Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What game are you playing right now?

Mint Petal

(edited)

I just came back to "good, "old" Dead Space. This game honestly creeps me out, as it has something that is missing in Dead Space 2 and 3. What does it have? This freaking disturbing atmosphere, and on hard difficulty those weirdos can really beat You up fast. I know every trick, makers of this game used to scare gamers, but it is of no help, I get scared anyway, when suddenly necromorph runs directly on me from behind the corner. I derp out so fast that I forget that I can easily slow it down >.>

Too bad next Dead Space games are not like this. Here I really feel like my character is just unlucky soul that got itself in very nasty place. Isaac is slow, his engineering suit greatly decreases his agility and it gives advantage to necromorphs who are pretty fast and makes game even scarrier.

Only physics in this game are ridiculous, what happens when You walk on a random corpse is ridiculous, it can literally start flying or will stick with You for some time like it wants a hug from You. I wish they worked on it a bit more, because it looks just funny and damages disturbing atmosphere made by graphics and music. Isaac being all silent too is a bit ridiculous. I mean, some random mutated corpses attack him all the time and he acts like it's normal, no screaming, no emotion, he behaves like it's another oridinary day in engineer's work. Maybe it is a  typical working place of engineers? If yes, then I think I want to leave my engineering school.... xD

Anyway overall - I love this game. It has some little glitches, but now-a-days there is barely any game that  does not have them. And it's still great game (even if scary for me) that I don't regret I've installed again.

Ps. I know that for some people this game is not scary. But it is me, I get scared by games easily, so please, don't lecture me on that :P

Edited by Sir Hugoholic :3
  • Brohoof 1

I would be playing Wolfenstein: The New Order, if it would even started up on my computer.

Thanks for the $60 40gb download, MachineGames.

Bioshock Infinite is 38 gigabytes. At least i'm not the only one suffering from a massive game download.

I just started playing through Portal 2. It's a nice change of pace from all the FPS online shooters I play, even though it's still technically a one-player FPS with no bullets...

• Brohoof 1

I'm playing some Armored Core: 5 Verdict Day.

I finally have a reason to post in this topic :D

Right now I'm playing Chrono Trigger - it's a pretty famous game, based off of what I hear.

img-2699949-1-chrono-trigger.jpg

I've been sitting here with my Rarity plushie, playing this game with her for the past few hours. I've never been much for games myself, and I just about shat myself when I beat my first boss battle just a while ago :D

Overall, this game is excellent so far! :D

Out of curiosity Ghostie.  What other games do you play?

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

PAYDAY 2 - gettin' dat money$$$, doe.

payday2_1.jpg

Edited by Guest

(edited)

I just came back to "good, "old" Dead Space. This game honestly creeps me out, as it has something that is missing in Dead Space 2 and 3. What does it have? This freaking disturbing atmosphere, and on hard difficulty those weirdos can really beat You up fast. I know every trick, makers of this game used to scare gamers, but it is of no help, I get scared anyway, when suddenly necromorph runs directly on me from behind the corner. I derp out so fast that I forget that I can easily slow it down >.>

Too bad next Dead Space games are not like this. Here I really feel like my character is just unlucky soul that got itself in very nasty place. Isaac is slow, his engineering suit greatly decreases his agility and it gives advantage to necromorphs who are pretty fast and makes game even scarrier.

Only physics in this game are ridiculous, what happens when You walk on a random corpse is ridiculous, it can literally start flying or will stick with You for some time like it wants a hug from You. I wish they worked on it a bit more, because it looks just funny and damages disturbing atmosphere made by graphics and music. Isaac being all silent too is a bit ridiculous. I mean, some random mutated corpses attack him all the time and he acts like it's normal, no screaming, no emotion, he behaves like it's another oridinary day in engineer's work. Maybe it is a  typical working place of engineers? If yes, then I think I want to leave my engineering school.... xD

Anyway overall - I love this game. It has some little glitches, but now-a-days there is barely any game that  does not have them. And it's still great game (even if scary for me) that I don't regret I've installed again.

Ps. I know that for some people this game is not scary. But it is me, I get scared by games easily, so please, don't lecture me on that :P

Every time I want to buy Dead Space I can't find the first one, only the second and third games. I'd just order it off Amazon but I've been jobless for a year now so that puts a kibosh on most of my game spending... :(

At least I have Shadows of the Damned to keep my (kinda) horror itch going. And I could always replay Alone in the Dark 4. I never did finish the girl's side of the game.

Edited by Discordian

Every time I want to buy Dead Space I can't find the first one, only the second and third games. I'd just order it off Amazon but I've been jobless for a year now so that puts a kibosh on most of my game spending... :(

At least I have Shadows of the Damned to keep my (kinda) horror itch going. And I could always replay Alone in the Dark 4. I never did finish the girl's side of the game.

Buy it on steam, it is there for 2 euros now I think :D 

I'm setting the mood later when its dark to start playing SCP containment breach. Its a FOSS Horror Game.

I'm going to walk into the game like this :mellow:  but end up like this with in five minutes XD :(

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Buy it on steam, it is there for 2 euros now I think :D

I don't have a PC that could play it anyway. I have a laptop that plays Psychonauts with minor stuttering. I couldn't do games like Dead Space. I'll just get it on 360.

I'm setting the mood later when its dark to start playing SCP containment breach. Its a FOSS Horror Game.

I'm going to walk into the game like this :mellow:  but end up like this with in five minutes XD :(

I need to download this game. A friend got me into SCPs recently. Best thing on the internet evar.

Edited by Discordian
  • Brohoof 1

I don't have a PC that could play it anyway. I have a laptop that plays Psychonauts with minor stuttering. I couldn't do games like Dead Space. I'll just get it on 360.

I need to download this game. A friend got me into SCPs recently. Best thing on the internet evar.

Well here is a good old download link for you Good  Mischievous sir http://www.indiedb.com/games/scp-containment-breach/downloads/scp-containment-breach-v093

Good luck escaping :ph34r:

Minecraft, Grand Theft Auto 5 online, and Call of Duty Ghosts. In Minecraft I'm trying to build up a stone wall so monsters cannot get into my little desert village I um, 'confiscated' from the inhabitants. 

Still Red Dead Redemption to get all SP Trophies

-Finish a fighting mission with gold medaille

-Highest ranks

-100% Complete in SP

I started playing this again a few days ago, then I went to Gamestop and got four new games. :lol:

I'm surprised I haven't fanboy'd the hell out of RDR cuz of my love for the western genre.

• Brohoof 1