Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A question for those with Photoshop CS6 (maybe CS5)

Autumn Skies

I've been using CS6 for a month or so and I've never been all that Photoshop-savvy. With this new version of Photoshop out, I am completely clueless on how to use it, though the only thing I'd like to know is:

How in the heck do you make smooth lines?

I know there's a smooth line brush, but let's just say I don't have the steadiest of drawing hands. I've tried looking up tutorials for CS6, but none actually have anything relating to smooth lines. I've tried looking at earlier versions for a clue on how to make smooth lines, but every version before CS6 obviously has a different interface, so I can't really find the appropriate buttons or options to use.

Yeah, smooth lines. I got the program a while back too, it does nothing but make me upset. I use Illustrator for all my smooth lines, then transfer over to Photoshop for coloring. If you don't own Illustrator, don't try and replace it with another vector program, it'll just muddy up the image. The pen tool can make your lines straight but they won't look as smooth as vector work does. Photoshop was mostly created for a tool to manipulating images brought into the program, though a heavy base of buyers also use it for digital painting and work along those lines.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, smooth lines. I got the program a while back too, it does nothing but make me upset. I use Illustrator for all my smooth lines, then transfer over to Photoshop for coloring. If you don't own Illustrator, don't try and replace it with another vector program, it'll just muddy up the image. The pen tool can make your lines straight but they won't look as smooth as vector work does. Photoshop was mostly created for a tool to manipulating images brought into the program, though a heavy base of buyers also use it for digital painting and work along those lines.

I may just have to get Illustrator then if that's the case. I don't really mind downloading another Adobe program anyway, though I feel like I should have gotten Illustrator when I got CS6.