Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Equestria Divided (Grimdark)

GreyScholar

Actually one of them is already taken care of, whether it's Zaquiop's character or another character by the name of Mythos Gray. Part of the purpose of the six gifted is to be lesser antaganists for members to have their characters fight before eventually facing of against the Six. Perhaps even have them mixed so the battles are not as straight forward, though there will be pleny of other things to do between such battles. Like meeting up, interacting with there own faction and the members of their faction.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

Ok sounds good. I was also going to add a bit more backstory for my oc and was going to make another oc alltogether. I'll let you know when im done. It might be a while.

I forgot to ask you. How many more people did you want to join until we can start this roleplay?

Well to be honest some of the six gifted are similar to one another. Like musician and composer and pratically the same thing. They both make music. Unless u had someother kind of composer in mind.

Also i was think we can probably start it when ur ready. We can probably just have the Roleplay as open. I think we can ahve one or two join in a bit late. But first we would have to contact everyone and make sure they are still gonna do this. It has been a long time. And to be honest again... I thought this thing died. Not cuz you were absent but because no one posted. I was waitin' for either you or someone else to post... no one did.

Hmm perhaps, the idea I was going off of is that just because the composer knows the instruments being used when she composes music does not mean she knows how to actually play the instruments per say and just because the musician can play doesn't mean they can compose. We can combine them though.

We need to get people that we can rely on to be on and help this to grow... not even sure if I can be such.

I kinda agree with anonbrony, we should start soon but when your ready. All we really need is like 3 or 4 deadicated roleplayers to get this thing started. I think we should see who still wants to do this.

I tend to notice that when their are alot of roleplayers in the same roleplay;like 8 or 9, it tends to get confusing and hard to follow because everyones doing their own thing, and the story gets nowhere.

Edited by discorded

I'm in it to win it, more than willing to stick around until this thing starts up in full. I am rather interested, and up till now, I was starting to worry it died, but now I'm assured of quite the opposite. Anyways, I'm in.

Also, what's the verdict on Stryder in general? Is he good enough to be in regardless of his position? Or are there fundamental things that I need to change?

Applying for the roleplay! This... looks... AWESOME.

Note: I intend (at least in my head) for him to lead a semi-desert/mountainous people as of yet not affiliated with any of the major six forces currently set down. I would like him to start out as independent, so that each factions can develop its relationship rather than simply filling it in with the possibility of uncorrect background/relations.

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/sand-ironhoof-r1931

Applying for the roleplay! This... looks... AWESOME. Note: I intend (at least in my head) for him to lead a semi-desert/mountainous people as of yet not affiliated with any of the major six forces currently set down. I would like him to start out as independent, so that each factions can develop its relationship rather than simply filling it in with the possibility of uncorrect background/relations. http://mlpforums.com...-ironhoof-r1931

You're definitely going to have to edit that bio a bit if you're going to join this RP. It's the simple truth. For instance, he is an alicorn, and if that isn't OP I don't know what is. Secondly, you never told us what your OC's special talent is.

I don't want to pretend to be Equestrian Scholar and run this forum, but I highly doubt your OC is gonna get in like that.

So am I still in or are you not going to edit Dogmatic? I'm pretty sure I ca use him as is though. Filling in any blanks as I go.

I think your still in. The guy has just been busy. Idk if the RP gonna start anytime soon. We'll i see i supose.

Note: I intend (at least in my head) for him to lead a semi-desert/mountainous people as of yet not affiliated with any of the major six forces currently set down. I would like him to start out as independent, so that each factions can develop its relationship rather than simply filling it in with the possibility of uncorrect background/relations.

http://mlpforums.com...-ironhoof-r1931

Well i think Your OC is pretty good. Though I'm not the guy to approve of it. The only problem i see here is that here an alicorn. Not sure if Scholar wants alicorns. Hopefully thats not too much of a hassle. I would approve of it though.

http://mlpforums.com...-ironhoof-r1931

I apologize, your bio is very well done and I did enjoy reading it but he can neither be an alicorn nor have his own desert kingdom. This is for a number of reasons, particularly because of the setting. Twilight would not allow a kingdom with an alicorn to exist without doing something about it. There would also be the question how when had such a kingdom appeared and how would your pony be an alicorn if the only ones in known existence are Celestia and Luna, with Cadance the only know lesser example.

I can allow an alicorn, but only if it is well explained, the how and why they are an alicorn is shown, and the question of placing them into the setting is answered. There has to date only been one case I have been completely pleased with an alicorn OC and that is Nix of Past Sins.

So am I still in or are you not going to edit Dogmatic? I'm pretty sure I cause him as is though. Filling in any blanks as I go.

Your in and I still plan to help you edit Dogmatic, I apologize for not getting on that Half-Note, sighs. Edited by EquestrianScholar

The request of the kingdom is superficial. It is not neccesary for me, just something I would like to have. In this case that I cannot, he reverts simply to be a wanderer.

I can easily edit the bio to include a comprehensive story of how he came to be if neccesary, but it is sort of the point that HE would not know this. Aswell, I was aware of their rarity, and I searched the listed character sheets beforehand. Considering the effort I put into the sheet, I would like for you to suggest some edits that can make it work rather than shelfing it.

Zaquiop: It was in the 'other' section, labeled: Special Power

Also: New link cause I can't get the other to work: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/sand-ironhoof-r1931

Edited by Higurashi

The request of the kingdom is superficial. It is not neccesary for me, just something I would like to have. In this case that I cannot, he reverts simply to be a wanderer.

I can easily edit the bio to include a comprehensive story of how he came to be if neccesary, but it is sort of the point that HE would not know this. Aswell, I was aware of their rarity, and I searched the listed character sheets beforehand. Considering the effort I put into the sheet, I would like for you to suggest some edits that can make it work rather than shelfing it.

Zaquiop: It was in the 'other' section, labeled: Special Power

Also: New link cause I can't get the other to work: http://mlpforums.com...-ironhoof-r1931

Well I have a question... why does he need to be an alicorn? Especially since you yourself have said he is no more powerful then a unicorn can be.

That one is actually a bit selfish on my part. I would like to be a major contributer to the story. It is also because by your own words there is only one other. I played down his powers because of the "I'ma firin mah magik lazah" syndrome that tends to be associated with Alicorns. It is also significant in that I intended his to be an extremely diluted bloodline where Alicorn-ship is more of a fluke than anything else. Like being a red-head but rarer. (Plus it simply fitted the whole 'wanderer/outcast' thing. It is yet another reason for him to isolate himself by current standards.)

His cutiemark should be something he has regardless of whatever RP he might be in. A special talent isn't something that chamges based on the scenario. And also, I suggest you find a way to make him not an alicorn, because, if you think about it, in this RP the entire situation is based on ponies getting upset with alicorns. Would it not make sense that they would have gone through great trouble to rid the world of alicorns?

That one is actually a bit selfish on my part. I would like to be a major contributer to the story. It is also because by your own words there is only one other. I played down his powers because of the "I'ma firin mah magik lazah" syndrome that tends to be associated with Alicorns. It is also significant in that I intended his to be an extremely diluted bloodline where Alicorn-ship is more of a fluke than anything else. Like being a red-head but rarer. (Plus it simply fitted the whole 'wanderer/outcast' thing. It is yet another reason for him to isolate himself by current standards.)

Zaquiop gives a point I was going to give. Though in my case I was going to say sure, be an alicorn, but I will warn if that if the six factions find out about your character, especially that he is an alicorn... his life will become more complicated. Take Twilight and the House Moon and Star, if they find out he is an alicorn Twilight will call on her house to capture him because of her wish to be like her mentor and her perhaps thinking he might be a messenger of the sisters (since she believes they are alive and well, having 'faith' the sisters will return). What she could do to your character is many fold, and once finding out Ironhoof is not sent by the princess or that he doesn't even know she will probably experiment on him to see if she can use him to become an alicorn herself.

That is only what Twilight would do, it is possible the other houses would gain and interest in him or even 'normal' ponies who might attack him. In a setting such as this being an alicorn is... well dangerous. You would most likely have to have him hide that he is an alcorn from all those he meets until he knows he can trust them.

His cutiemark should be something he has regardless of whatever RP he might be in. A special talent isn't something that changes based on the scenario. And also, I suggest you find a way to make him not an alicorn, because, if you think about it, in this RP the entire situation is based on ponies getting upset with alicorns. Would it not make sense that they would have gone through great trouble to rid the world of alicorns?

Zaq: It is his cutie-mark. Its what he does. He travels, he survives in harsh environments. I resist the urge to be rude, but read my sheet completely if you intend to make suggestions. His special talent is always the same. I simply have it separately marked for this role-play.

Eque.Schol.: That is again the intended point. The character is naturally isolationist, meaning he does not come into contact with others often and is always on the move. I personally think the interest each of the houses (and random ponies) would have should news come to their attention only enriches the plot.

Please keep calm, I feel you are getting frustrated. Yes I did read that part but part of roleplaying is actually having yoru character meet others. I was simply warning you that he should not reveal his race, and that he should be careful. I know it might not needed to be said but I wish to make sure of such things.

Why would you isolate the special talent from the cutiemark? It only implies that you plan on changing it from RP to RP. I'm sorry if I'm frustrating you, but I just think you shouldn't have seperated your special talent and cutiemark like that.

I'm pretty interested in being involved in this. I have a feeling you'll find my character's bio inadequate, however.

I was originally going to have Descant participate, but I've changed my mind. Descant's more of my Ponysona. Rag and Tag would fit much more nicely in with this RP. And considering their backstory hasn't quite been established yet, the opportunity is perfect. I can make them fit easily. Take a look right here to see them.

Right, I think Rag and Tag would likely go for either House Everfree or the Cult of Laughter. House Whitegold would be a less likely option, along with one of the rebel cities being a possibility. But I can easily say that they have a grudge against House Earthborn, and are not at all interested in being involved with Houses Stormwing or Moon and Star, due to the societal and class differences those classes impose. My story for Rag and Tag is that they were, along with their close friend Descant (prior to the start of the RP), trying to stay out of the war that was just in its starting stages, and managing to survive the flooding of Old Ponyville. This is where the path splits, as I'm not sure where I want to take them.

If they should end up joining House Everfree, they will have made their way to one of the Refugee camps near the edge of the Everfree Forest. Unfortunately, after about a month of their arrival, House Earthborn raids the refugee camp they are staying at, and Descant and the Twins are taken as POW's, for some unfathomable reason. Before they even arrived at the POW camp, which was on a mountain due north of Dodge Junction, Descant's horn was broken. After about a week of being held in the camp, it is raided by a group of Pegasi. Rag and Tag were never quite sure which faction the Pegasi belonged to, as they had been caught up in the confusion. The raid was deadly, and even though the trio escaped, Descant (who was still weakened by the loss of his horn) didn't make it far. The Twins, wracked with grief, and lightly wounded themselves, fled northward into the Everfree Forest, where they were quite sure neither the Earthborn nor the pegasi raiders would pursue. Inside the forest, their wounds are tended to by a group of House Everfree, who recognized them having been at the Refugee Camp.

It's a similar situation, should they end up joining one of the other factions, but instead they would be traveling with a small group of Ponyville survivors southeast towards Manehattan and Descant's hometown of Baltimare, where the group hopes to find refuge with family there. Similarly, their group is attacked (On the northern edge of Whitetail Forest) by Earthborn. The story progresses similarly from there, except the POW Camp is on a mountain due west of Fillydelphia, and south of the future site of New Ponyville. When the pegasi are raiding, the trio flees south-southwest, and again, Descant succumbs to the void. The Twins barely make it, where they are picked up by a group of ponies who live in the undercity of Manehattan. From there, they join one side or the other.

Personally, I think Everfree is the most likely of these paths, if mostly because nopony is officially signed up for House Everfree yet. Thoughts?

Edited by Descant

Was this forgotten? Sure feels like it was. Which is disappointing because I'm not done trying to make you all bend to my will > :D

I sure hope it hasn't been forgotten. I must say, this RP is easily one of the most interesting I've seen. Like, ever.