ooc [OOC, Signups Closed] Train Ride Headed West (On hold)

Ganaram Inukshuk

Just noticed the recent posting, so I'll need to ask if Berry is still interested. If not, then it's over to Leaf.

I'll say to have them both if they are both interested, just we have to figure it out based on their stories which stop would be the best to introduce them in.

I'll say to have them both if they are both interested, just we have to figure it out based on their stories which stop would be the best to introduce them in.

Problem is that Leaf has no backstory, or rather, it's a work-in-progress. When I started the RP initially, I asked everyone for a reason for why they're riding, and our candidates here need some sort of backstory or reason. We could then evaluate that and determine who to let in, and how.

I agree with letting them both in. :3

And about how they can show up, I believe they could have been in the train ride this whole time, but in a separated group or something. Kind of like how I did with Amber, showing up suddenly from another train-car. But that depends on how big is the train?...

Problem is that Leaf has no backstory, or rather, it's a work-in-progress. When I started the RP initially, I asked everyone for a reason for why they're riding, and our candidates here need some sort of backstory or reason. We could then evaluate that and determine who to let in, and how.

That remembers me, I didn't come up with a reason for my character when I began... :s

I just noticed that after roughly two or three posts, and quickly invented something random like 'holiday trip'.

• Brohoof 1

Beat Spark has no deep intention with this trip other than travel... but you are right in something, we need to know more about him, we need to ask him to give us a bit of info about his OC.

geez! nopony has earth ponies? -_-

• Brohoof 1

I'll think up a good backstory ASAP I'm thinking the Leaf has to go to a MangaCon that is being held at the target location, he won a pass for it and a ticket for the destination, but there will be more soon.

I'll think up a good backstory ASAP I'm thinking the Leaf has to go to a MangaCon that is being held at the target location, he won a pass for it and a ticket for the destination, but there will be more soon.

Alright, I just spoke with Berry Pie; He didn't wanna take your spot, so you're in.

Now then, let me get the list of things:

- The RP characters are currently eating breakfast in Canterlot, and with that timeframe in mind, the train will be departing in under an hour (RP time).

- The next stop is Manehattan, estimate time of arrival, 5PM, RP time.

• Brohoof 1

Alright, I just spoke with Berry Pie; He didn't wanna take your spot, so you're in.

Now then, let me get the list of things:

- The RP characters are currently eating breakfast in Canterlot, and with that timeframe in mind, the train will be departing in under an hour (RP time).

- The next stop is Manehattan, estimate time of arrival, 5PM, RP time.

When can I start posting? Are you going to put my name besides my OC and link my OC's page to it's name? What are all the other OC's talking about?

When can I start posting? Are you going to put my name besides my OC and link my OC's page to it's name? What are all the other OC's talking about?

it would be pretty cool if you take your time to read the RP so you can know what's going on and how are the characters, I bet that youlike reading, so it should be fine, later we would figure out how to add your OC into the scene

http://mlpforums.com/topic/35740-rp-train-ride-headed-west/page__st__200

I'll be sure to edit in that extra information soon enough. You can look at the RP itself for more information, but in a nutshell, the following is occurring:

Draco and Beat are in a dilemma: There was an expensive necklace that was snuck into their saddlebag, so now they're probably gonna be accused with shoplifting.

Ganaram, Jade, Electrobolt, and Amber are discussing with where they're going on the train. Then there's Sandweaver (but the participant of that character's currently not logged in).

All of whom are in a Canterlot restaurant eating breakfast.

I'll still need some semblance of a backstory.

You can start whenever. I suggest reviewing the last two or three pages to get a gist of what's going on at the moment.

I'll still need some semblance of a backstory.

Don't worry, I will expain his backstory in FULL detail in his entry post in the RP thread, My entry post will be a bit long, so bear with me. ;)

Also, how do they get their OC pictures and names on the RP thread? I wanna do that. Also I just made my first post on the RP.

there's something that bothers me... first, how fast he moved to Canterlot and how fast he got to the restaurant, I think that that move you could have made it in 4 or 5 posts, it's not necesarily to meet the other ponies in the restaurant, I think that the first time that he must have checked is the train, but that's just me.

And, how he came to talk to Beat and Draco like that? if he doesn't even know them, unless he's a VERY BLUNT character, I don't mind.

how he came to talk to Beat and Draco like that? if he doesn't even know them, unless he's a VERY BLUNT character, I don't mind.

You sound like I offended you. I'm pretty sure my OC was curious on what was going on there, Mature, yet curious

You sound like I offended you. I'm pretty sure my OC was curious on what was going on there, Mature, yet curious

I am not offended. But your story moves too fast. And I don't know I find it weird that you talk to strangers for the VERY FIRST TIME and say hey, what's up? who does that. And you mentioned Beat and Draco by their names, you aren't supposed to mention their names before you met them.

Whoa whoa whoa... I was away last night because I was in the car, so I couldn't post... And we're getting on this quick now? o.o Geez... And here I was, wanting to get a post in, saying something to Amber :P Well... Maybe I still could, but hmm...

We have Electrobolt, right? o_o

Yeah, I was just thinking that... Since when did Electro sprout wings, or suddenly grow a horn? XD But anyways, it looks like Electro's attempt to help Amber get off the subject of Manehatten seemingly backfired... :P

• Brohoof 1

We have Electrobolt, right? o_o

let me do a recap:

Ganaram pegasus

Jade unicorn

Electrobolt earth pony

Sandweaver unicorn

Beat earth pony

Nocturnal unicorn (out)

Draco pegasus

Amber unicorn

Leaf Orange pegasus (in)

Rook pegasus (pending)

see?

what about annonyponi, I vote aye! for him to join in

I can vouch for Anoni's writing ability. I wouldn't mind having him in the RP, if you guys are willing.

what about annonyponi, I vote aye! for him to join in

Ah yeah, as for AnonyPoni... Going by what Jade's saying, he sounds like he's a good RPer. I also say aye for him joining in

... Alright, I'll let him in, but this is the second time I've done this so far... (And I really don't wanna do it again...)

Well, that's just it; You started at the very beginning, from what it sounds like, and just ploughed right through the entire chain of events so far, where it would've been less confusing to simply start from where we were already at.

For example,... This participant joined after the RP started, but was able to well integrate his character:

Continuously tapping her hooves on the floor in a crazed pace, Amber Vox was close to freak out inside that train. The power was cut off, the train slowed down and, on top of that, she was bored. The passenger car she was in had very few ponies: most of them old and sleeping. And now, without electric power, she couldn't even play her video game anymore since the battery had just run out.

Ugh!... How much longer until Canterlot!?... I’m going crazy here!!

The unicorn mare mumbled, as she lightly bumped her head against the window. Soon after, she sighed loudly and stood up from her seat, moving towards the next train car in a desperate search of something to do.

Slamming the door open with a helpless look on her face, Amber scanned over the car, noticing the ponies in it. At least it looked like they were doing something to kill the time: a staring contest of some sort. Observing each of the pony passengers a little more, she dropped herself on the floor, putting up a show.

“Somepony! Anypony! Please, entertain me!!”

She whined, rolling on the floor. Amber was way too hyperactive – she went mad if she had to stay still and do nothing for a period of time longer than five minutes or so.

With your post, the only part I would pay attention to, for continuity's sake, is this:

Suddenly, he was hungry, and it was a special occasion, so he decided to go a restaurant closest to the train station, Once he was in, he saw two ponies having some sort of argument of some sort, and a bit larger group of ponies disccusing where they are going, his tummy rumbled, "I better get some breakfast first, then I'll try to bump in the conversations they are having..." after scarfing down his breakfast, he decided to go over first where there were two ponies looking over a saddlebag, "Hey there mates, I'm just wondering what you two are dealing about, and don't try to hide it on me because I'll use my brute force on you two..." he said.

Everything else is more or less backstory-related, but with this part, I'd see it as your character getting off the train, independently of everypony else, and finally converging with the group. @@AnonyPoni, I would suggest the same, but I think you know where this is going, already. By the way, we need some reason for your character to be on the train on the first place.

-----

Let me find all of the reasons for why each character is on the train:

- Ganaram - Visiting old places, and his hometown

- Electrobolt and Amber - Adventure

- Jade - Family business

- Draco - Making deliveries with a broken wing

- Sandweaver - Needed a vacation of some sort

- Beat - Just travelling

- Leaf - Headed for a convention

- Rook - ???

And the "apparent" groups thus far, and the apparent situation with each group:

- Ganaram, Electrobolt, Jade, Amber - Talking about where they're going, and where they've been throughout their lives

- Beat, Draco - Are in a dilemma that would get them convicted of shoplifting

- Sandweaver - Somewhat independent of the other two "groups"...

-----

I'm gonna try a minor experiment once again: Seeing how I tend to boldface important things, I'm gonna try the same with my following RP posts.

• Brohoof 2