Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dangerous Brony Haters

Bendy

I don't really care about Brony haters (I love and tolerate them.) like trolls on the Internet, they are near harmless, just plain ignore them. I do however care about Brony haters that go out of their way to harass people they know in real life to be Bronies though.

I do fear it's only a matter of time for some super insane Brony hater psychopath armed with a machine gun is going to storm a Bronycon in the future and then proceed to shoot and mass murder many Bronies at the Bronycon. Don't say, it won't happen, when it comes to crazy people, anything can happen. So should we be prepared for something like this?

Edited by Rush
  • Brohoof 19

Yeah um, I doubt that'll happen, and if it does there is really nothing we can do about it.

It'd be pretty disgraceful to die at a pony convention though. Can you imagine the questions? "He died, uhm, shot at a pony convention. yeah."

• Brohoof 19

Can't really show that kind mentality, y'know. Sure, there's bad people in the world but if you let the fear of what might happen affect you, than they've clearly won.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have doubts that some one will go THAT far. But sure.. I can see someone bashing another person for wearing a Brony shirt or something, like just random attacks... etc. Nothing to serious I think.

Many mass murders were carried out for senseless reasons as well as genocides of groups of people. So us Humans are quite literally capable of any sort of evil imaginable to any group (even Bronies) or person.

Edited by Rush
  • Brohoof 2

Many mass murders were carried out for senseless reasons as well as genocides of groups of people. So us Humans are quite literally capable of any sort of evil imaginable to any group or person.

I am aware of that... I am not an idiot. Its just my opinion, I don't think anything too extreme is going to happen... Well, not anytime soon anyway.

I'm sure conventions have law enforcement at the doors and around they place to aid the security if the riff-raff get too out of hoof

I hope so. But even with that security, there is still a chance that somehow the armed psychopath may sneak in and carry out the mass shooting of Bronies.

I hope so. But even with that security, there is still a chance that somehow the armed psychopath may sneak in and carry out the mass shooting of Bronies.

i think you're taking this far in your head mate, have a breather for a couple mins, I'm not saying quit panicing, but I am trying to calm you down, I understand your concern and I'm sure there a metal detectors at the doors
  • Brohoof 1

I would have to say that this could happen. Why?

Someone told me that one year at Anthrocon someone backed a fursuiter into the wall, tore his head off, banged his head into a brick wall and beat him up.

So there ARE people who could do something similar to bronies, but maybe not a machine gun. :P

As long as we have Gabe Newell along our side I boubt the haters would do anything that crazy.

To be honest they should just leave them alone, its not like they are going to achieve anything from harassing bronies.

• Brohoof 3

I'm sure conventions have law enforcement at the doors and around they place to aid the security if the riff-raff get too out of hoof

I understand your concern and I'm sure there a metal detectors at the doors

No to both. At least not at BronyCon when it was at the Meadowlands this summer. I'm glad for no metal detectors as that's too much of a hassle for the staff to worry with, especially when you have thousands of people coming, leaving, and coming back throughout the day. Having two or three police officers loitering about wouldn't be a bad idea beyond ruining the mood a little bit, but they wouldn't seem intrusive and would definitely be worth it.

It wouldn't surprise me if somebody got violent over this. People have done harm to others for lesser reasons or no reason at all. It's certainly not beyond the realm of possibility and something I thought about before going to BronyCon. Personally, I'm not worried about it. I carry a piece everywhere (though not to cons because there are rules against it) and can fight unarmed. I have no compuctions about ending somebody who wants to kill myself, my family, or anybody else. Anybody just wants to start some fisticuffs and I'm up for it too. Thought about volunteering to work at the next con, possibly as security.

Edited by Artemis

While I doubt a crazed madman would go all out and attempt to kill hundreds of bronies, physical attacks and death threats on bronies are not unheard of.

I've heard several things where bronies were injured by haters.

Probably the best way to stop this is to stand up for your brony friends when they're threatened, and basically treat it like any other type of bullying. How you carry yourself and treat others usually will determine a lot of how people treat you. Learning to defend yourself/bulking up in size also doesn't hurt when worse comes to worse.

• Brohoof 1

There is nothing to worry about dude, 99,999999999% of bronies haters are either too fat to move from their chair or too stupid to find their way out of their own home.

For what's left, it's people too afraid to show their faces in public so, we have nothing to worry about.

One thing we could have however is a brony who goes apeshit because he is from the... dark and retarded part of the fandom if you catch my drift... and becomes violent. In that case, I'm sure that true bronies will react the Rainbow Dash way... AND KICK HIM IN THE FACE!

• Brohoof 2

A MASS MURDER? I doubt it.

I mean, there are alot of very diverse conventions, and none of them (as far as I know) reported murder as a hate crime case.

But yeah It's more than likely haters will physiclly assault bronies in public. which sucks, and is wrong, and is probably illegal, but there isn't that much we can do about it : which agian really sucks.

I do fear it's only a matter of time for some super insane Brony hater psychopath armed with a machine gun is going to storm a Bronycon in the future and then proceed to shoot and mass murder many Bronies at the Bronycon. Don't say, it won't happen, when it comes to crazy people, anything can happen. So should we be prepared for something like this?

Yeah, it's possible. It's also possible that you'll die tomorrow while walking past a politician's car who has been rigged to explode. It's also possible that a massive solar flare will scorch half the planet right after I hit the "post button". Relax. If you choose to go out in public, be smart. Always have an exit strategy. But don't waste your time wondering if some random idiot is going to start gunning people down because of their taste in cartoons. Fuck's sake.
  • Brohoof 2

I don't really care about Brony haters like trolls on the Internet, they are near harmless, just plain ignore them. I do however care about Brony haters that go out of their way to harass people they know in real life to be Bronies though.

Prepare like you should always be prepared for stuff like that. Get a CHL. One or two people with a CHL at the Colorado movie theater would of done wonders. Same here. Our chances are just as high as any fandom, group, or subculture for that happening.

well you can't worry about death every second your alive, it isn't mentally or physically healthy. So why not at least die standing up for something? Besides if someones sorry ass does that at bronycon and I'm there. He's gonna get another thing coming...

Edited by Rainbow Dashey

Man, there's a lot of tension here. As far as I could tell, this started out as a fairly simple statement or question. But either way, I think it's possible because people have definitely done worse for less. There are plenty of people out there who are crazy enough to do something that stupid, but it's not terribly likely.

I could happen, but I doubt it would.

You know, there's a thing in this world called security guards and police officers. I'm sure a guy carrying a machine gun into a con would arouse some sort of suspicion, now I'm not saying it's impossible, but the chances are so slim that there's nothing to be worrried about. Physical attacks are a concern though, but the best plan of action for really anything is to just walk away, but if all else fails and the guy gets violent, give that mofo a falcon punch.

• Brohoof 1