Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hello, Bronies. I need a bit of help, if you don't mind.

hylianzero

My anniversary is coming up and, sadly, I lost my job recently so I'm not going to be able to do much for the love of my life for our four year mark.

Shes a MLP fan, not of the highest caliber but enough that I know she'll love this idea, so I'm going to be making her her own little pony by hand. I made her a stuffed animal for her birthday last year and she adored it and she asked for the pony for her birthday this year but I didnt have a chance to make it. The pony, who is female, is going to have splotched blue skin (fur/hide?) that has sparkles woven into it like the night sky. Her mane and tail are both going to be made of a similar fabric, only its shades of pink instead of blue.

What I need from the Bronies is this: I need a name and a cutie mark design. I know nothing about MLP, so i figured the experts would be a good place to start.

• Brohoof 4

That's really sweet of you to do something like that for her, even after your job loss (I wish the best for you, by the way). Could you give us a rough drawing (it doesn't have to be good or anything) just to get the general idea of what it looks like so that we can name and cutie mark it? Or, you could use generalzoi's pony creator, which is this. Hope we can help!

Those wings will probably be very hard to make properly, but it definitely looks awesome - I'm not too sure about a cutie mark, though, since it's really a combination of aesthetics and personality, so even if it looks good it's not sure it would fit, especially with an unnamed OC.

As far as a name goes, I'm thinking of Bluesy. But for the cutie mark, we kinda need to know something about her personality. A cutie mark is a symbol for a "special talent," which can be anything like a hobby or ability. I wouldn't feel right just giving a cutie mark to somepony without knowing who they were. :P

She always says that the defining characteristic of her life is that shes a student. Shes currently studying to be a Forensic Psychologist. So, maybe something with this in it?

That in itself might make a good cutie mark, really. It's decorative enough, but maybe the black would be a little hard to see on such a dark background... you could try just decorating it randomly in photoshop or something and get something that looks nice like that. :P Edited by Shaoni

If I were you I’d make her cutie mark something that is somehow special to you or her. Make it related to an activity you guys do together, or something she is particularly good at.

Edited by Flying Whales
  • Brohoof 1

This video should help with that.

Also, I like that symbol you posted. You could make it in silver. :)

As for the name, I think Carla is a little too plain for a majestic pony like that... why don't you find a psychological term and... simplify it? Make it sound cute and clever.

Firstly this is an awesome idea, and I have no doubt she'll love it. Anyway, I kinda like the name Speckel for some reason. It just has a ring to it. Good luck making it.

I was actually planning on making the Cutie Mark out of some elft over silver fabric from the last project! And I chose Carla because her favorite Psychologic is Carl Jung, but looking at terminology is a fantastic idea.

Also, I seen that video earlier with the printer. I don't have one, sadly. I'm actually drawing all of my patterns by hand for this because of it :(

I was actually planning on making the Cutie Mark out of some elft over silver fabric from the last project! And I chose Carla because her favorite Psychologic is Carl Jung, but looking at terminology is a fantastic idea.

Also, I seen that video earlier with the printer. I don't have one, sadly. I'm actually drawing all of my patterns by hand for this because of it :(

Do you know how to use embroidery? Also, for a name idea. Carla means literally Free Woman, so perhaps something like Freeborn or perhaps something related to night would fit better because of her color scheme. Perhaps Midnight Shimmer?

Do you know how to use embroidery? Also, for a name idea. Carla means literally Free Woman, so perhaps something like Freeborn or perhaps something related to night would fit better because of her color scheme. Perhaps Midnight Shimmer?

Oh, oh! I like Midnight Shimmer! :D

But that's just a thought. :3

Midnight shimmer sounds nice, actually. I've been toying with words...

Carla

Sunset

Anima

Shadow

Those are the words that I've been toying with, all psychology related.

Sunset Anima sounds decent, but so does Shadow Anima. Anima Carla has a decent ring to it.

And, sadly, I know nothing about embroidery. I'm going to youtube it right now.

D'aaaw.....she's a lucky girl to have such a nice and thoughtful guy like you! :3

I would suggest that the pony's name be Sparklewings. :) For her cutie mark, maybe add a sparkly star, a heart with sparkles, or maybe even a magic wand with sparkles! Either way, I'm sure she'll love it.

I wish you happiness on your anniversary, and that she enjoys the lovely gift your making her!

And, sadly, I know nothing about embroidery. I'm going to youtube it right now.

Well, a few other options are paint pens (make sure that they're for cloth and are opaque. Be warned, the opaque ones aren't the cheapest things in the world.), or felt appliqués. The sparkles woven in sounds a bit ambitious, so a transparent silver paint pen might be better suited for the job than weaving.

Edited by Amber Sands

Aww, thanks Butterfly. And apparently I've posted enough to be a Muffin now.

Hmm.... these eyes are going to be tough. I don't have much more cash to spend, so the pens might be out... I do have some felt swares left though, maybe that'll work.

Well, a few other options are paint pens (make sure that they're for cloth and are opaque. Be warned, the opaque ones aren't the cheapest things in the world.), or felt appliqués. The sparkles woven in sounds a bit ambitious, so a transparent silver paint pen might be better suited for the job than weaving.

Oh, the sparkles are already IN the fabric. No worries!

Hmm...

-3-

Imma go out on a limb and say that you sir need to think about a better name. Pony names aren't supposed to sound like a humans would at all. so here's a list I compiled in the 5 seconds I was staring at that pony pic:

Starry Night

Glide Out

Sweet Melody

Shimmer Shine

Those are the names. As for cutie marks I got nothin for ya'.

Anyways, I wish you luck.

*gives you a thumbs up*

Wow thats really nice of you to do for her! It sounds like quite the task so good luck!

Sadly I don't really have any art OR naming experience...

The best name I could've thought of on my own is Glitterwing and well... I'm pretty sure we can all atleast agree you proably shouldn't be taking naming advice from me.

Much less art advice.

Anyways I can offer moral support so good luck!!! Hope she loves it :D

I love that you're doing this, it's pretty awesome that you're so devoted that you went and signed up on an MLP forum to get advice on something you don't really know(?). Props to ya.

Sadly, I can't really help because I can't sew/embroider for shiznat. Good luck though!