Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Wii U Launch Info

Radiance64

Source: http://ign.com/articles/2012/09/13/wii-u-preview-event

Nintendo had their Nintendo Direct conference today, and they finally revealed the launch details for Wii U:

-Release date: November 18th, 2012

-Price: 2 models, Basic and Deluxe. Basic will go for $299.99 and comes with the console, Gamepad, HDMI cables, AC adapter, and sensor bar, with 8 GB of internal storage. Deluxe will go for $349.99 and come with all of the above, plus a charging cradle for the Gamepad and stand for the console, along with the game Nintendo Land, and 32 GB of internal storage.

Games were announced too of course, like Bayonetta 2 and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate(hell yes), and Black Ops 2 was finally fully confirmed for the system, among other things, mostly 'launch window' stuff.

So yeah, the info's out now for those who want it. I wasn't fully convinced on the console before, but I think it's looking to be a good launch for the most part. Are you going to get a Wii U?

Edited by (\SBB64/)
  • Brohoof 10

i'll probably give it a year for the price to go down and until all the Zelda, Mario, Starfox, Metroid and Donkey Kong titles also i'm hoping they follow though with the starfox/mertoid crossover, also for Zombieu... meh

Edited by PonyEcho

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Posted Image

at first I was like "Oh the WiiU... I probably won't get it." Then I read the prices and I was like "Yah, i seriously doubt I'm going to get it." then I saw that they are going to release a Monster Hunter for it and then I flipped shit.

I'm getting the WiiU just for that game.

• Brohoof 6

Posted Image

at first I was like "Oh the WiiU... I probably won't get it." Then I read the prices and I was like "Yah, i seriously doubt I'm going to get it." then I saw that they are going to release a Monster Hunter for it and then I flipped shit.

I know right? I was waiting for a good RPG to get announced for the system(especially MH), and it looks like we're getting it. I believe it's just an HD console version of 3G for 3DS(which is also coming), but I'm just glad that game was finally confirmed for NA. Should be a March release: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/13/monster-hunter-3g-will-come-to-wii-u
  • Brohoof 1

Posted Image

That image is exactly how I feel about it too! XD Monster Hunter is one of the best game series ever. :D

It's just too bad it isn't very popular over here. :(

• Brohoof 2

Yeah I plan on getting a Wii U but I think I'll wait till the price goes down. I don't have enough money to buy that. I can't wait for SSB4 (if they make it) and Pikmin 3. I might get Monster Hunter 3, I've never played a monster hunter game but they look really cool.

Edited by Jalaton

Games were announced too of course, like Bayonetta 2 and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate(hell yes), and Black Ops 2 was finally fully confirmed for the system, among other things, mostly 'launch window' stuff.

Black Ops 2 was finally fully confirmed for the system, among other things, mostly 'launch window' stuff.

Black Ops 2 was finally fully confirmed for the system

Black Ops 2

Posted Image

"Luke, Call of Duty is going to be on a Nintendo console."

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

*sniff* I am dissapoint, Nintendo. I am dissapoint. *sniff*

• Brohoof 2

It's just too bad it isn't very popular over here. :(

No, it's popular here, just not popular enough.

I've never played a monster hunter game but they look really cool.

Monster Hunter probably has the BEST pve combat of any game in existence. Monster Hunter Tri's multiplayer was balls to the walls awesome so hopefully they continue with that.

MONSTER HUNTER

Posted Image

• Brohoof 4

I'm only going to buy the Wii U because of Super Smash Bros... That was the only reason I bought the Wii anyway, so yeah :|

I still love Nintendo though! And I've got my hopes up for it!

I'll for sure get it at some point in time, I've always loved Nintendo, so this is a for sure thing, can't wait until they have more Mario games, plus LoZ and stuff like that.

• Brohoof 1

Awesome! Thanks for posting! I'll definitely be getting one, but I'm not sure when. Pikmin 3 & New Super Mario Bros. U look awesome... but I'm still waiting for Smash Bros. 4, 3D Mario, Zelda, and whatever Retro Studios is making. The Wii U is going to be awesome!

Posted Image

"Luke, Call of Duty is going to be on a Nintendo console."

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

*sniff* I am dissapoint, Nintendo. I am dissapoint. *sniff*

CoD has been on Nintendo consoles since the Gamecube, actually. I was wondering if Treyarch was gonna go Wii or Wii U with BO2, and it looks like they're going Wii U, which I suppose they're better off doing(hope it supports Wiimote controls though). :huh:

I know I'll get one eventually for games like Assassin's Creed 3 and first party games like Metroid, Smash Bros, and Zelda, but I'm not sure if I want to get it at launch or not. It depends on if I can find another job before then and availability. However, I am a big Nintendo fan and will definitely get the black premium version.

Edited by Slendermane

Wii U looks awesome! Seriously, Wii U looks like it is going to have the best console launch line up ever. Day one we are getting Mario, Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, Mass Effect, Rayman, Just Dance, Fifa, Madden, and more. if things go right, Wii U will be our generation's SNES!

• Brohoof 5

Woah, seriously!? I thought it was going to be priced SO much higher, especially with the controller! I might wait a bit though until the titles get a bit better. The 3ds kind of burned my hand, but hopefully luigi's mansion dark moon is going to be worth the wait.

CoD has been on Nintendo consoles since the Gamecube, actually. I was wondering if Treyarch was gonna go Wii or Wii U with BO2, and it looks like they're going Wii U, which I suppose they're better off doing(hope it supports Wiimote controls though). :huh:

That is true, however, the CoD games that I hold a grudge against are games like Modern Warfare, World at War, Black Ops, etc, and most people who play them (or at least the way I see it) don't know the Nintendo versions even exist. And they just don't seem very original to me. It is also true that Black Ops 2 is supposed to have that futuristic setting, new weapons, etc, but in the end it still reminds me very much of the other installments in the franchise.

Also, when you're a die-hard Nintendo fan and you can't get by one day of school without hearing "U LIKE NINTENDO? DURR HURR, NINTENDO ISH 4 LOSERZ. COD IS 4 PEPZ WIT A GOOD TASTE IN G4MES, DURR HURR" You start to hate even hearing the names of the games. Not to mention the first Call of Duty game originally appeared on a Nintendo console!

Edited by YeahManWAZZAP

Just a couple of weeks and I'll be pre-ordering the deluxe Wii U, so yeah, I'll be getting it lol Can't wait for SSB4 and whatever LoZ game comes out next. Monster Hunter I'm obviously stoked for. When I heard Bayonetta 2 was going to be Wii U exclusive, I just knew Microsoft and Sony fanboys would get butthurt. X Play updated about that on their facebook page and guess what? I was right. Majority of the comments were Nintendo bashers.

• Brohoof 1

I'm definitely hype. I cannot think of all the things I've thought about over the past 15~ months about what I love, hate, and would love to see on the new console. Words cannot express what I'm feeling right now. This is the beginning of a new revolution, the beginning of a fresh new console generation.

First off, I love, and I mean LOVE the controllers and accessories. I think I might have to get myself the big boy bundle. The launch window is meh to me, but there will be tons more of epic games in the future. I wonder how the uniqueness of having the Game Pad will affect third party titles and the Sony and Microsoft systems. Overall, I think this is going to be a worthy successor to the amazing Wii, and hoping they can finally learn that what the fans and hardcore gamers want is above innovation.

Trust Ninty on this one, guys, I'm sure they can pull off the right tricks at the right times this time around.

On a side note, I don't know whether or not to pack my Wii up. I'm definitely not getting rid of it, I don't have any other console that can play GameCube format games, and I'm out of room on my system storage.

I think I am going to wait until the next Zelda title or SSB4. The pricing is fair, but I'm not too interested in the starting line-up right now, except for ZombieU, which looks like a very polished DayZ.

Yeah I plan on getting a Wii U but I think I'll wait till the price goes down. I don't have enough money to buy that. I can't wait for SSB4 (if they make it and Pikmin 3. I might get Monster Hunter 3, I've never played a monster hunter game but they look really cool.

I'm only going to buy the Wii U because of Super Smash Bros... That was the only reason I bought the Wii anyway, so yeah :|

I still love Nintendo though! And I've got my hopes up for it!

Awesome! Thanks for posting! I'll definitely be getting one, but I'm not sure when. Pikmin 3 & New Super Mario Bros. U look awesome... but I'm still waiting for Smash Bros. 4, 3D Mario, Zelda, and whatever Retro Studios is making. The Wii U is going to be awesome!

I know I'll get one eventually for games like Assassin's Creed 3 and first party games like Metroid, Smash Bros, and Zelda, but I'm not sure if I want to get it at launch or not. It depends on if I can find another job before then and availability. However, I am a big Nintendo fan and will definitely get the black premium version.

Just a couple of weeks and I'll be pre-ordering the deluxe Wii U, so yeah, I'll be getting it lol Can't wait for SSB4 and whatever LoZ game comes out next. Monster Hunter I'm obviously stoked for. When I heard Bayonetta 2 was going to be Wii U exclusive, I just knew Microsoft and Sony fanboys would get butthurt. X Play updated about that on their facebook page and guess what? I was right. Majority of the comments were Nintendo bashers.

Remember everyone, SSB4 is currently in development, and has been since March. Though, do not expect to hear anything from it for a good while. It's release may be in 3-4 or more years, considering it's a Smash Bros. game, which is one of Nintendo's grandest and most content-filled franchises ever. They need to wring out every last drop of effort until they let us play it. Also don't forget there's going to be a 3DS version as well, so that's two completely different versions of the same game, so development time might take a while longer.

Plus, think about how Namco-Bandai is helping make the game, a new team on board might mean they have to get affiliated with the franchise so they don't completely screw it up and make it like Brawl, Melee, and Smash 64. There's only so many installments in the epic franchise. We want them to get this RIGHT.

• Brohoof 3

Remember everyone, SSB4 is currently in development, and has been since March. Though, do not expect to hear anything from it for a good while. It's release may be in 3-4 or more years, considering it's a Smash Bros. game, which is one of Nintendo's grandest and most content-filled franchises ever. They need to wring out every last drop of effort until they let us play it. Also don't forget there's going to be a 3DS version as well, so that's two completely different versions of the same game, so development time might take a while longer.

Plus, think about how Namco-Bandai is helping make the game, a new team on board might mean they have to get affiliated with the franchise so they don't completely screw it up and make it like Brawl, Melee, and Smash 64. There's only so many installments in the epic franchise. We want them to get this RIGHT.

If they take out tripping and possibly not add anymore unnecessary characters, I'll be happy with whatever they release. I didn't mind Sonic too much, but I honestly believe that he doesn't belong in SSB.

If they take out tripping and possibly not add anymore unnecessary characters, I'll be happy with whatever they release. I didn't mind Sonic too much, but I honestly believe that he doesn't belong in SSB.

Prat falls (a.k.a. tripping) are one of the many, many, many small game elements of Brawl and was new to the Smash franchise. If people hate it enough, they will most likely remove it for the next game, they always make small adjustments/improvements to the games.

As for Sonic, it was an exclusive third party deal with Sega, like Snake and Konami (who was begged to be in the series since Melee by someone from the company). There might be more or less, or even the same amount of third party characters if the demand is high enough.

• Brohoof 1

And I just bought an Xbox...

Posted Image

great with the console being that cheep at alunch I just might buy it if I have enough money after all wasnt the wii like 500 or something so far the only game im hyped for is ssb4.

Edited by Dasher

*Sees fans cry over Bayonetta 2 being Wii-U exclusive, laughs*

I had my eyes on this console since I saw Zombi-U. I really hope it gets some good RPGs cuz that screen-to-TV thing would make inventory and menus a breeze.

• Brohoof 1