Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you love most about being a brony ?

Miss Light Diamond

Well just a couple moments ago, I told my GSI in a lab course I'm in about MLP. He saw my laptop stickers that I usually cover up and asked me what they were about. I starting explaining the show in brief and why I was into it, albeit hesitantly.  :blush:

Afterwards, he said it sounded interesting and that was going to watch it online tonight.  :pinkie:

• Brohoof 1

I am very proud to be a brony. That's why I am never afraid to show anyone that I'm part of the fandom, like watching the show on TV and making fan art and videos. I just wish I had more pony stuff and that I could start talking about ponies in real life with other bronies that I know.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm not ashamed of being a Brony. Then again, I am a female -- and watching the show is not nearly as stigmatized as it is with males. Even still, my brother and one of my male cousins are Bronies as well. We enjoy talking about the show and listening to the show music albums together. I can only speak for myself, of course; and everyone's situation is different. My parents are pretty tolerating -- although I have to put up with a nonsensical joke from my dad every once in a while.

However, I will be completely honest when I say that I don't want any association with the fandom subgroups that explicitly sexualize innocent MLP characters. To put it bluntly, I can't stand it. It makes me cringe, because it feeds into this perpetuated lie that Bronies are pedophiles for watching the show. Other than this, I'm not ashamed at all.

*Edited a small typo*

Edited by RainbowJaxs16
  • Brohoof 3

, we already have a topic for positive affirmation on what you like best about being a brony and the fandom. I have merged yours with the original. 

The community, it's amazing! The people, the music, the art, and especially the heart, it's all so wonderful. I can actually be myself in the Brony fandom and not have to worry about being judged for anything. :D

From my experience, I like that I can have a discussion with other bronies concerning just about anything, and they'll be respectful and carrying on a fairly mature conversation. It's hard to find people that will behave logically, and maturely when talking about sensitive subjects, and not completely ripping your head off and calling you a f*gg*t if you disagree with them (I seriously wouldn't know I was gay if youtube comments hadn't told me I was). 
There are very few places on the internet I will openly admit I'm female, liberal and feminist, because people will harass me for it without me giving them provocation and send me comments like; Tits or GTFO, C**T, You deserve to be raped to death, etc.
With bronies, I've felt very comfortable, and even if someone disagrees with me, they're pretty respectful. 

• 3 weeks later...

I love being part of such an amazing and friendly community that is making a difference for so many people; it isn't perfect, but I doubt I'll ever know a fandom as close to perfection as the brony community is. :)

• 4 months later...

This fandom has given me a sense of security, community and belonging. I can be myself without being afraid of being judged. The community is just so friendly and welcoming, gives me a feeling that there is still good in the world.

I love so many things about being a brony. The show is wonderful and everyone I've ever talked to here has been friendly and supportive. I love the fan videos of MLP; FIM on youtube. Great Music, great guides, great theories, and wonderful animations that can make me cry or laugh hysterically :) . And I can not forget the fan art, there is so much talent here in this community that makes my kokoro go doki doki :wub: . I'm glad to be a brony.  :grin2:

The brony fanbase is among the most involved with the community type of fandoms I've been apart of. There's so much diverse projects and fanon content to see, make, discover, and participate in. It's absolutely fantastic. It's almost hard to see this fandom dying considering how widespread it is. It's definitely my favorite thing about bronies, and they're all for welcoming in with open arms as well.

Maybe the People, I used to be part of the anime fandom (I kinda still am though but not much) and the People in that community just sucked!!!

This fandom has given me more things, good friends and it also made me feel more positive.( I was very sensitive before the fandom)

Being happy, i was pretty mean spirited before i started to really get into MLP. The community for the most part is really fun i normally hide away from people fearing that either people will dog pile onto a comment i had left and attack but this community feels like the opposite instead of beating down peoples opinion we're one that likes to discuss things with everyone else.

Between the music, animation, art, memes, discussions, theorizing and the show itself there's almost always something to do or to take interest in, the only negative is the community can be a little over dramatic, over protective and over whelming to a lot of people.