Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tips for a YouTube series

Steel Accord

Hello everypony,

I've been thinking of starting my own YouTube vlog series for a long while now, just never getting around to it. I was just wondering if I could get some tips on what audio/video recording software to use. Or how to properly edit, that kind of thing. It's appreciated, thank you.

Get fraps for screen recording and Sony Vegas Pro for editing. I know this epic website where you can download it for free.

It's called thepiratebay.org or theponybay.org If that's blocked where you live. Shhh don't tell the mods.

• Brohoof 1

Fraps is good for game recording, but for general screen recording, I find Camtasia Studio to be optimal. For audio recording, you'll want a good quality microphone (I have a Blue Yeti myself) and Audacity. And as others have said, Sony Vegas is awesome, and not anywhere near as convoluted as the competitors like Adobe Premiere.

• Brohoof 1

Depending on what you wanna do you can use Fraps for screen capture like its been said, but that can be pricy. I'd imagine if your just doing some simple stuff you won't need high end video ending softwear like sony vegas, you can probably run with just movie maker. I did that back when i did youtube, except for a few times I use some other software I got.

If your going to not spend any money your going to suffer from either having to pirate it, or use a capture program thats probably going to suck in comparison. So it depends on how serious you want to be and how professional you wanna be.

If you want to capture stuff from your TV and things like that you'll need a capture card, those can run quite exspensive running anything from like 50-100+ dollars. But again it all depends on what your going to be doing.

You'll also need some form of mic/headset if you don't have one already. I have a nice headset I eventually got that I still use for gaming so its fine. Again depends on your level of professionalism.

And if your doing anything facecam related you obviously need a webcam. You may already have one of those, or one built into your computer if its a laptop. If not you can probably get one quite easily.

Best of luck, if you have any other questions feel free to ask. I have some experience with Youtube myself.