Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Forever Young

ZomBrony

I just realized something very interesting.

I'm in college, in the midst of (hopefully) graduating. I have just a few weeks left before I'm done with school forever. I'm 20 years old, yet I don't feel like I've aged one bit. It feels like life is exactly the same for me as it's always been, which really isn't that great.

Is that weird? I've just been cooped up inside my own little world for so long I don't even realize what's happening in life.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

There are a lot of things to explore in life. I have the same thing too....like acting like a kid or imaginations. Pretty much your holding yourself back. If you open doors in your box, you can do a lot of things and know what's going on in life.

Edited by Cl0udChaser
  • Brohoof 1

I know that feeling, i think. I also feel, like nothing changed and im 22.

I still have no Job and still have to go to some sort of school, which should prepare me for a future job, if i will get on. So my life is still the same, really.

I dont remember, that i ever did one single adult thing. I still play Video Games and thats pretty much it.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, ZomBrony said:

I just realized something very interesting.

I'm in college, in the midst of (hopefully) graduating. I have just a few weeks left before I'm done with school forever. I'm 20 years old, yet I don't feel like I've aged one bit. It feels like life is exactly the same for me as it's always been, which really isn't that great.

Is that weird? I've just been cooped up inside my own little world for so long I don't even realize what's happening in life.

I'm 40. I have multiple degrees and lived a decent amount of life. I don't feel 40. I feel 20 still in many many ways. I may be more experienced, but most times I don't feel much different. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm the complete opposite. I'm 34 yet I feel like I'm 93 because of how my age issues have been plaguing me ever since I was 23. I feel old whenever something new comes out and when people bring up something that happened a long time ago, it reminds me that I am old and not getting any younger. Sometimes I wish that I could appreciate certain things but can't since they came out when I got older.

It's funny, because I felt for the longest time that I really haven't grown up and wouldn't ever be able to see the difference between an 18 year old and me. That is wrong - so wrong. I returned to college after a few years away, and the 18 year olds now feel like they're from a completely different generation. They use words I don't understand like "fam" and their sense of humor is just so different from mine.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, i remember the feeling. Sadly for me, that world has collapsed long ago, and i was forced to contend with some hard times. Still, you're at the prime of your life, you should enjoy your time to it's fullest. 

(edited)

I always felt the same age between the ages of 10 and 20; I just never really grew up. I didn't want to either because I like being young at heart. I always told myself "You've got your whole life to be an adult, but you can only be young once." I still feel this way although having a job and a life out in the world has redirected my focus whether I want it to or not. There's a lot to be said for getting out there and experiencing new things, but having a youthful attitude and disposition in the meantime isn't a bad thing either. :)

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 2

On the contrary actually. I feel like I've lived an entire life-time in this body. Over the years my personality has been warped beyond belief, caused by experiences that I prefer to never think about. I try to put the past behind me, but I can't. Where there was once a sense of naivety and genuine excitement, there now only remains an extreme lack of enthusiasm and cynicism. At times I feel like an empty bag of flesh and bones, only being powered by a primal lust for self-preservation. I just want to find the child who I used to be back then, and reclaim my joyful mind as it was then. But it seems like that child has long since been left behind.

• Brohoof 1

Oh, I thought this was a Rod Stewart thread - my bad... ;p

But... Topic at hand: My mindset has only improved. I feel as though...a lot has changed recently - and my physical age is the only thing that has moved. Tbh, I feel like I did 10 years ago in one retrospect -- also adding to that, thing(s) are different now. 

I'm 31 tomorrow and dont feel as though I've "grown up" since I even started college. Sure i've matured intellectually but emotionally I dont feel i've somehow removed and moved on from certain aspects and interests in my life. Then again due to a medical condition starting 6 years ago I have become somewhat emotionally stunted from only being able to operate at the most basic functional level but even if I didnt experience that I dont think I would be different.

I feel as though I get older but dont feel a need to remove things from my life to be more "mature".

On 4/5/2017 at 10:51 AM, Rarity the Supreme said:

On the contrary actually. I feel like I've lived an entire life-time in this body. Over the years my personality has been warped beyond belief, caused by experiences that I prefer to never think about. I try to put the past behind me, but I can't. Where there was once a sense of naivety and genuine excitement, there now only remains an extreme lack of enthusiasm and cynicism. At times I feel like an empty bag of flesh and bones, only being powered by a primal lust for self-preservation. I just want to find the child who I used to be back then, and reclaim my joyful mind as it was then. But it seems like that child has long since been left behind.

While all you guys are being very reassuring, I wanted to quote this post.

Thank you for your positive feedback and reassuring words, but still. This describes more how I feel. I've been feeling better about things since I made this thread, but the same problem still applies. I tend to think really existentially.

All I can see stemming out from now is getting a job and having to work until the day I die. :/ But I couldn't put that in the right words before.

• Brohoof 1

• 6 years later...

i_ll_catch_you__by_yakovlev_vad_dd6ge28-pre.thumb.png.7236a1ccfe927bebbd6f1638ef9ed3c2.png

I really don't think the real age matters at all, it's all about how you feel. Take care of your body and mind, and it will last long enough to outrun your true age.