Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

visual art I recently got into vexillology

RBDash

The past few days I've been into flags. So I made these Equestrian flags a few days ago. The first 2 are the flags, and the last 2 are animated versions of them.

The symbology of the 12 and the 5 6-pointed stars is magic, since Equestria seems like the magic capital of its world. The 3 stripes on each corner represents the three races, without putting one race on top of another.

As for the colors, I prefer the top one. And although the colors don't mean anything to me, you could think of it as the flags of the Celestial Empire and the Lunar Republic. Or, the bottom flag could be the flag of Equestria when Luna was banished, with the white being Celestias fur, the yellow her cutie mark, and the purple magic. Then the top one would be when Luna came back, with the blue being Lunas fur, the white Celestias fur, and the purple magic. Whatever floats your boat.

Yesterday I decided to redesign the US flag. Here is the gallery. I've made the blue area circular, and redesigned the star pattern into 2 circles, plus a big star in the center representing Washington D.C. or the federal government. And the flag is now in a 2:3 aspect ratio, because I prefer it over 10:19 (or any other ratio).

The first one is the flag with the thirteen stripes turned into thirteen starbursts (my favorite), the second and third has the stripes horizontal and vertical. The fourth and fifth are just extra flags, 2-striped Texas-style. Flags 6-10 are animated versions.

The second batch have a new star pattern (star pattern + a circle of stars for overflow).

The third batch are in a third star pattern (a central star, 3 rings of 6, 12, & 18, and a ring of 13 giant stars).

The fourth batch is a little different from the others. This batch completely removes the star-for-state design, instead using 13 stars, and the only stripes designs are of the simply series. Also has a ice cream cone pattern, just cause.

The fifth batch is a 51-stars design, for when the US gets a 51st state. Pattern is from the circular 51-stars US flag design on Wikipedia.

--EDIT--

Here's my hawaiian flag redesigns. Due to the UK canton, I've decided to redesign the Hawaiian flag. All of them follow the same red, white, and blue pattern, and now have a 2:3 ratio as well, because it's better. However, the blue is now a lighter blue, to represent the ocean that surrounds Hawaii.

The first flag is a simple blue background with stars in the relative sizes and positions of the main 9 Hawaiian islands.

The next 2 flags are the same as the first flag, except that there is a red and white stripe at either the top/bottom or left/right. Inspired by the awesomeness that is the Tennessee flag.

The next few flags have a few different designs. There is the paddles from the original Kingdom of Hawaii flag, the paddles with a red circular background (further inspired by Tennessee), 50 stars (representing its status as the 50th state), and 50 stars plus the paddles in the center.

The next 8 have the same symbols as the previous flags, except with 9 stripes similar to the current Hawaiian flag, representing the 9 main islands of Hawaii, like in the Kingdom of Hawaii flag. Additionally there are two versions, with horizontal and vertical stripes.

The last 2 are red, white, and blue striped flags, horizontal or vertical, however with the paddles.

The last 21 are just animated versions of these flags.

Edited by RBDash