Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the latest pony related merchandise you bought?

Apple      Bloom

(edited)

@, eeyup, apparently it's one of the newer sets, I was really glad I was able to snag one as they seem to be a bit rare (at least in my area). I love all the figures in it, but I have to admit it was Nurse Redheart that won me over.

And I'm with you on the repeats. I'm now aiming to get a complete set of Mane 6 and CMC whilst avoiding repeats whenever possible and the planning involved is astronomical. Already got Apple Bloom who comes with AJ, and I think I'll kill two birds with one stone and get the new Flutters with Rarity. But man... I really want that set with Photo Finish and that also has a Rarity!

Now I can't claim to know more about business than a multinational corporation, but I have to question Hasbro's wisdom on this. Wouldn't they sell more sets if they all had unique characters? I can imagine many parents avoiding buying certain sets because "You've already got one of those", and certainly collectors would rather avoid repeats.

Edited by Gigapony
  • Brohoof 2

Now I can't claim to know more about business than a multinational corporation, but I have to question Hasbro's wisdom on this. Wouldn't they sell more sets if they all had unique characters? I can imagine many parents avoiding buying certain sets because "You've already got one of those", and certainly collectors would rather avoid repeats.

This exactly. From a business POV, one would think that having as much variety as possible in assembling these sets would incentivize people to "catch 'em all", as it were. Unless the repeat characters have some kind of variation (i.e., a straight-haired Pinkamena, Dashie in her Wonderbolts academy uniform, AJ with a hat [come to think of it, why don't any of her figurines include her friggin' hat?!], etc.), it really just strikes me as a bit of a waste.

When I do eventually get some of these repeat figures, I wonder what I'm going to do with them. Try to make keychains out of them? Give them away? I'm kinda stumped. :huh:

• Brohoof 1

This exactly. From a business POV, one would think that having as much variety as possible in assembling these sets would incentivize people to "catch 'em all", as it were. Unless the repeat characters have some kind of variation (i.e., a straight-haired Pinkamena, Dashie in her Wonderbolts academy uniform, AJ with a hat [come to think of it, why don't any of her figurines include her friggin' hat?!], etc.), it really just strikes me as a bit of a waste.

When I do eventually get some of these repeat figures, I wonder what I'm going to do with them. Try to make keychains out of them? Give them away? I'm kinda stumped. :huh:

OMG SO MUCH YES ON THE HAT. Don't get me wrong, I love these little figures, and they're super well-made, but they gave Granny Smith her Zimmer frame but they couldn't give AJ her hat?! And agreed on variations, some would be as simple as a repaint (such as Dashie's uniform, or maybe they can even do a version of her as Firefly).

It's odd because Hasbro's usually on the ball with this kind of stuff. If they kept all the sets unique, I'd buy ALL of them.

• Brohoof 2

I just recently got into purchasing MLP: FiM merch. I first started out with the cards and progressed from there. It was actually on my birthday back in June that I made the first glorious purchase. It was quite memorable. I recently purchased a bunch of fanmade goods from etsy.com. I love browsing through the shops there. There are some really nice things. Here is the last order I made through Amazon.com~♪ A bunch of coloring books so I can make copies and take to work for the kids. Excuse all the pink ;)

post-17693-0-73222500-1374028805_thumb.jpg

Annnnnd I bought a couple of buttons as well from an etsy seller~ This set of Elements of Harmony ponies made me smile wide. They're adorable!

post-17693-0-41408500-1374028807_thumb.jpg

I'm still waiting on the new plushies that came out and a custom made Fluttershy purse. :3

• Brohoof 3

@, eeyup, apparently it's one of the newer sets, I was really glad I was able to snag one as they seem to be a bit rare (at least in my area). I love all the figures in it, but I have to admit it was Nurse Redheart that won me over.

And I'm with you on the repeats. I'm now aiming to get a complete set of Mane 6 and CMC whilst avoiding repeats whenever possible and the planning involved is astronomical. Already got Apple Bloom who comes with AJ, and I think I'll kill two birds with one stone and get the new Flutters with Rarity. But man... I really want that set with Photo Finish and that also has a Rarity!

It's okay.  The Rarity in each pack is different.  The once coming with Fluttershy has her chopped off tail while the one with Photo Finish is normal.

(edited)

My most recent was a fan-made Pinkie Pie plush from Anime Expo 2013! I posted a picture of her on my blog. Ain't she adorable, ladies and gentlemen?

img-1660978-1-7iI0n5j.jpg

Edited by Dism
  • Brohoof 4

Took a trip to the local TRU (which is kind of threadbare, but pretty good selection of pony stuff), and picked up these motherbuckers:

img-1657688-1-pony_toys_zps100b5b08.jpg

Been on the lookout for the Cakes set, and got lucky and grabbed the last one they had, then I saw Apple Bloom and I had to have her too. These are my first real "official" pony toys (i.e. non-third-party).

Also noticed this really awesome set called the "Favourite Ponies" set, or summat to that effect, which had a BUNCH of really interesting brushables, including Vinyl Scratch and Nightmare Moon. I was very close to buying it, but decided to wait (which I hope I don't regret).

Cashier was really nice. She asked if I wanted a gift receipt, and when I said no, combined with the Pinkie Pie shirt I was wearing, she said (in a friendly tone), "Obviously you're a My Little Pony fan", I chuckled and said "What gave me away?" and she said "Just a wild guess." This exchange brought a huge smile to my face because I was always terrified of how people might react at me buying pony toys.

I keep waiting to get that cakes set it looks super adorable! I already have all the older sets except for the ewonderbolt one.

I really like the brushable Nightmare Moon I think it's pretty awesome.

I'm hoping to pick up more pony stuff when I get around to going to toysrus again.

(edited)

I bought the Doctor Whooves backpack with the sonic screwdriver at Trotcon. It was kinda funny how much people were willing to trade for the backpack.

Edited by Arretez
  • Brohoof 1

I just recently bought 2 shirts. a black one that has Chrysalis tearing through it, shes awesome! and the other has Rainbow Dash asleep and it says "keep calm and care less." 

also just this morning i pre ordered the Funko Lyra and Pinkie Pie figures! i'm only slightly disappointed that the Lyra figure is not in a sitting pose.

• Brohoof 1

I picked up the Applejack comic, I kinda hope they continue the Micro-Series with other characters so we can get more spotlight on them and hopefuly get some more officalish info on them::

1005648_684386294911906_1233323208_n.jpg

• Brohoof 3

I picked up the Applejack comic, I kinda hope they continue the Micro-Series with other characters so we can get more spotlight on them and hopefuly get some more officalish info on them::

In the back of it showed that there was going to be another issue of the Micro-Series about the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

In the back of it showed that there was going to be another issue of the Micro-Series about the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

Someone was telling me that, but it was a while back and I kinda brushed it off because I hadn't seen a source for it, thanks for the info.

I hope they decide to continue it even further, there's a lot of side characters I'd like to see more of. 

Someone was telling me that, but it was a while back and I kinda brushed it off because I hadn't seen a source for it, thanks for the info.

I hope they decide to continue it even further, there's a lot of side characters I'd like to see more of. 

There's also a Spike one one the way and a possibility or Trixie and another character I remember.  I'm getting pretty excited.

• Brohoof 1

So I'm sure this doesn't really count as "merch" per se, but I was at Safeway with my little sis when she suddenly grabbed something off one of the shelves and tossed it into the hand basket I was carrying. Looked down and saw this:

post-14546-0-13327200-1374132000_thumb.jpg

Yes, my sis was most amused...and me considerably less so. :mellow:

Was at an anime convention in Finland the past weekend and man was I disappointed... There was barely any pony-stuff there...

Now, when I say "barely", I don't mean "not at all" (luckily  :wub: )

Got these beauties from a vendor for 28€ He even gave me a slight discount 'cause of my Rainbow Dash t-shirt  :yay:  Unfortunately I was a bit late, and he was all out of Rarity's by the time I showed up. He said he sold the last one just a while ago  :(

post-10934-0-23977700-1374168767_thumb.jpg

(The wolf-Link was just awesome, so I had to get him too :D)

There was also a girl selling these stickers. At first I wasn't too excited, but they are kinda cute, even though they're drawn G1-style.

post-10934-0-88664800-1374168983_thumb.jpg

(Now I can never again let my brother, who doesn't know about me being a brony, borrow my laptop -.-')

This one wasn't exactly something I bought, but I'll just add it here for fun :P Me and my friend walked around wearing these (She had Fluttershy and I had this) She drew both this and her Fluttershy-sign.

post-10934-0-72394600-1374171063_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 4

I went to Hot Topic today and I was disappointed that they didn't have many pony stuff. But they had a few things like this filly Rainbow Dash sticker that I put on my 3DS because I'm a tool for no real reason.

post-12750-0-37287800-1374178047_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 3

I just remembered I have Hot Cash coupons from Hot Topic that I never used, and they expire today(!)

So I just used one and pre-ordered the Pinkie Pie and Lyra vinyl figures and got a nice discount on them~

But I still have two more! What do I get now?!

I just remembered I have Hot Cash coupons from Hot Topic that I never used, and they expire today(!)

So I just used one and pre-ordered the Pinkie Pie and Lyra vinyl figures and got a nice discount on them~

But I still have two more! What do I get now?!

More pony.  Simple answer.  

I'm kind of slacking in the pony merch department.  I did finally get a Barber Groomsby blind bag just for the sheer fact that he has a mustache.

• Brohoof 2

Today I bought a small Pinkie Pie plushie (the "pasta-haired" kind), but this one's not for me. This Pinkie was for my little niece, who is in town visiting, and it turns out she likes ponies too (well, she is in the target demographic, haha).

• Brohoof 2

Well, I'm pleasantly surprised. Just got my hooves on the package that apparently arrived earlier (guess it sat in the mail box all day) and opened it up expecting my Apple Family figure set, and what do I behold:

post-14546-0-41672000-1374559300_thumb.jpg

That's right. My pre-order for the Groovin' Hooves and Magic Pony Lesson sets, which said "to be shipped in August" when I placed the order, were with it.

...Not quite August yet, is it? But you know what, Ah ain't complainin' none, sugar cube.

• Brohoof 2

I bought the Celestia pinkie pie pack about 2 weekends ago. I was hosting a summer sun celebration event at a local park and I had every pony except Celestia. So I got one and Her, along with the mane 6, Night mare moon, trixie, Luna, & dj pon3 came out to the park and had fun with us ^^