Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What game are you playing right now?

Mint Petal

(edited)

YEARS of practice. The trick with this one is to dash off of one of the pumpkin towers and trigger the last checkpoint on the "Find the Chao" mission. If you did it right, you'll die in the process, and spawn back at the checkpoint which is maybe 3 seconds away from the Chao.

Crazy Gadget is the bane of my existence right now. I'm doing all of the physics-breaking gravity tricks, and even the one where you go through the wall, but I still can't get under 1:45.  :lol: I play this game waaay too much.

I applaud people who can successfully speedrun. A proper speedrun, glitches or otherwise, takes massive knowledge of the game engine and the levels. I'm not one to play any single game more than once in a few years and it's been awhile since I've played SA2 but I've played it enough to know a lot of it's ins and outs. Good golly molly that takes some serious skill. :lol:

Edited by Discordian
  • Brohoof 1

I applaud people who can successfully speedrun. A proper speedrun, glitches or otherwise, takes massive knowledge of the game engine and the levels. I'm not one to play any single game more than once in a few years and it's been awhile since I've played SA2 but I've played it enough to know a lot of it's ins and outs. Good golly molly that takes some serious skill. :lol:

Well I've been playing for about 11 years, so the physics are very familiar to me. I never get bored of this gem, it's the sole reason I still have my Gamecube  :)

I'm using this exact method, but I still can't beat this guy's time. 19 seconds? That's just crazy  :muffins:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well I've been playing for about 11 years, so the physics are very familiar to me. I never get bored of this gem, it's the sole reason I still have my Gamecube  :)

I'm using this exact method, but I still can't beat this guy's time. 19 seconds? That's just crazy  :muffins:

I've been playing the game for about as long, though not constantly. Suppose that's the main difference, eh? I can't stick to any one game for long. I play it until I beat it and then I move on to the next game. If I ever replay a game it often takes years for me to get back to it.

SA2 is one I've gone back to several times though. I think I still have my Gamecube but I just use the Wii. I'm still collecting Gamecube games too. NEED MOAR GAEMZ.

Edited by Discordian
  • Brohoof 1

I've been playing the game for about as long, though not constantly. Suppose that's the main difference, eh? I can't stick to any one game for long. I play it until I beat it and then I move on to the next game. If I ever replay a game it often takes years for me to get back to it.

SA2 is one I've gone back to several times though. I think I still have my Gamecube but I just use the Wii. I'm still collecting Gamecube games too. NEED MOAR GAEMZ.

It's one of the few that I just never grow tired of. I'm not sure why  :)

The Gamecube is my least favorite system that I've owned. The only thing it has going for it is its solid collection of games. I've got Metroid Prime, Viewtiful Joe, SSBM, MGS:TS, Luigi's Mansion, Paper Mario, Starfox Assault, Majora's Mask.....

Just so many classics  :wub:

(edited)

It's one of the few that I just never grow tired of. I'm not sure why  :)

The Gamecube is my least favorite system that I've owned. The only thing it has going for it is its solid collection of games. I've got Metroid Prime, Viewtiful Joe, SSBM, MGS:TS, Luigi's Mansion, Paper Mario, Starfox Assault, Majora's Mask.....

Just so many classics  :wub:

To me a console's game library is the only thing that even matters. I lurve the Gamecube. It has some of my favorite games on it like Eternal Darkness, Geist and the Baten Kaitos duology. Not to mention every game you just mentioned (except Majora's Mask which I haven't played since N64, as well as Viewtiful Joe and MGS).

Edited by Discordian
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

To me a console's game library is the only thing that even matters. I lurve the Gamecube. It has some of my favorite games on it like Eternal Darkness, Geist and the Baten Kaitos duology. Not to mention every game you just mentioned (except Majora's Mask which I haven't played since N64) ad MGS.

That first sentence is pretty much my stance on the console wars. I'm a PS3 girl just because of all the PS exclusives. I might not get to play Halo anymore, but God of War, Uncharted, and Crash Bandicoot can be all mine  :wub:

Also Eternal Darkness is EXTREMELY underrated. My cousin sold me his copy for $5

Edited by Shady Bubbles
  • Brohoof 1

That first sentence is pretty much my stance on the console wars. I'm a PS3 girl just because of all the PS exclusives. I might not get to play Halo anymore, but God of War, Uncharted, and Crash Bandicoot can be all mine  :wub:

Console wars? What's that? OH YOU MEAN THE THING THAT FUELS ALL THE COMPANIES TO BE MORE MOTIVATED TO MAKE ME MORE DELICIOUS GAMES. :lol:

Games, GAMES, GAAAAAAMES!!!

If I have the money I just try to get all the consoles so I have the variety to get any game I want for whatever system I want. It's inevitable that I will want hundreds of games each generation and the consoles they are on is...well...all of them.

Sucks not being rich. :okiedokielokie:

• Brohoof 1

Console wars? What's that? OH YOU MEAN THE THING THAT FUELS ALL THE COMPANIES TO BE MORE MOTIVATED TO MAKE ME MORE DELICIOUS GAMES. :lol:

Games, GAMES, GAAAAAAMES!!!

If I have the money I just try to get all the consoles so I have the variety to get any game I want for whatever system I want. It's inevitable that I will want hundreds of games each generation and the consoles they are on is...well...all of them.

Sucks not being rich. :okiedokielokie:

Yeah... that's what happened to my Xbox. I had to sell it to get a PS3, and I haven't made enough to upgrade again.

Minimum wage and gaming don't go very well together  :(

• Brohoof 1

Yeah... that's what happened to my Xbox. I had to sell it to get a PS3, and I haven't made enough to upgrade again.

Minimum wage and gaming don't go very well together  :(

Don't I know it. As someone who's lived in a slightly-above-minimum-wage household and had little more than minimum wage jobs myself I know how it is not having money.

Which sucks because video games are my raison d'être. When I have money, I hoard as many games as possible so I have stuff to play when I don't have money to buy new games.

• Brohoof 1

Don't I know it. As someone who's lived in a slightly-above-minimum-wage household and had little more than minimum wage jobs myself I know how it is not having money.

Which sucks because video games are my raison d'être. When I have money, I hoard as many games as possible so I have stuff to play when I don't have money to buy new games.

That's a big reason why I keep all of my old games, because when I get bored of the newest titles I have I can just take a trip down memory lane

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

That's a big reason why I keep all of my old games, because when I get bored of the newest titles I have I can just take a trip down memory lane

Never sell any games ever. That's my motto. You never know when you wanna play a game again. The few times I've traded games in (out of desperation for new games) I've regretted it every time. I still need to buy back a lot of those games.

I have a collection of 400+ games that continues to grow to this day. I will never stop! :lol:

Edited by Discordian

Never sell any games ever. That's my motto. You never know when you wanna play a game again. The few times I've traded games in (out of desperation for new games) I've regretted it every time. I still need to buy back a lot of those games.

I've only ever sold games to my brother and my cousin, and that's exactly why. They always let me borrow them back if I ask nicely and make puppy dog faces  B) I still have my Pokemon Yellow that my bro got me for my first birthday. I didn't get to play it until I was a toddler though  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

I've only ever sold games to my brother and my cousin, and that's exactly why. They always let me borrow them back if I ask nicely and make puppy dog faces  B) I still have my Pokemon Yellow that my bro got me for my first birthday. I didn't get to play it until I was a toddler though  :lol:

Wow, is Pokemon already that old? I know I'm probably a little young to say this myself but now I feel kinda old. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Wow, is Pokemon already that old? I know I'm probably a little young to say this myself but now I feel kinda old. :lol:

If I remember correctly it came out in 96?

Woww I feel old too  :yay: 18 years and it's still going strong. And my grandma said it was just a fad  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

I still had some money left over from when I ordered the first part of my new PC build, so I used it to buy a game called Dungeon of the Endless.

Hehe, I kinda just chose it at a moments notice because it looked cool. Glad I did, it's quite fun, and challenging! :lol:

I'm currently addicted to Rust right now. That game has taught me things about myself that I didn't know before, take for example that in a post apocalyptic situation I would probably shoot someone in the face rather than talk to them. 

• Brohoof 1

Now onto Metroid Prime 1 on Metroid Prime Trilogy on the Wii U! :)

Booooooo. Hated the fact that they used the Wiimote controls in the trilogy but don't offer the Gamecube controls for MP3 which is precisely what I wanted out of it.

Booooooo. Hated the fact that they used the Wiimote controls in the trilogy but don't offer the Gamecube controls for MP3 which is precisely what I wanted out of it.

Aww. I actually like the Wii controls a bit better than the GameCube controls. :0

Aww. I actually like the Wii controls a bit better than the GameCube controls. :0

You and everyone else. I'm one of the very few who actually prefer the Gamecube controls. I'm not overly fond of using the Wiimote in general.

Resident Evil Operation raccoon city it is a good game. Just don't understand why people say it was the worse resident evil game ever.

As for myself, I've started up Skyrim. Went Argonian, sided with Hadvar at the keep, going with a mage.

I like Argonians for having the ability to breathe underwater. A limited use ability but I lurve it nonetheless.