Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bedtime Rituals?

Samurshy

So, since i am tired right now, I thought that whilst on the subject of sleep I would ask you forumites, do you have any bedtime rituals,? If so post what they are... that is if they are SFW...

Me, I can't get to sleep unless I have my radio on and tuned into a radio station, mostly the local rock station. But I have this weird deep seeded fear that one day everyone is just going to disapear off the face of the earth and I will be the only one left. So to constantly reassure myself, I have to have something on that is live and has some person talking. The host of the rock radio station, Dr. Nick, has a great voice and a great sense of humor, so that is why I tune into the local rock station.

iTunes is always playing music at a low volume. Been doing it for years, I can easily memorize a song and play it in my head while awake. I love iTunes.

I often had a problem finding a good position to sleep in. But I developed a ritual which makes me (almost) every time fall asleep immediately. I start by lying on my belly and switching the position of the head a couple of times. I mostly do this because to "stretch out" or something like that, I really don't know, it just feels good. Then I switch to lie on my left side, after that I fall asleep. I don't know why it works, bu it does. It has become sort of a ritual for me :P

tulpaforce for about 30 minutes before I go to bed every night.

Apparently this is very bad to do and can screw the whole process up.

As for a ritual i usually have music or a audio book playing.

Apparently this is very bad to do and can screw the whole process up.

As for a ritual i usually have music or a audio book playing.

Nope. I don't force into sleep, I do it before sleep.

Oh, I forgot to say that I turn my fan on before sleeping as well. The background noise helps put me to rest.

SFW WTF does that mean? Oh well I had better not post that anyway...

What I do before bed is usually a dungeoun on Wow or a battleground after that I pull the matress over me and let the darkness corrupt my thoughts...

I do random crap on the computer until 3 AM and then crash, that's for weekends and school holidays. Other times I just take a sleeping pill, then crash once more. Sometimes if I'm stupid enough, I'll get some pink lemonade and add two cups of sugar to it before bed... I have no regrets...

Usually I just get my phone, click tvtropes, and lurk around until my stamina dropped to zero.

But sometimes I got a really interesting page and I ended stay up late until three in the morning

E: Don't forget the music. It's a necessity

Edited by Dreamwalker

For me I always go to sleep playing one of my reviews.

So anyone like Nostalgia Critic, Spoony, AVGN, etc i'll leave on as I go to sleep.

I think I just prefer to have a little noise to go to sleep rather than complete silence.

I fall asleep by watching a couple of videos or shows on youtube until I feel tired or until my eyes hurt (I don't recommend watching that long xP) A good movie also helps me sleep, nothing horror or scary, just something like a family movie or comedy.

SFW WTF does that mean? Oh well I had better not post that anyway...

What I do before bed is usually a dungeoun on Wow or a battleground after that I pull the matress over me and let the darkness corrupt my thoughts...

It means safe for work. Unless you were joking, then I'm sorry I am tired. I'm quite boring, all I do is read for a little bit then spend ages trying to sleep.

It means safe for work. Unless you were joking, then I'm sorry I am tired. I'm quite boring, all I do is read for a little bit then spend ages trying to sleep.

Arent you the poster who dislikes fluttermac shipping?

reading isnt boring...

post-5326-0-75573500-1344075813.jpg

I masturbate.

Uhhhhh I definitely DON'T do that either. It doesn't help tire me out or anything...

lyingapplejack.jpg

In all seriousness, I really don't. Sometimes I fall asleep while eating, sometimes while watching tv, sometimes all cuddled up in bed, sometimes heaped out on the floor. Some days I fall asleep at 10 pm, sometimes at 4 am. Some days my contacts are left in, some days their not.

So no, I don't really have any rituals.

Edited by Twilie'Zorah

I stare at the ceiling while laying down on my bed, eventually I start to play games on my DSi till I fall asleep.

Lay in my bed with the lights out, pull out my iPod and post on various forums, or pull out my DS and play various games.

Allergy medicine and tooth brushing! I put so much effort into my teeth before bed that I actually feel a little more tired afterwards. That clean mouth feeling is heavenly!

MLPforums...you crazy! Some pretty interesting stuff so far.

My work schedule is beyond derped, often forcing me into a 30 or even 36 hour cycle, rather than 24. This means that I'm often awake for 24 hours, then (trying to) sleep for 12. I don't really have any rituals or habits that I follow to help get to sleep. However, I do have a list of things not to do before sleeping:

- Play Eve (it makes me wake up often, and/or dream about security violations, accidentally breaking expensive shit, somebody shooting at me, cramming the latest procedural changes, training the dangerously optimistic/clueless rookies, etc.)

- Study anything related to work (for same reasons as above)

- Have caffeine within 4 hours of sleeping (seriously, even a little bit will disrupt my sleep, even though I drink it every morning)