any Rainbow Dash and Spike shippings?"

"What are you talking about? That's just weird."

"Oh, don't even start. Weird's no longer an issue this day and age. We've already seen Fluttershy shipped with a tree, for crying out loud."

"Ah, that's right. That fanfic was pretty hot, actually."

"See what I mean? So what is it? Why do people avoid what is probably the most likely and sensible MLP shipping? I mean, their personalities are extremely similar and like-minded. They both represent the element of Loyalty. Obviously Rainbow Dash is Loyalty but it's apparent Spike fits the role."

"Well, isn't Rainbow Dash just being shipped with herself? Because Spike is the new Rainbow Dash."

"Har-har. You're hilarious. Like nobody's ever made that joke before."

"Hey, Twilight herself declared it. Matter in fact confirmed it, you know? Anyway, I don't know about depending on a Rainbow Dash and Spike fiction coming out any time soon. Others are just more interested in shipping him with the obvious ponies, like Rarity and Twilight Sparkle."

"What about Applejack and Luna? I've seen Spike shipped with these ponies. What makes them obvious? Why can't Rainbow Dash get in on some Spike action?"

"Dude, Spike and Applejack had a "ship-spark" moment in the Diamond Dogs episode. Remember that time when Spike almost kissed Applejack while he dreamt of Rarity? "Ship-Spark" moment all the way. What do you know, we have AppleSpike fanfics and fan art now. And Luna? Well, it's obvious Spike hung around and danced with her at the Royal Wedding. They got closer and, you know, stuff happened."

"That never even happened in the show! People just imagined what seemed likely, which is funny because they're just not imagining the most conspicuous ship in the entire series. Rainbow Dash and Spike are one of a kind, and their ship alone would blow everypony's minds!"

"Did you just say "everypony?"."

"Shut up. Anyway, we have to do something about the lack of Rainbow Dash and Spike fanfics. A decent fanfic needs to be produced. Something with action, drama and romance wrapped all into one! Something that will make a brony look up and shiver in Ecstacy. Something awe-inspiring and enlightening. Something that will render a brony speechless and craving more! Something beautiful and magical! Something with heart and soul! Something with friendship! Something with love! Something with madness! Something!