Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

"Obvious" things that took your forever to notice

Silly Lily

Don't be embarrassed or ashamed at admitting you didn't notice things. As others may have noticed things you haven't, you may have noticed things they haven't.

-

In Bridle Gossip, the first time around, I could have sworn that there was no sound effects in the forest. After mutliple watches I eventually realized that the bushes rustled and now it's almost "deafining". I went from not knowing their existence to having it be the only thing I notice.

Also, in that scene, I finally understan how Twilight's horn got joaked/joked = Rainbow touched her horn after flying through the plants. (edit: actually, after reading some replies that might not be how it happened?)

Edited by Silly Lily

Also, in that scene, I finally understan how Twilight's horn got joaked/joked = Rainbow touched her horn after flying through the plants.

The plant didn't have to touch her horn to effect her. Fluttershy's voice got deeper. How do you touch a voice? Rainbow Dash lost her sense of balance. How did the flower touch the inside of her ears? I think it was just assumed that they got their conditions just by walking through it, not by touching it to a specific part of their body.

I never noticed that nightmare moon appears in the hour glass in the first episode xD

Also, in that scene, I finally understan how Twilight's horn got joaked/joked = Rainbow touched her horn after flying through the plants.

Wait... really? I thought it was because Twilight was in the poison joke as well.

As for me, I never realized some of the obvious refrences like the Star Wars ceremony at the end of "Return to Harmony." Also, there were times Angel was on Fluttershy's Tail, and Gummy was on Pinkie's Tail in "May the Best Pet Win", but never noticed. I REALLY faceplamed after I saw that.

In The Secret of My Excess, when they visit Zecora to see what's wrong with Spike, she flips his hand, presumably to test his reflexes. This ripple goes down his arm, through his shoulders, down his other arm, and makes him slap Twi in the face. They continue the conversation like nothing happened.

Rainbow Dash wingboners. Once you become aware of this phenomenon, you can't not notice when it happens.

The frequent use of sheep bleating sound effects, often accompanied by one of the characters fainting. I didn't catch this apparent reference to fainting goats until my 2nd or 3rd watch-through.

Don't be embarrassed or ashamed at admitting you didn't notice things. As others may have noticed things you haven't, you may have noticed things they haven't.

-

In Bridle Gossip, the first time around, I could have sworn that there was no sound effects in the forest. After mutliple watches I eventually realized that the bushes rustled and now it's almost "deafining". I went from not knowing their existence to having it be the only thing I notice.

I never noticed that... I did notice derpy a few more times when she wasn't "derpy" on my second watch, also that in winter wrap up they call her Ditzy doo. And she went the wrong direction again. Yeah Im late

You mean like how someone might have just figured out that this show contains ponies after finishing season 2? Well, well then. xD

In the first episode of Season 1 i didn´t see Nightmare Moon in the hourglass. :o And Twilights cutiemark showing herself as spark and the five stars around it for her friends and the elements of harmony....

• Brohoof 1

In the first episode of Season 1 i didn´t see Nightmare Moon in the hourglass. :o

Same here, I only noticed that the third time I watched the first episode. Though, that is meant to be kinda hidden and not out in plain view, dunno if it counts as much.

• Brohoof 1

When I'm watching a normal movie, perhaps two hours long, and I watch it again a few weeks later, I think they already made a second movie because I keep saying, "Wait, that didn't happen."

1. I noticed the reason why the parasprites liked Rainbow Dash much more than the others after a few viewings of Swarm of the Century. If you watch when she gets her new pet, she is the only pony to literally kiss it. Since all the others in her cloud-house were produced by that one, it's no wonder they were so affectionate.

2. In the pilot episode, when Twilight looks at the moon and hopes it's all just an Old Pony's Tale, the 4 stars are visibly moving closer to the Moon.

3. During The Cutie Mark Chronicles, the cart with Spike's egg on it has a picture of a wingless dragon. Which explains his lack of wings.

Edited by Full Spectrum