Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Drew Malino talks about Bronies

Driz

Before anything, yes. This is going to be yet another thread about the media/famous people ranting about MLP and bronies... :L

---

Are any of you familiar with Drew Malino? He's a not-very-well-known Youtuber who does completely random comedy videos on his show called Wazopalo. I subscribed to him a few weeks ago because he is indeed pretty funny in my opinion. He recently started making daily vlogs, and today he vlogged about nothing more, nothing less than bronies.

Before further ado, here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5_DKMuX2oE&feature=g-u-u

What made me really glad is that he doesn't judge the entire community as being homosexuals, pedophiles or any other kind of nonsense thing most people say or think. In fact, he says through video annotations and in the commentary section that watching My Little Pony has nothing to do with anything.

All he says is that he finds it extremely weird and that he doesn't understand why grown men watch My Little Pony. He also says something about bronies being "creepy", but that's far from offensive if you ask me.

As always though, this guy did not know about the show nor the community itself at all, making his whole opinion kind of broken. But again, it's a very good thing to see that he does not judge and that he has some kind of respect for us. Also, Drew Malino is known for using exaggerated "gay jokes" and crude humor in general, so nothing serious should be taken from this vlog...

I just felt like sharing this because it seemed to have something to do with the media's view on bronies. But I honestly don't have much to complain about the video itself.

What do you guys think?

I personally think that it could have been much, much worse than it is. I've seen some truly terrible rants about bronies. Hell, one time there was a less-than-satisfactory look at bronies on a certain news show. According to the speaker, bronies are "grown men who are obsessed with the show, so much so that they call off work to stay home and watch it and play with the toys." /)_-

• Brohoof 2

Yeah I've seen worse, I didn't get the show at first but then I started watching episodes and my reaction was at first: Wtf is this? 10 episodes in: I love dis. xD But it's not for everybody you can't really do anything about youtube rants. O;