Things you are into that aren't so mainstream or well-known

KakeiTheWolf

Music:

Caravan Palace

AWOLNATION

Yellowcard

Bowling For Soup

80's Music

Im also in the Boy Scouts of America, which isnt so mainstream, but has a large following.

Also I still collect legos, and I do metalworking and electronics work

• Brohoof 1

Guys, being a brony is totally mainstream over the internet, so it doesn't count

For me, I like listening to obscure instrumental stuff, most of them was from older games or traditional folk songs from various places around the world. Kinda hard to find the good ones on youtube, so I had to dig around. 4chan sometimes help.

Apparently Highlander

Adrian Paul has aged quite well in my opinion. 'Tis fitting.

I have the collectible medallions for each season box set inlaid in that shield thing you could order. Highlander is one of few non-cartoon shows I remember vividly from my childhood. Loved it.

I listen to this type of music called 'folk metal'. I know some other people who listen to it, but most of the people I tell about it have no idea what it is, so I'm assuming it's not mainstream, lol. Basically, as the name suggests, it's metal (usually thrash metal or something of the sort) combined with classic European (usually Irish) folk music. It's pretty much the best of both worlds, lol XD

To be honest, I would love it if not for the vocals.

Yeah, the vocals on a lot of those songs can be kind of harsh, as they're kind of death metal inspired. But there are a lot of softer ones too.

Example:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7D9co10Mxk&feature=related

Also, I prefer to put orange wedges in my tea instead of lemons.

I am so weird.

Edited by Driku12
  • Brohoof 2

I am quite the writer of erotic fiction. Over the last ten years I have written over a hundred smutty filthy dirty erotic stories. Several of them novel length. Now that "50 Shades of Grey" has gone mainstream, I'm actually in communication with an online e-book retailer about selling them my stories. Just as a point of pride, an agent contacted me after reading one of my stories. The e-reader erotic market is exploding right now. Hopefully we can work something out. I'm not looking to get rich, but it would be really cool to be able to say I write professionally! Another quick point. My stories are one hundred percent original situations and characters. They aren't converted Twilight fanfics, like "50 Shades" with only the names changed to prevent lawsuits!

PS. I write under the pen name Honey Moon

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 2

I'm really dig the Mitsuku chatbot. There's just something about it to me that, compared to stuff like Cleverbot, is just a lot more human. I'm really not sure what it is, either.

http://www.mitsuku.com/

if you wanna mess around with it.

Edited by Lord Bababa

Well...

I like some extreme sub genres of metal. Those can be too "brutal" for some people.

Recently, I've been learning about Linux and stuff. Not many people use that.

I play classical guitar, along with electric. Classical isn't as popular as it used to be :/

• Brohoof 1

Taking a look around my room.....

Conspiracy theories

organ music

exotic cheeses

growing hair until terminal length (trust me, most people hate that and just say hair that length should be donated)

astronomy

organic health & permaculture

folk music

international films

old/"classics" films

Lolita fashion

psychology

horses

Homestuuuuuuuuuuuuck > : D

• Brohoof 1

I have a tulpa. That's definitely not mainstream by any stretch, and I'm not sure if I want it to become mainstream.

Most people would think it's weird, psychotic or an act of the devil to have one so you got your wish lol :lol:

Saint Death and for a semi-creepy cult with ties to a whole lot of bad mojo, it's really not all that bad. Secondly, herbal remedies but that kind of spawned out of necessity more than anything else.

Most people would think it's weird, psychotic or an act of the devil to have one so you got your wish lol :lol:

Frankly, let them think what they want. At least I can talk to Dante in peace, not many people like talking to me anyway.

Lulz, let me give you a list of the artists that I listen to.

DJ SBZ

Shingo DJ/ Round Wave Crusher,

TANUKI

T2Kazuya

DJ Shimamura

Helblinde

Black Ace

Lulickma

MaidenV

Melancholia/Melanpan

LOLIPO

JAKAZiD

RoughSketch

Technorch

Speedycake

3R2... pffff, there's a few more, but these are just my favourites.

Also, I watch a lot of anime that is just rather unknown. Such as A-channel and Bamboo Blade. I never really find people that have even heard of those titles. Edited by Chiaki

Also, I watch the youtube videos of a guy named Najlvin. Well, I only watch the ones where he films his pet fox, because those videos are kind of adorable.

You watch fox videos too? :o

Anyhow, as many people may know, I like foxes, especially the red ones. Yeah, the arctic, fennec and grey foxes are awesome too, but red ones are the best of 'em all for me. I watch some videos with foxes on youtube from time to time too (Found this guy who's a furry and has a fox named RonRon). I even lurk in a forum dedicated to foxes so that I would know how to handle 'em when I get one. The sad thing is that red foxes are only bred (or so I assume after tons of research) in USA, which is a problem for me since I live in Europe and all..

The second thing that I like that is not THAT mainstream is to lurk in a certain imagebord, but rule 1 and 2 says that I cannot talk about it in public. :P

And last, but not least, I watch a show called MLP:FiM. I consider it not to be mainstream, because I have only located 3 or 5 bronies here in Lithuania all of which live in another city than me. *sigh*

Underground Rap-great stuff like:

Alyssa Marie:

(yeah, the voice is... distorted with the mic a bit, but the lyrics are cool :D)

Arduino developement platform-yeah, among similar stuff, this is rather well known, but not everypony knows it.

www.arduino.cc

Posted Image

Chicken! I LOVE CHICKEN!

Mlp... duh.

Books-hm... non-mainstream... Last thing I can think about must be the "Invisible fiends" series:

Posted Image

On my spare time I read books on cosmology - the study of the beginning and ultimate end of the Universe - Once done with my PhD I plan to return to undergrad for some more physics classes

I loved the band Washed Out and an older band named Richard Hell and the Voidoids

You watch fox videos too? :o

Anyhow, as many people may know, I like foxes, especially the red ones. Yeah, the arctic, fennec and grey foxes are awesome too, but red ones are the best of 'em all for me. I watch some videos with foxes on youtube from time to time too (Found this guy who's a furry and has a fox named RonRon). I even lurk in a forum dedicated to foxes so that I would know how to handle 'em when I get one. The sad thing is that red foxes are only bred (or so I assume after tons of research) in USA, which is a problem for me since I live in Europe and all..

The second thing that I like that is not THAT mainstream is to lurk in a certain imagebord, but rule 1 and 2 says that I cannot talk about it in public. :P

And last, but not least, I watch a show called MLP:FiM. I consider it not to be mainstream, because I have only located 3 or 5 bronies here in Lithuania all of which live in another city than me. *sigh*

Actually, the guy Najlvin actually lives in Europe. He got his pet fox when he was involved in a protest against a Czech fur farm. Red foxes are fairly common in fur farms.

Rule 1 and 2 only apply during raids. You are allowed to talk about /b/ outside of raids.

And, yeah, you would be the first Lithuanian brony I have heard of. Though, I'm not sure there is even a Lithuanian translated version aired. I mean, they just got around to getting the Finnish one up.

I play the Dragon Quest series, which really isn't that mainstream, when you think about it.

Also, I've been playing the Ys series lately, which kicks flank, but isn't that well-known. :huh:

I also grow cacti, and other succulents. I used to have a lot more than I do now, but a freak frost out of nowhere combined with some bad luck took them out before I could get them ready for winter. Lost a fairly good-sized golden barrel cactus. :(

I have the collectible medallions for each season box set inlaid in that shield thing you could order. Highlander is one of few non-cartoon shows I remember vividly from my childhood. Loved it.

Yeah, it surprised when I found out he was pushing 40 during the filming, he somehow looked younger during the later seasons. Even in The Source(2007) he doesn't look much older. Peter Wingfield wasn't so lucky though, and he's younger than Adrian.