private My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - The Seventh Element of Harmony

Alex Night

Silver Heart shuddered as she closed her book and looked towards the Everfree Forest. This probably wasn't a very good idea, I could have just read this at home...but no, I had to think reading a horror story right next to the forest it's about would be fun. I think I should eat lunch at home, this place is too creepy.

She sighed as she stood up and levitated the book into her saddlebags. While stretching her legs, Silver Heart looked around the field she was in. There was nothing out of the ordinary, no monsters, no unfathomable horrors, there were only flowers and trees. Silver heart slowly crept towards the trail back to Ponyville.

"Hi pretty pony!" shouted a voice, causing Silver Heart to fall to the ground in fright. "What are you doing out here?"

Silver Heart looked behind her to find a young filly with a dark blue coat and a sable mane. Sweet Celestia, how did she sneak up on me? I didn't see her before.

"I was reading a book, why are you out here? Do your parents know where you are?" Silver Heart asked as her heartbeat slowed back to it's normal speed.

"I'm playing games." The filly beamed.

"Oh, what are you playing?" Silver Heart smiled back to the filly, her enthusiasm was infectious.

The little fillys smile disappeared, "Well I'm not playing anything right now. None of my friends are here, will you play with me please?"

"Um... sure I can play with you, if you want.."

"Oh, thankyouthankyouthankyou Mrs. Silver Heart. Tag you're it!" The filly screamed as she ran off towards the forest.

"What? Wait, did you say my name?" Silver Heart asked as she watched the small pony run from her. Either the filly ignored her or didn't hear her as she ran off.

Silver Heart galloped after the filly. If she had been paying more attention, she would have noticed that they were both headed into the Everfree. By the time Silver Heart noticed this, the filly had ran through the bushes. Silver Heart stopped at the age of the forest. "Hey, please come back it's dangerous here. Please come back out here, there are pony-eating monsters in there. You could get really hurt." She yelled as she tried to eye the filly from where she stood.

"You have to come find me, silly filly. It wouldn't be hide and seek if I didn't hide." The filly said followed by the sound of rustling bushes leading away from Silver Heart.

Doesn't she know how dangerous this place is? I cant just leave her here, can I? No,I can't. I should get help or tell somepony at least where I'm going...but if I leave to do that she could get hurt. Those stories can't be real, there are manticores and other creatures but there aren't monsters. You can do this, you have to do this. Oh Celestia please protect us. Silver Heart sighed, closed her eyes and took her first step into the forest.

The dark forest was just as menacing as Silver Heart imagined it to be. Her heart was pounding in her chest. The trees almost seemed hostile as their branches looked as if they would sweep down and grab her. Silver Heart shivered as she scanned the trees looking for the filly. She could barely see in front of her face as she trudged through the darkness. After what felt like hours of following what she hoped was the fillys rustling through the underbrush, Silver Heart came upon a small clearing. Other than a small pond the clearing was empty, no filly in sight. After walking to the pond Silver Heart looked into the water. She would have sworn that the filly had ran here.

"Hello Silly Filly." Silver Heart jumped at the sudden voice. She looked behind her to find the dark blue filly smiling at her. "I was afraid you wouldn't follow me in here. I'm glad you did. You really needed to be in the forest today. Have fun." The smiling filly said as she slowly faded from view, as if she were a ghost. An incredibly pale Silver Heart stared at the filly or at least where the filly had stood. A scream echoed around Silver Heart and she ran away as fast as she could. It took Silver Heart several minutes to realize she was the one screaming. She tried to stop herself from screaming but couldn't. Terror coursed through her entire being as she continued running through the undergrowth of the Everfree. Finally she made it onto a path in the Forest. There weren't many paths that lead through the Everfree, so she stopped and looked around her. She wasn't sure which path this was but it was all she had to get out. Silver Heart whimpered and started walking down the road, hoping that it would lead back to Ponyville and not deeper into the forest.

Edited by SilverHeart
  • Brohoof 3

@

Ali listened to the blue Pegasus, as he suggested his ideas. This was clearly a pony who would quickly take charge if need be. Though she sometimes didn't like taking orders very well, she knew that the words he said were as true as they could be. As the blue Pegasus turned to walk back to the path, Ali followed, turning back to the group as she went.

"Come on guys, we really need to get back to the path. Don't want to be left alone now, do you?" She then turned back towards the path, and continued walking, breaking the treeline shortly, and coming to stop next to the newly found leader of the group. Looking up and down the dirt path, Ali couldn't tell the difference between the way to Ponyville, and the way deeper into the forest. Stuck between the decision, she simply turned to the Pegasus beside her, hoping to start a small conversation.

"We might want to start up a little group introduction, as I'm not sure if anyone knows anyone else's name yet. It might also increase group morale if we knew who we were grouping with, exactly." She said, cheerily. Or as cheerily as she could, under the circumstances, without sounding like Pinkie Pie's daughter's first cousin, thrice removed, or something. "What do you think, Mr....?"

• Brohoof 1

@,

Carrick's detective senses were tingling. They have been tingling for a while. He knew that somepony or something was following him or them. The words and hestiation from Alex reassured his theory. He looked around, as he didn't see anything out of the ordinary. He adjusted his fedora and became a bit more cautious to his surroundings.

Carrick wasn't usually a one who would follow some random peagsus to whoever he chooses. That seem to be a bit of a always a bad idea. However, all of this just seem all to odd. His gut told him to follow this pony. He wasn't sure how long this would be though, he wasn't sure if he was a follower. He had always been a leader. Especially in cases. Of all the few partners he had, they usually became the assistant to Carrick's work as most ponies thought of him as one of the best in the station. Still, he will follow this pony till the time comes when they part ways unless providence has other plans for him.

@@Parties like Pinkie

Carrick had remembered he had saw the pony a few times. When you're around betting places, you would hear various sports ponies and races. This pony was famous for one particular thing...winning. Though there were talks from her die hard fans that she hadn't had a cutie mark in a long while. Carrick remembered the conversation in a bar not too long ago. Now her flank has a symbol of two object formed together. Like there were in some sort of harmony. Togetherness...he wasn't sure it was entirely, but when he looked at it that's what he thought of.

Carrick reassured the whole group since Carrick wonder who or what is watching them and if they want to be killed or eaten, "Splitting up or going solo shouldn't be an option. I don't have to repeat myself on how bad this place can be. I have a feeling that something is up and I'm not sure it's kind to strangers." Carrick said.

Edited by NinjaCPU
  • Brohoof 2

As Alex went through the foliage to breach the treeline, he found himself back at the same point where he met the fiery red unicorn. He knew because of the log that was surrounded by the strange blue flowers he took note of earlier... His mind flashed back to those yellow eyes he saw in the brush. "Something IS stalking us here. No way that this was all coincidental..." Alex thought to himself. He was about to turn back to check on the others when the Pegasus with the multi-green mane came up to his left.

"We might want to start up a little group introduction, as I'm not sure if anyone knows anyone else's name yet. It might also increase group morale if we knew who we were grouping with, exactly." She said, cheerily. Or as cheerily as she could, under the circumstances, without sounding like Pinkie Pie's daughter's first cousin, thrice removed, or something. "What do you think, Mr....?"

@@Parties like Pinkie, Alex was noticing that this Pegasus was putting a sort of airy cheerfulness in her voice. "Hmmm, I feel like I recognize this Pegasus from somewhere, but I can't figure out where..." Alex mused to himself. Alex wasn't particularly looking to make friends, but it would be a good idea to know who each pony is so he wouldn't keep troubling himself describing them. Alex looked back to the road before answering her hesitation from not knowing his name. "Alex. It's Alex Night." Alex stated indifferently. Alex looked around the treeline with suspicion. "You've seen it, haven't you? The yellow eyes? There is something stalking us in secret. Although something about it is just....off. They are just watching us when they can just hit us right now. What are they waiting for?..." Alex asked the green-maned Pegasus while scanning the trees. Alex lay his eyes on an open clearing over in the direction that he was originally traveling. He faced towards the direction of where the group of ponies were and shouted out. "Hey, I suggest you get a move on now. We're sitting ducks out here and I think we have found the correct way!" Alex yelled through the treeline.

_________________________________________________________________________________

It was a quiet normal moment as the unicorn was strolling down underneath the canopies of the Everfree Forest. She had been through here many times before, but she always made sure to be cautious due to the number of dangers that live here in the Everfree. "Poison Joke, Cockatrice, TimberWolves, and not to mention the Hydra that lives in the Froggy Bottom Swamp." The unicorn thought. This unicorn had every right to stay away from this forest, but she is on an important task for Princess Celestia and it is essential to the unicorn's research on magic.

The unicorn was living in Ponyville for over 10 years and was now at the peak of her magical capability. She now serves as a magician to aid in the defense of the kingdom of Cantorlot and the town of Ponyville. "I can't believe how much time has went by since that fateful day when Nightmare Moon returned to bring 'Night Eternal' all over Equestria." The unicorn told herself. She went along the path to find the ingredients that she needed to be able to create a greater defense barrier for the castle when she noticed another unicorn all by herself. She got closer and closer to get a better look at the unicorn. She saw that this unicorn had a light silver coat with a royal blue mane. The unicorn saw that she recognized this pony and was wondering why in the name of Celestia she was here on her own.

The unicorn came to a trot to close the distance with this newly recognized pony quicker. "Hello, Silver Heart. Remember me? You helped treat Spike's stomach ache about 5 days ago after he went on an ice cream rampage." Said the unicorn.

Being a pony who wasn't much for words except stupid words (apparently! She just babbled and babbled...), she watched silently as the ivory pegasus took them a... little too seriously. Really? It was obvious it was a joke! But he appeared to realize that, though the silly other pegasus she had first met who had made the joke apologized anyway, and then the green-maned pegasus who she had spoken to before proposed they all stay together along the path, along with asking for names. Without even proposing her own! How rude. That wasn't proper etiquette. Just like stopping talking to ponies all of a sudden. In her mind, she perceived this one as impolite.

It would've seemed to her that this nameless pegasus (why were there so many pegasi?! Was there a convention in town or something? Did Cloudsdale spit them all out? She had never noticed this many in Ponyville before...) was trying to take a leadership position, and was under the impression that they were some sort of group. Except she noted that the blue pegasus stallion who had proclaimed himself Alex Night was uniting them under a most ridiculous quest... to find the distraught ivory pony's hat. Really? Hatquest? How silly! This was all that gray writer guy's fault!

@, @, @,

"Well, um... listen, I'd love to join you all in your... hat quest... but I really really need to get going. I'm much too busy... s-sorry! Hope you find it!"

And with that, the tan mare galloped off away from the group, carrying her basket and hoping she could avoid interacting with any more stranger ponies. She continued to gallop through this part of the forest that she did not recognize, knowing it was a terrible idea, but she thought maybe she could return back to the beaten path. Get away from these strangers, at least.

But being a rather out of shape and non-exercised sort, she ran out of energy relatively quickly and immediately came to a halt... before realizing that most of the glimmering flowers in her basket fell out and left a trail behind her. A trail that they could follow. Ponyfeathers! She needed to leave this area soon, or they'd catch up. Not only that, but now she'd have to pick them all over again! Bah! Just a little longer to catch her breath...

As her heart pounded vehemently within her chest, she took this opportunity to survey the surrounding area to see if she had recognized it. It was a vast clearing within the forest, with only a bit of sunlight glimmering through the leafy canopy above. No... she definitely had no idea what this place was. Must've been deeper in the forest.

Though the pace of her heart steadied, she felt a cold shiver down her spine. Something about this place made her feel... watched, exposed... a target to some lurking beasts. It was here that she could understand why most ponies feared the Everfree Forest. It could only be hoped it was exclusively within the realm of her imagination.

Within her survey, her eyes immediately fell upon an object that against the darkness of the forest stood almost pale. In the center of the clearing, as ridiculous and out of place it had seemed, there was a hat of sorts... a fedora. It must've been that hat the ivory pony had lost. Chuckling a little at how much it stood out, she carefully moved her way over to the hat, still feeling extremely tense. In this moment as she bent her neck down to pick it up with her mouth, she had known that she was most vulnerable and exposed...

• Brohoof 4

"Alright, if your fedora is truly that important to you, then I suggest we stick together. That way, we may also find the reason why we were brought here. However, I suggest we get back to the dirt road and head through it towards Ponyville. This place isn't safe to be lost inside of. Now, everypony follow my steps back to the road."

"Yesh! I need to be getting my Fedora back. It's the only reason I came down here! Stupid cold breeze... Stupid yellow eyeball dream! Ugh! Nothing is going right today... Well, I know my Fedora landed somewhere around here. It can't be too far away!"

Klopp spun his head around like a parascope in search of a topside boat, but saw no hats in his site. He was getting frustrated at the loss of his hat. How could he go on without his most valued piece of clothing? Come to think of it, it was his only piece of clothing.

@,

"You're not gonna help me find my hat? Well, I guess that's okay... you don't even know me anyways."

This tan pony who laughs at eaten fedoras walked away on her own, dropping a trail of flowers behind her. Klopp turned to the others nearby and he realized no one even knew his name! He can't go on knowing they don't know his name, so he said in a loud booming voice to make sure everyone heard, "By the way! My name is Klopp! Glad to meet all of you ponies!"

He then turned back towards where the tan pony had headed, noticing that she was heading deeper into the forest. Klopp jerked his head in her general direction and pointed his hoof towards her.

"Hey, shouldn't we follow her? She is heading the wrong way if she wants to get out of here! I've heard this place is dangerous anyways, so she shouldn't be alone. Maybe we should follow this completely conspicuous trail of flowers she has left behind."

• Brohoof 3

@

Ali listened as the blue pegasus beside her said his name, Alex Night. He then turned and shouted at the group to catch up, something Ali thought was rather unnecessary, as they were all easily within earshot of one another. Before she could speak up on her thoughts, though, she heard the galloping of hooves, followed by another shout of "My name is Klopp!"

@

"Well how do you do, Klopp?" Ali said, turning towards the white pegasus. "I'm Ali Finish." She directed her name not just towards Klopp, but broadcast it slightly so that it reached the ears of everypony around her. It was then that she noticed the tan colored unicorn wasn't with everypony else, and that Klopp was pointing in the direction she had left.

"Oh, that can't be good." She mumbled under her breath, quickly stepping towards Klopp and looking down the path he was pointing at. "Come on, we've gotta go get her." Ali said, galloping down the path, pulling the white pegasus with her.

• Brohoof 1

Fire Opal looked to everpony as they either declined or agreed to look for the pony's hat. It seemed important, and it was best if he stayed with them, and he had yet to figure out the reason for the strange encounter with the other ponies in the Everfree. He looked to the white pony, who seemed bewildered by the tragic loss, and he knew it was best to help.

"I'll help you look for your hat. It must be important if you're this worried. Was there something special about the hat?" The chances that the pony had simply lost the hat by it falling of his head, but by the look on his face, it looked like it never happened before, which evened the scaled that something else happened.

Fire Opal looked behind him towards Ponyville, assuming it would be days until he returned, but not many ponies were very well acquainted with him, so nopony would worry much. "So, anywhere specific we should go first?"

Jet Stream grimaced. He just wanted to go home at this point. Why he was so compelled to come here was sheer idiocy. Was resolving a writer's block worth risking your life over? Come to think of it, what correlation did any of this have to do with his story? His...

His story.

It was then that he realized he would never even get to write it, because he would most likely die. Due to his prior insecurity, he foolishly offered to help the Pegasus find his fedora. Did he really feel that bad? Why... Why did he even feel bad!? It was just a hat.

Jet Stream's head drooped. Then again, one could say the same about his problem. The hat obviously had some sort of value, possibly it was a family member's, or signed, or some other symbolic meaning that he didn't know of.

He then saw the tan unicorn rush off into the forest, dropping some flowers along the way. His initial reaction was to pick them up, but after watching the white Pegasus - who's name, apparently, was 'Klopp' - suddenly forget about his hat and instead about pursuing the unicorn, it baffled him a bit.

The other Pegasus who finally introduced herself as 'Ali Finish' rushed off with him. Oh, I see. We must all stick together, but OMIGAWSH A PONY WENT A-WALL, GON' LEAVE DA GROUP.

Jet stream chuckled. Genuinely, what was the point? Was there even a point in staying here? The other Pegasus, whom he now knew as Alex Night appeared to be rather confident in his leadership abilities. Should he wait for him to make a decision?

Jet Stream's head darted back and forth. Stick around, or follow them?

• Brohoof 1

"By the way! My name is Klopp! Glad to meet all of you ponies!

Alex looked to see that it was the white Pegasus with the missing hat that spoke up. He made a mental note to remember that his name was Klopp.

"Well how do you do, Klopp?" Ali said, turning towards the white pegasus. "I'm Ali Finish." She directed her name not just towards Klopp, but broadcast it slightly so that it reached the ears of everypony around her.

This time, he heard the green maned Pegasus next to him say her name, which was Ali Finish. "Ali Finish! I remember now, she is one of top flyers in the competitions here in Ponyville." Alex thought to himself.

"Well, um... listen, I'd love to join you all in your... hat quest... but I really really need to get going. I'm much too busy... s-sorry! Hope you find it!"

It was at that moment Alex saw the tan unicorn run off deeper into the forest by herself. "Wait, you don't know what is in there!" Alex called out to the tan unicorn, but it was too late as she was thorough the first brush and out of his sight. He heard Ali Finish state about the trail of flowers that the tan unicorn left behind before seeing her go off in the same direction of the trail along with Klopp. Alex couldn't believe how this all went wrong. He looked back at the red unicorn, the ice unicorn, the Earth pony with his fedora, and Jet Stream, motioning to them. "Come on, we can't let them get lost out here! Be sure to follow the flower trail if you lose sight of me." Alex told the remaining ponies as he started into a gallop after the group of ponies chasing the tan unicorn. He followed the trail of flowers as he went deeper into the forest. All of this was a bad idea to Alex, but his conscience would never let him hear the end of it if he didn't go to get them back on the dirt trail.

As Alex went to breach the treeline, he saw both Ali and Klopp stop just outside of the line. In front of them, there was a vast clearing and he saw the tan unicorn standing in the center bending down to pick up something. It was another fedora. "Well, I guess that ends the hat quest." Alex thought. Alex trotted past the two Pegasi towards the tan unicorn. He stopped in front of her trying to remain calm over her poor judgement on running off on her own. "Listen, you can't just run off like that. You don't even know the way out. This forest is too dangerous to go wandering around without company." Alex told her with a firm tone. Feeling he was coming off too strong on the unicorn, he was about to ask her name in order to show he was trying to look out for her. That was until he heard rustling from the bushes around him and looked up at the disturbances. It definitely sounded very close to where they were. Staying close to the tan unicorn, Alex turned around to face the two unicorns. "Everypony, get in the center and face towards the treeline back to back. Now!" Alex stated with a sense of urgency as he got into a ready position with wings extended looking frantically around him.

To his left, he saw a great figure appear out of the bush. Three more appeared, each from a different direction. The four of them were Minotaurs and they did not look friendly. "Well, look at what we have here, boys. Four little ponies lost in a forest." Said the Minotaur to his left. "Heheh, yeah. What exactly are you doing out here? Don't you ponies that is dangerous out here in the Everfree Forest?" Said the Minotaur to his right in a very mocking tone, especially when he emphasized the word 'ponies'. The four minotaurs proceeded to laughing as they circled around the clearing and the four ponies. Each of them was as big as they were ugly to Alex. He knew 4 ponies are not a good match against 4 Minotaurs, so he hoped that the other four ponies back in the forest followed him. "Yeah, I have noticed." Alex simply said to the Minotaurs. "I have to stall for time for the other four to get here.. Otherwise, I don't think that we will be making out of this forest." Alex said. "Say guys? I say we have a little 'playtime' session with these ponies. What do you think?" Said the first Minotaur to his right. Alex was afraid of this, so he tried to end the fight before it would start. "You sure you want to do that? I guarantee, you won't find it fun when you four get knocked for a loop." Alex state bluntly. The Minotaurs started to laugh again. "Well, well. It looks like this Pegasus has some guts, boys. I kinda like him and it almost makes me feel bad to rough him up... Almost." Said the Minotaur directly in front of him. The four of them stopped circling around and proceeded into laughter. Alex got into a more firm position and narrowed his eyes at the Minotaurs. "You have one chance and one chance only. Leave now and never bother us again." Alex said slowly and clearly to make sure that the Minotaurs knew exactly what they are asking is a big mistake. The minotaur took a bold step forward. "Oh yeah, what are you gonna do about it?" He said in a casually threatening voice.

• Brohoof 1

Fire Opal galloped after Alex Night, knowing that the tan unicorn wouldn't survive very long in the depths of the Everfree. The evil almost lingered in the very air, and there weren't many ponies that would survive the many dark creatures that lurked in the area.

They eventually arrived at a clearing, where the unicorn bent down, picking up the missing fendora. He stood at the edge, looking as Alex Night went to talk with her. He watched as Alex Night tried to engage in conversation, but the attempt was soon interrupted.

The Minotaur appeared at four different parts of the circle like clearing, mocking them, closing into the middle. Alex shouted loudly and in an urgent tone, "Everypony, get in the center and face towards the treeline back to back. Now!"

Fire Opal didn't take a moment to hesitate. He galloped to the center of the clearing and faced outwards towards the treeline and the advancing Minotaur. They began to mock them, and as Alex Night tried to trade threats, the Minotaur simply laughed and asked what they were going to do.

Glaring, anger concealed as much as possible, he said, "One more step, and you will know what we are capable of."

• Brohoof 1

Jet Stream's expression grew a bit tired. So, it would be after the tan unicorn. Genuinely speaking, he did enjoy her, considering she actually had a sense of humor. He then felt bad considering abandoning her, but he repressed those feelings. She, in a way, abandoned everyone else. Well, no, not really, considering--

Jet Stream gritted his teeth. Why must he always overthink everything!? He quickly followed, not wanting to be alone.

He lost sight of Alex Night, so instead followed the fiery pony. Eventually, he slowed as he heard voices. They... Sounded angry.

As he crept forward, he heard the fire-esque pony bark something rather threatening. Jet Stream looked toward where the threat was directed, and almost jumped out of his skin to see four large Minotaur circling Alex Night, Klopp, the unicorn with a sense of humor, and Ali Finish.

He... What...

What should he do!? He considered abandoning them. He didn't know these ponies. They didn't know him. He was rather weak, in a physical sense. There was no way he could take on four Minotaur, even if a bunch of other ponies would back him up. But... He wanted to help. He still felt attached to them for some reason.

Jet Stream whimpered. What should he do?

Edited by NastyMann
  • Brohoof 2

She had picked up the fedora in her mouth and tossed it into the basket around her neck, before the others had arrived and she could a mouthful of a lecture from the blue pegasus who believed himself leader. The mare was about to give a response back about how she had been traveling inside of this forest since before any of them had even set foot in it everyday, when an unexpected encounter made itself known.

The large and massive bipedial beasts were tremendously ugly, their grotesque bull-like faces and round nose rings offending her senses. This unicorn knew a thing or too about beasts, she appreciated and enjoyed the beauty of some such as phoenixes. But minotaurs? Not only ugly, but brutish. They even proved it in their words, which made her extremely uneasy. She backed away, vaguely listening to the pegasus' response to them, into the other pegasus who had given her the itchy coat of awkwardness once again.

@, @,

"Seems like... we do this a lot. Heh." Her voice quivered with the shakiness that pulsated through her body due to her vehemently pounding heart. She didn't want any trouble, and the urge to run off was overwhelming her once again. But she didn't want to leave this pegasus behind, as he was the only one who had had some sort of communication with her. An odd sense of attachment, something she didn't usually feel. She had that feeling towards the ivory pegasus as well. He never got his fedora back.

"I... I'm not really certain... but... but..."

A sudden idea struck her as she closed her eyes and focused her thoughts into her horn. It began to heat up with the familiar feeling of hot energy, and she gave the thoughts in her mind shape. But... with the anxiety with her, she had trouble focusing. Even with all of her conviction and energy, she couldn't make anything occur other than creating a glimmering crimson nightlight in the forest emitting from her horn. Come on! Come on! It would attract everyone's attention...

Edited by Doggess Arylett
  • Brohoof 1

@

Ali, who had been following the tan unicorn, stopped as she came upon a clearing. In the middle was a fedora, seemingly glowing from the light cast by the sun down unto it. Standing next to the fedora, about to pick it up, was the tan unicorn. It was almost story like.

@

As she was watching, Alex Night blew past her, heading straight towards the unicorn in center. They began to talk, and as they did, she saw Alex spread his wings and face the clearing. She quickly flew out to join him, wondering what he could've seen, when four Minotaurs stepped out to greet them. She landed next to Alex, turning to face the threatening, bipedal bulls, and listened as they began to speak. Alex, who apparently was trying to stall for the others, or something, humored them.

@Ali saw the other ponies from the group run up and stop at the edge of the clearing. The red unicorn ran up to join the four at the center of attention, attempting to threaten the Minotaurs. In turn, they simply asked. "What are you gonna do about it?"

Ali leaned over towards the red unicorn, keeping alert to the Minotaurs in the process. "Judging from your cutie mark, I'm guessing your magical talent is to use and control fire at will. To what extent can you control it? Think you can surround one or two to the point that they can't move?" She then began to stretch her wings, awaiting an answer.

Edited by Parties like Pinkie
  • Brohoof 1

The unicorn came to a trot to close the distance with this newly recognized pony quicker. "Hello, Silver Heart. Remember me? You helped treat Spike's stomach ache about 5 days ago after he went on an ice cream rampage." Said the unicorn.

Silver Heart flinched as she heard her name called. She looked up to see Twilight Sparkle. Of all the ponies...or things she could have run into, she was glad it was her.

"Miss Sparkle! Oh thank Celestia, you saw me." Silver Heart said as she hugged Celestias' former apprentice. "I don't really like saying this but I'm a bit lost, do you mind if I follow you until we get out of here?"

• Brohoof 1

Ice nodded as the blue pegasus stated that they should at the very least get back to the road. That it would be a lot easier to navigate anywhere if they had at least some sense of direction. It made sense rather than wandering around for hours looking for something that will only result in them getting even more lost than they already were. If they found the road, they knew at the very least that would lead out of the forest... eventually. He also mentioned that splitting up was pretty much not an option, which Ice had already figured that out. While she was a decent fighter when she needed to be due to her magic, she had no idea about everypony else. Not to mention there would be no way for her to defend herself against an insane number of enemies. There was always safety in numbers, and she wasn't going to turn down help. She was stubborn, not stupid.

She followed everypony through the road as another pegasus that had entered the clearing and traveled with them spoke up stating that everypony should introduce themselves, that if nothing else that it could boost morale. Ice didn't really see the point in it, but if it appeased her it would at least make her happy. "My name is Ice Storm, owner of Frozen Delights," she spoke as she noticed a couple of the others run off into a clearing. Apparently they found the fedora that they were looking for. she followed the blue pegasus over to them where he chastised them about running off and that this was definitely not the type of forest to be doing that in. As if almost on cue four minotaurs showed up and looked like they meant business.

Ice was impressed by the fact that everypony was standing their ground and not giving in to the beasts that most would run away from. Ice had to be honest with herself. IF she had run into them alone, she would definitely be running. That being said though, with almost everypony else ready to go, she moved right up to the front of the line. As soon as she did, the tan unicorn's horn started to glow a bright red, and Ice's began glowing in-turn as the air around her starting becoming very cold and she form the thin, protective layer of ice over her body as she always did before any kind of fight. The minotaurs were still fairly aggressive and her eyes narrowed greatly with the full intent on carrying out her up-coming threat if they didn't yield. "Back off, now. This is your final warning," she told them her eyes narrowing even more as the aura of magic started to glow brightly around her horn. With her and this other unicorn's spell she has brewing, she had a feeling that this minotaurs were in for a big surprise if they decide to actually fight them.

• Brohoof 1

Fire Opal nodded, not shifting his eyes an inch, eyes fixed on the biggest one. He could trap two, maybe even three, and he didn't feel the slightest urge to hesitate. A Minotaur can't escape magic, even with it's monstrous size.

The whitish blue unicorn shouted out her own warning, presumably thinking the same thing. Magic was a powerful weapon, and he was glad somepony else was taking the same route as him. He focused on his horn, gathering energy for the escape attempt.

The ground was set ablaze soon after, but Fire Opal had no reason to be satisfied yet. He continued to feed it, nurture it, the flames licking at the air above it. The fire formed in circles, and he focused on the one surrounding the biggest. The other flames shrunk until they disappeared, but the first one stayed burning, growing higher as it surrounded the Minotaur. Fire Opal began to feel signs of a headache, the throbbing growing slowly larger. Grimacing, he managed to speak out, the confident tone he was trying to put on not doing it's part, "Who wants to move next?"

• Brohoof 1

At the red unicorn's magical cue, Ali took off, flying straight towards the Minotaur opposite the flames. She reared her hind leg back, and using the force of her flight, swung it forward, landing a kick right in it's big round nose.

The Minotaur grimaced, and in return, drove it's arm forward, trying to knock Ali out of the sky. However, the Minotaur was big, bulky, and slow, and she was small, nimble, and fast, so Ali automatically had the upper edge, but not by much. Dodging the Minotaur's countering blow, she began to fly around and around the beast, landing kicks when she could, dodging the Minotaurs attacks when she couldn't.

"You can't hit what you can't catch!" She yelled, laughing, as she knocked the back of it's knee, throwing it ever-so-slightly off balance. She wasn't hurting the Minotaur, per say, but she was doing a good job of keeping it busy, and having a bit of fun in the process.

Glaring, anger concealed as much as possible, he said, "One more step, and you will know what we are capable of."

Alex looked with his eyes to his right, not daring to move his head, to see the red unicorn stack up next to him getting ready as well to pummel the four Minotaur should they try anything. He also noticed that Ali Finish flew next to Alex on his left flank.

Ali leaned over towards the red unicorn, keeping alert to the Minotaurs in the process. "Judging from your cutie mark, I'm guessing your magical talent is to use and control fire at will. To what extent can you control it? Think you can surround one or two to the point that they can't move?" She then began to stretch her wings, awaiting an answer.

Alex listened as Ali spoke to the red unicorn. "Good idea, using magic as damage control allowing the others to deal some hits to the Minotaur that aren't trapped..." Alex whispered to the group standing with him. Alex saw the ice unicorn, who introduced herself as Ice Storm, line alongside the fire unicorn before using her magic to encase in ice and issuing her own threat to the Minotaur. "I gotta admit, that's pretty cool." Alex thought to himself. Ahead of him along the treeline, he saw Jet Stream and Klopp were standing outside the clearing with the Minotaur unfocused on them. "We sure could use the extra help, but I guess this will have to do the job." Alex thought. Next to the two ponies however, was the tan unicorn from earlier who looked she was having trouble charging up her attack, but Alex thinking that whatever she is cooking up is big. "We can't let the Minotaur see her charging up before she is done. I just hope that it doesn't bring the whole forest down." Alex thought to himself. Alex looked on as the four Minotaur were getting anxious after seeing the new ponies arriving alongside him. The four ponies now had each direction covered ensuring that neither Minotaur could make an unexpected attack. "You heard us, pal. Leave now, or we will pound you down the ground." Alex warned the Minotaur for one last time. The Minotaur didn't budge an inch and the die was cast.

Alex nodded towards the red unicorn to give him the signal, who proceeded to encircle the biggest one in a wall of fire growing steadily. Alex could tell that doing this was weakening the fire unicorn despite trying to put on a show of confidence to the Minotaur, so the others had to move fast to take care of the other ones before his wall went out. This enraged the Minotaur as the one in front of Alex yelled out, "Crush those ponies!" Alex saw the one next to the Minotaur that yelled charge on all fours towards Alex. "Everypony, disperse and divide them!" Alex shouted before taking off to the left to avoid the Minotaur's charge. Alex did a back flip to right himself before exploding to a quick push into the side of the Minotaur sending it flying to the treeline. The Minotaur got back up after a second on the ground and attempted to make a mean right hook on Alex. Alex moved deftly to the right with his wings and flew upwards to land an uppercut with his front left hoof on the Minotaur's chin slightly dazing for a split second. Alex followed up with a donkey kick using both hooves to connect with the Minotaur's face knocking it off its hooves. Alex looked around the field to see the fire field still in place and Ali running a tornado of flying kicks on another Minotaur. It looked like she was annoying the Minotaur rather than putting real harm. "One down..." Alex said to himself.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Silver Heart flinched as she heard her name called. She looked up to see Twilight Sparkle. Of all the ponies...or things she could have run into, she was glad it was her.

"Miss Sparkle! Oh thank Celestia, you saw me." Silver Heart said as she hugged Celestia's former apprentice. "I don't really like saying this but I'm a bit lost, do you mind if I follow you until we get out of here?"

Twilight Sparkle returned the hug in kind for Silver Heart as she listened on. She looked to her with deep concern still wondering why she was out here in the first place, but she was more than happy to help her. "Don't worry, Silver. Just stick with me and I'll help you find your way out." Twilight told her with a firm disposition. She motioned to her to follow her along the dirt path. They were off in a trot towards the exit. Naturally being curious, Twilight looked to Silver Heart. "I just don't understand why in Celestia you are here in the first place. Don't you know how dangerous it is in here by yourself?" Twilight asked in a curious manner. Before she could get an answer, the two unicorns heard an explosion of fire and a fierce yell saying, "Crush those ponies!" off in the distance. "What was that?!" Twilight exclaimed. She looked around to her left and saw a pillar of smoke from inside the forest. "Come on, Silver. We need to find out if anypony is in trouble." Twilight said to Silver Heart pulling her along through the thicket towards the source of the smoke.

• Brohoof 2

Carrick followed the pony that seemed to made himself the leader of this group. However, it seemed like Ali was correct that they would find more trouble when in a group. It was a higher possibility, but from the looks of it these were the monsters that had been watching us for some time. They seem to want to have fun with Carrick and the others.

Things have escalted quickly haven't they? Carrick thought to himself as he took off his shades and placed them into his trench coat. He said nothing to the various ponies or made any remarks. He didn't feel the need to it wasn't his style in a fight anyway. His eyes slowly opened up to show his brown eyes. They showed determination. Brawler Style, that's how I've fought in the few battles I've gotten into. Carrick eyes shifted to see back to see two charged at Alex and Carrick himself(he wasn't sure too much about the others, he had peripheral vision of Alex and nothing more.) Carrick didn't have time to react to the charge, he wasn't a pony of speed, more of strenght. He held his ground, and took the blow of the mintoaur. The burning sensation of Carrick's muscle overwhelmed his whooves when he caught the minotaur's head. He struggle as the minotaur slowly pushed harder. Carrick pulled his head back and headbutted the minotaur's head.

The minotaur was caught off guard and stopped his charge. Blood streamed from the tip of Carrick's head. The detective breathed heavily as the charge took a good amount of energy out of him. His front hooves felt the impact as they already felt weak. He was lucky he had done such a move or he would of been impaled. Carrick took a deep breath and waited for the minotaur's next move. Hoping he wasn't planned a repeat attack or Carrick will be done for...

• Brohoof 2

After being dragged to the nearby clearing by Ali, spotting his Fedora, and the sudden appearance of the four large, and quite rude, Minotaurs, Klopp took a fighting stance, ready to strike at one of them when he thought the moment was right. He could have just as easily escaped on his own using his wings, but he knew only of compassion when others were in danger, so he stuck around to help if things got out of hand. And they quickly did.

Alex was taking on one Minotaur, Ali and the red pony had double-teamed on a second who was kept busy, but wasn't about to be stopped, and a third attacking another pony wearing a fedora. Not as awesome as Klopp's, of course, but he deserved some praise for good taste in headwear. This stallion had just finished a quick brawl with a minotaur, but it seemed the beast had the upper hand at the time. Before letting him get in another strike, Klopp jumped up into the air and flew to about fifty feet above the ground, then thrust himself downwards with his wings directly towards the Minotaur. Luckily the beast was too busy ready to strike the other inferior-fedora pony, allowing Klopp to dig his hoof into the creatures back with all his might, sending the beast into the ground with a crack and a thud. He only hoped it would be enough to put the Minotaur out of commission.

@@NinjaCPU,

"Ouch" was all Klopp had to say about the intense pain he had just sent through his legs, but he simply ignored it as he always does when he has a rough landing. Still standing on the Minotaurs back, he looked at the pony is the lesser-quality fedora, and he was dripping a bit of blood from his head. Klopp asked, "Hey there, buddy, are you alright there?"

Just as the pony had finished his words, the Minotaur beneath him began to stand up and throw Klopp's balance off. He flew up into the air and landed alongside the other fedora stallion, and decided that they would need to work as a team to take on the beast. "Heh, I don't think I hit him hard enough! Looks like we shall have to take him on together." The Minotaur was now clearly pissed off, he grimaced his face, looking as if he was ready to tear a mountain in half.

Edited by Misso Klopp
  • Brohoof 4

Silver Heart was trying to think of a way to explain what happened to her without sounding insane when she heard a voice boom throughout the forest. Twilight started running towards the source of the voice. Silver Heart silently thanked Celestia for the interruption and ran after Twilight.

• Brohoof 1

"Mother of Celestia..." Jet Stream whimpered. They were all so... brave.

He turned around him frantically, panicking a bit. Jet Stream, sadly, wasn't a fighter. In fact... He was rather frightened. To think they were all so brave to just engage in a heated battle...They all never even knew each other, but it was as though they had some sort of connection.

Jest Stream didn't understand it, but... wanted to. He also wanted to help, but... he had no idea. No idea whatsoever. But he had to be brave. They... They were his friends, he supposed. Sure, his cynical side questioned their motives a bit, but, if anything, they sure seemed like what you would call friends.

Jet Stream rushed into the fray, his head spinning left and right trying to comprehend the situation.

"Hey! I'm coming and--"

Something slammed against his head, as a splash of what appeared to be fireworks clouded his vision. He knew he shrieked, but he couldn't hear it... He could feel it.

Something, most likely a Minotaur had delivered a kick to his head... But he couldn't comprehend anything else, for a wave of throbbing pain ensued, causing him to sprawl onto the ground. His vision faded, as he felt himself being consumed by black.

• Brohoof 2

Ali was so busy annoying the Minotaur of her focus that she was oblivious to her surroundings. So oblivious, in fact, that the only things she could comprehend was the Minotaur itself, and the soundof the kicks she was landing: *Thmp*, *Thmp*, *Thmp*.

She could hear the sounds of other battles going on around her, but they were tuned out almost completely, being replaced with the steady beating of her legs on the Minotaur's iron-like hide: *Thmp*, *Thmp*, *Thmp*.

Eventually she got into a sort of rhythm, where the sound of the previous kick immediately signaled the start of the next. She even began to sing a song to the beat, in her head: *Thmp*, *Thmp*, *Thwack*.

Her hoof hit another object, one that had a different hardness, and sound. Curious, she turned behind her, only to see the gray, writer pegasus from before fall to the ground, screaming in pain. "Oh..." Ali managed to say, before her Minotaur decided to grasp the opportunity, and strike her while her back was turned.

The force from the Minotaur's blow sent her crashing straight to the ground, right next to her accidental tornado-kick victim. Ali grimaced in pain and flapped her wings, rising into the air again, with the intent of leading the beast away from the fallen pegasus, to avoid further harm to him.

"This day just keeps getting better, doesn't it?" She thought, as she began to lure the Minotaur away.

• Brohoof 3

Fire Opal's whole body twitched as he tried to keep of the force field, now becoming more like a fence, the size of it shrinking rapidly. Sooner or later, the Minotaur would be able to move. Fire Opal's legs gave way, his horn flickering, the small field a few inches high, before it disappeared completely.

Fire Opal lay on the ground, rolling and groaning. His head pounded furiously, his entire mind set on the continuous sound of the throbbing. *Thmp* *Thmp* *Thmp* *Thmp* *Thmp* *Thwack*. A few seconds of the sound made him realize it wasn't him making the sound, rather somepony else. Painfully moving his head, he watched as Ali dumbly watched Jet Stream fall to the ground as a Minotaur clobbered her.

Putting his bag back in a resting position, he found himself looking into the eyes of an angry Minotaur, the red eyes staring at him, striking fear into Fire's body. No magic left, he simply lay there, awaiting his fate. Lying there, he heard the Minotaur whisper, "Goodnight, little pony."

Edited by Luna Opal
  • Brohoof 1