Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What game are you playing right now?

Mint Petal

I gotta get the remaster. I never got to play Symphonia or it's sequel.

Definitely go for it.  The original Symphonia is great..one of the best Tales games around.  Although I don't think the sequel is quite as hot.

Silent Hill Origins. I finally beat the first area and now I'm explored the town a bit.

Once you get over the pointless combat system it's actually quite good, the navigation is less clunky than the previous games, and it captures the tone of the originals since it basically rips them off. Also the soundtrack is pretty cool.

Gamer Twilight, on 10 Aug 2014 - 3:36 PM, said:

Silent Hill Origins. I finally beat the first area and now I'm explored the town a bit.

Once you get over the pointless combat system it's actually quite good, the navigation is less clunky than the previous games, and it captures the tone of the originals since it basically rips them off. Also the soundtrack is pretty cool.

One of the many SH games I gotta play still. I've only played the first, Shattered Memories and Downpour. SH2 and 3 are pretty difficult to find for cheap though.

One of the many SH games I gotta play still. I've only played the first, Shattered Memories and Downpour. SH2 and 3 are pretty difficult to find for cheap though.

..Download them? Or just get copies of the originals via amazon I guess.

Origins is only good on a psp really, I would not recommend playing it full screen on a ps2 it looks like crap on a TV. I'm gonna beat it on my psp (hopefully without using a strategy guide). Then replay it on a psp emulator on my laptop using my ps3 controller for better graphics and a more customized experience. I take my Silent Hill pretty seriously.

Origins is awesome if you have a psp you should get it. The soundtrack and the puzzles more than make up for the crap combat.

Edited by Gamer Twilight

..Download them? Or just get copies of the originals via amazon I guess.

Origins is only good on a psp really, I would not recommend playing it full screen on a ps2 it looks like crap on a TV. I'm gonna beat it on my psp (hopefully without using a strategy guide). Then replay it on a psp emulator on my laptop using my ps3 controller for better graphics and a more customized experience. I take my Silent Hill pretty seriously.

Origins is awesome if you have a psp you should get it. The soundtrack and the puzzles more than make up for the crap combat.

Are they on PSN or something? It's been a long time since I checked so it could very well be. I also looked at the price for SH4 on Amazon and that's pretty expensive too. >_<

I do have a PSP. I'm playing it right now, actually. I'll keep in mind that the PSP version is the way to go.

Are they on PSN or something? It's been a long time since I checked so it could very well be. I also looked at the price for SH4 on Amazon and that's pretty expensive too. >_<

I do have a PSP. I'm playing it right now, actually. I'll keep in mind that the PSP version is the way to go.

Origins, 2 and 3 are not on PSN you'd have to source them from an on-line site. Don't pay too much they really aren't all that rare, plus you can get the PS2 collection which gives you 2, 3, and 4. Although 4 is terrible imo. I hacked my psp so I can basically play any game any psp game and a lot of ps1 games, it's really the way to go.

Gamer Twilight, on 10 Aug 2014 - 4:45 PM, said:

Origins, 2 and 3 are not on PSN you'd have to source them from an on-line site. Don't pay too much they really aren't all that rare, plus you can get the PS2 collection which gives you 2, 3, and 4. Although 4 is terrible imo. I hacked my psp so I can basically play any game any psp game and a lot of ps1 games, it's really the way to go.

I don't think I have anywhere that even sells PS2 games anymore. The best I'll get is buying used off Amazon, hopefully for less than $40. Trying to get them new is $60 easy.

And if you're talking about the HD Collection then it's only SH2 and 3, not 4. Never really heard of a PS2 collection but I can't know everything. :P

I don't think I have anywhere that even sells PS2 games anymore. The best I'll get is buying used off Amazon, hopefully for less than $40. Trying to get them new is $60 easy.

And if you're talking about the HD Collection then it's only SH2 and 3, not 4. Never really heard of a PS2 collection but I can't know everything. :P

It's just called the The Silent Hill Collection http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Silent-Hill-Collection-PS2/dp/B000F3RUNW 

Started a new play through of Skyrim, though I may go back to my old one at some point. Now playing as a High Elf specializing in dual-weilding a one-handed sword & magic (destruction, restoration, conjuration), while learning some archery as well.