Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What game are you playing right now?

Mint Petal

Believe me, I feel crazy just for even thinking I could possibly plat KH.  But...I'm a risk taker.  And I like a good challenge.  Sephiroth is quite a problem, though.  One of these days I'll beat him. :lol:

Me too. As a huge KH fanboy I owe it to myself to Plat these games on the collections. I could probably do KH2 pretty easily since I've already 100%'d it on the original version. I beat Sephiroth in that one before discovering the wonders that are the Reflect spell. Can't wait to fight Lingering Sentiment. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

I heard something about them reworking some of the mechanics in Chronophantasma. How's that work? Arc System Works is my favorite fighting game developer. I love their games and the characters in them.

You mean what's changed from the last games? Well gold bursts have been replaced with overdrive, bursts regenerate over time and guard primers are gone; now there's guard break attacks called crush triggers. The way hitsun works in combos has changed too; I don't really know how to explain it, but the end result is that the combos don't take as long to end anymore.

Or maybe you're asking how it's all working out? Well, it's great: overdrive sees a lot more use than gold bursts did and guard breaks happen much more often and also make the barrier gauge feel a lot more necessary to watch over (you have to barrier block a crush trigger to avoid your guard breaking, but it eats a ton of barrier)

You mean what's changed from the last games? Well gold bursts have been replaced with overdrive, bursts regenerate over time and guard primers are gone; now there's guard break attacks called crush triggers. The way hitsun works in combos has changed too; I don't really know how to explain it, but the end result is that the combos don't take as long to end anymore.

Or maybe you're asking how it's all working out? Well, it's great: overdrive sees a lot more use than gold bursts did and guard breaks happen much more often and also make the barrier gauge feel a lot more necessary to watch over (you have to barrier block a crush trigger to avoid your guard breaking, but it eats a ton of barrier)

Most of this is actually Greek to me. I was never able to do all the more intricate parts of the fighting system. So I guess my BlazBlue experience probably won't actually change that much aside from the crush triggers.

How's the new characters?

Most of this is actually Greek to me. I was never able to do all the more intricate parts of the fighting system. So I guess my BlazBlue experience probably won't actually change that much aside from the crush triggers.

How's the new characters?

Oh nonsense! You'll probably end up using the overdrive stuff at least a little bit: at the very least it powers up your supers and stops the clock. Plus it cancels (you know, like the rapid cancel) so it's pretty easy to just tack on to the end of a combo.

The new characters are pretty interesting though I'm not very good with any of them. Amane and his zoning and ridiculous chip damage potential; Azrael and his "weak point" stuff and his teleporting dashes are pretty annoying; Bullet is pretty basic from what I can tell, but solid nonetheless; Kokonoe's in too, bringing black holes, teleports and graviton. There's also Kagura, but I honestly don't know much about him. They're all pretty unique playstyle wise, as you would expect from Arc Sys.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Oh nonsense! You'll probably end up using the overdrive stuff at least a little bit: at the very least it powers up your supers and stops the clock. Plus it cancels (you know, like the rapid cancel) so it's pretty easy to just tack on to the end of a combo.

The new characters are pretty interesting though I'm not very good with any of them. Amane and his zoning and ridiculous chip damage potential; Azrael and his "weak point" stuff and his teleporting dashes are pretty annoying; Bullet is pretty basic from what I can tell, but solid nonetheless; Kokonoe's in too, bringing black holes, teleports and graviton. There's also Kagura, but I honestly don't know much about him. They're all pretty unique playstyle wise, as you would expect from Arc Sys.

Hell yes. I was hoping they'd bring Kokonoe in as a fighter eventually.

Arc System Works know how to please me. :wub:

The listen to a fuck-ton of music game.

Oh hey, me too! Dark Moor is playing on my Pandora right now. :lol:

Edited by Discordian
  • Brohoof 1

Currently playing a pokemon hack "Light Platinum"! is great!

I also recently regained my love for Counter Strike, Global Offensive is a great succesor for 1.6!

img-2706017-1-mariokart8-750x420.jpg

Best game I've played in a while, actually. Plus, who doesn't like this?:

img-2706017-2-death.jpg

They're saying this might save the Wii U. I gotta admit, we got the Gamecube pretty much because of Double Dash, but I'm not quite ready to pony up $300 for yet another console.

They're saying this might save the Wii U. I gotta admit, we got the Gamecube pretty much because of Double Dash, but I'm not quite ready to pony up $300 for yet another console.

Hmmm...

Well, I can definitely say it's well-worth getting just for Mario Kart 8 alone... Also:

2402836-8550543870-Saved.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Mario Kart 8! Way funnier than Forza or Gran Turismo in my opinion :P

Mario Kart 8! Way funnier than Forza or Gran Turismo in my opinion :P

They're hardly relatable in the first place. The only thing they have in common is racing. Mario Kart would be better compared to something like Blur, Sega All Stars Racing or Split:Second.