Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Wishing Equestria was Real

Flying Whales

And if you had equestria, and your presence awoke some darkness that you and the ponies couldn't vanquish, could you give it up and make it as if you had never been there, losing all the friendships (or more) that you had garnered, leaving you with the memory, but them with none of you? 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

If you want me to be absolutely honest, Equestria is not the Utopian perfect society that people are constantly bringing it out to be. And I'll be honest, I find the whole notion of wanting to go to Equestria just because it's supposedly a happy land full of smiles everywhere, a dumb one. People, in my opinion, are emphasizing too much on the evils of our world (yes, I too believe that our world is a crapsack world, but Equestria would be no better), and therefore, viewing Equestria as this Utopian haven. These ponies have mental capabilities on par with a human, therefore, if one wants to escape from his or her depression, it likely won't work. In all honesty, it's a world just like ours, except arguably worse, with guys like Tirek hellbent on stealing Unicorn magic. Still this may have been thwarted, but evils still exist in Equestria. And let's not forget about the Crystal Ponies, too. They were screwed over for an odd thousand or so years by Sombra! Either way, I feel like I'm digressing a bit, but my point is that Equestria is not this perfect society that so many people see it as.

Edited by ~Drunken Pelipper~
  • Brohoof 2

I'd love to live in Equestria.

But like others have stated, I would miss my family/friends, and technology too.

So if I were to go live there, it would have to be after my life in this world ends...

• 1 month later...

The way I deal with this is by visiting equestria in every lucid dream I have. In my dream I have a life there in equestrian though it does t always start where I left off. But hear this I've been doing some research to see if equestrian "is" real and I've found something that might interest you all. Take a look a a picture of equestrian and then take a look a earth as pangea there is some similarities between the two if you look at the part near the ocean. I think earth may have been equestrian but then it split to another dimension. And that may be one reason we dream of it and why some people run on all fours in there dreams.

I'm not sure if any of us would be prepared for what would happen were we to step into Equestria. The human mind was literally not built to handle a place like this; every single one of us would go absolutely insane in the space of a month.

And if you had equestria, and your presence awoke some darkness that you and the ponies couldn't vanquish, could you give it up and make it as if you had never been there, losing all the friendships (or more) that you had garnered, leaving you with the memory, but them with none of you? 

In a heartbeat.

If I had the chance to go to Equestria, it would involve a lot of hard decision making, mostly on whether or not I should leave my family. My parents are fifty years of age and only getting older, and knowing that my siblings would mostly likely forget all about them and/or leech off of them, no one would be there to help them out and possibly even defend them. It would tear me apart in the long run if I chose to leave them, so against my better judgement, I would probably stay on Earth.

I think I'm the one that's most affected by this tragic impossibility. I fell in love with Twilight so entirely, I wanted nothing more in the world than to be in Equestria. Sadly, this feeling really broke me down during the school year, and I wasn't able to work as good as I usually do.

Oh, the possibilities of my life in Equestria, to do whatever I want with those adorable ponies; I literally feel like being a pony would make me feel so alive! A true pure alive alicorn stallion. Yeah...

I have always believed and still believe that anything is possible, and I guess the only think keeping me alive right now is the belief that Equestria does exist, and that somehow my life's purpose is there. And, who knows? Maybe someday...I hope...we can all...yeah...

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's probably been said already, but the promise of the utopia is that it is achievable eventually in our world. Equestria isn't a utopia imo but it does have a charm and community that Earth can feel like it lacks. Don't be depressed you can't go to Equestria; instead try to make our world like it through our actions and advocacy. Of course, that option will never include the pony part of things. :( I sure wish I could fly, for example. But you know Pinkie Pie wouldn't want you to be sad :) so continue to smile no matter what...!

• Brohoof 1

Well, for those who are Christian, the Bible says that God will grant our desires a thousand times over or something like that once we're in Heaven, so knowing what we truly desire, I think anyone who is saved and really wants to be in Equestria, God will either send them to Equestria, or if he can't, he could probably create each person's version of Heaven, like on American Dad, so those of us who love ponies will be able to hang out with them for eternity :D

"Everyone prays so badly for heaven

Knowing every day might be the day that you die

But maybe life on Earth could be heaven

Doesn't just the thought of it make it worth a try."

This sentiment has been expressed on the last page alone already, and I admit that I didn't read through the whole thread, but seeing everyone on the first page discuss the ideals of Equestria as though they just aren't a thing that can be real is something I think severely needs addressing.

I want to start off by noting that I, too, wish badly for Equestria to be a real place. People discuss the sorts of fantasy lands they would go to if they had a chance and I think that I would take Equestria every time for nearly anything. It is a utopian society in my view.

However, just because it is a cartoon does not mean it is not to be replicated. We can never have Equestria. That is just a fact.

But you know what we do have? We have Earth. And it's not that great right now. It actually has a ton of problems. It isn't Equestria. But that does not mean it cannot be.

It may be difficult to believe that Earth could change enough to allow for Equestrian ideology. Many people scoff at the idea that mankind is even inherently good much less genuinely altruistic and caring. The issue is that this lack of belief in mankinds ability perpetuates a cynical cycle that is inescapable.

You are unable to change other people directly. And that's not a bad thing! People get to be individuals. But that can certainly dampen the belief that you can make the world like Equestria. But what YOU have control over are YOUR actions. And the way to get people to change is to show them that your actions are beneficial and good. Unfortunately, this requires a sacrifice.

If you want the world to be more like Equestrian then start acting like our favorite characters act. People will label you naive. People may take advantage of you. People will do the very things that forced them to be cynical themselves. Do not let it change your drive. Do not let it change you from being what you want out of the world.

People label you as naive? Explain to them that you understand the risks and the realities but you want the world to be different. People take advantage of you? They probably had been taught they had to do that; try not to hold it against them. 

In my experience, people want the world to be like Equestria. The issue is that if anyone acts like Equestrians they are mocked. Stand up to that. Be the example. Be the one who does not mock. Be the one to initiate sincerity. Ask questions, love others, care about them. Be open, be generous, always share, remind yourself that the feeling you get from sharing will outweigh the result you get from keeping. Be kind, remember that everyone is fighting a battle. Be honest, but be tactful. Learn how to be true to who you are and not hurt others by doing so. Be funny. Keep people happy; they'll like you even more. Be loyal. When everyone who is cynical turns their head the bronies will have their back. 

We can change the world. All you have to do is be magical. And if the show has taught me anything it's that we can all be magical if we choose to be.

Edited by Silverrida
  • Brohoof 2

I'm kind of glad Equestria isn't real because I have a feeling that human beings would find some way to tarnish it.

Not all people are bad, but gee, some people, I tell you what.

Sad, but it'd be very true. As someone else pointed out I'd love for Equestria to be real as a heaven for bronies, so they can live a new life as a pony

Pros:

• Cool astronomy
  • I meet Daring freakin' Do! (probably) (maybe) (ok, nvm)
  • MANE SIX!!!
  • BREAKING OUT INTO SONG! (like my favorite episode of Scrubs)
  • Sugarcube Corner!
  • I'll regrow the library!
  • I'll stop the aliens by trapping them underwat- oh, wait, wrong topic. :D
  • DERPY
  • DOCTOR WHOOVES
  • BENDE- again, wrong topic.

Cons:

• Can't eat meat
  • I might not have wings or a horn
  • I might get hurt by Derpy (thankfully, The Magical Hospital of Feeling Pinkie Keen is a miracle!)
  • No MLP forums or internet, or computers.
  • Not very technologically advan- wait, that's a good thing! Be right back.

Pros:

• Not very technologically advanced.
  • Brohoof 1

I feel that those who are Jewish are closest to what Equestrians are, or at least closer than a lot of people. They believe heartily in doing good for others (the Rabbis one talks to when wanting to convert emphasize this above anything else), making the world a better place, leading by example, etc. I would become Jewish myself, because I agree with all of their ideals, but I don't want to take Christmas visits away from my mom. So I'll just follow their ideals, and work on being a righteous gentile :)

"Everyone prays so badly for heaven

Knowing every day might be the day that you die

But maybe life on Earth could be heaven

Doesn't just the thought of it make it worth a try."

This sentiment has been expressed on the last page alone already, and I admit that I didn't read through the whole thread, but seeing everyone on the first page discuss the ideals of Equestria as though they just aren't a thing that can be real is something I think severely needs addressing.

I want to start off by noting that I, too, wish badly for Equestria to be a real place. People discuss the sorts of fantasy lands they would go to if they had a chance and i think that I would take Equestria every time for nearly anything. It is a utopian sosciety in my view.

However, just because it is a cartoon does not mean it is not to be replicated. We can never have Equestria. That is just a fact.

But you know what we do have? We have Earth. And it's not that great right now. It actually has a ton of problems. It isn't Equestria. But that does not mean it cannot be.

It may be difficult to believe that Earth could change enough to allow for Equestrian ideology. Many people scoff at the idea that mankind is even inherently good much less genuinely altruistic and caring. The issue is that this lack of belief in mankinds ability perpetuates a cynical cycle that is inescapable.

You are unable to change other people directly. And that's not a bad thing! People get to be individuals. But that can certainly dampen the belief that you can make the world like Equestria. But what YOU have control over are YOUR actions. And the way to get people to change is to show them that your actions are beneficial and good. Unfortunately, this requires a sacrifice.

If you want the world to be more like Equestrian then start acting like our favorite characters act. People will label you naive. People may take advantage of you. People will do the very things that forced them to be cynical themselves. Do not let it change your drive. Do not let it change you from being what you want out of the world.

People label you as naive? Explain to them that you understand the risks and the realities but you want the world to be different. People take advantage of you? They probably had been taught they had to do that; try not to hold it against them. 

In my experience, people want the world to be like Equestria. The issue is that if anyone acts like Equestrians they are mocked. Stand up to that. Be the example. Be the one who does not mock. Be the one to initiate sincerity. Ask questions, love others, care about them. Be open, be generous, always share, remind yourself that the feeling you get from sharing will outweigh the result you get from keeping. Be kind, remember that everyone is fighting a battle. Be honest, but be tactful. Learn how to be true to who you are and not hurt others by doing so. Be funny. Keep people happy; they'll like you even more. Be loyal. When everyone who is cynical turns their head the bronies will have their back. 

We can change the world. All you have to do is be magical. And if the show has taught me anything it's that we can all be magical if we choose to be.

You make a good point. Too many think only of the afterlife, but this world CAN be changed if we try. Unfortunately, the people in power don't want things to be that way, so it'll take some major reform to make this possible, but it IS possible if we work for it. Like Karma from LoL says, "Ideals are meaningless, unless you FIGHT for them!"

Edited by Galaxy Hero Rumble

• 9 months later...

Call me crazy but if the multiverse theory is true then it is in fact real. We just need to somehow make a trans dimensional portal into their parallel universe, that or they make a two way trans dimensional portal to our universe. In which we can use to go back and forth between universes.

I agree with that and I don't think that is weird... I hope that there is a way  there can be parallel universes out there that'll let us go to Equestria and experince other worlds, dimensions and universes there is and mine would be the FiM universe Equestria. Although, I'll try to stay rational and not lose touch with reality, but keep that possibly in my mind that it could be possible in some way, and some how.

I've thought about it, dreamed about it, and wish it was all real.

Thing is, I don't know how to feel about it. I have to be honest, its almost a daily dream for me, every morning, I can wake up and recite a dream I had about living in Equestria. Maybe because of all the crap I've been through in life, I dream of a place where I feel I belong, where I feel that things can only go right. At the same time though, I have friends and family that I would miss dearly should I decide to go. If a portal opened in front of my eyes right now, I honestly wouldn't know what to do, leave my family and friends behind to go to a world I should only dream about, or stay, and live through misery, but also have moments of happiness with those I know?

Sure, it would be awesome to live in Ponyville, living as a pony (married to Rainbow Das-- D-Did I just say that out loud??), but I'm me, I'm me for a reason, I'm here for a reason.

I dunno, I dream about it, and wish I could go, but my feelings are just... bleh! If I could jump in the portal, and be erased from existence in this world, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I would to and only that other Bromies would have the same chance that I have to cross over to Equestria and live there for the rest of my life being happy and have adventures hopefully that I would be delighted to have.

Yes, I have gotten to the point where I lucid dream almost every night. When your in these dreams, it feels so realistic. And ai can have a dream about whatever you want. And since it's lucid, they last a lot longer. I've "visited" Ponyville several times, and it's pretty awesome. Once you get it down, it can be accomplished every night.

That would be pretty cool even for me to do, but it still wouldn't be as good as the real deal of going to Equestria itself and live there like I want to. When I go to Equestria that's when I'll be fully complete, but I'm not sure that'll happen anytime soon...

Lol.

*sigh*

I truely wish it was that simple.

Me, too man... me too... If only it was that simple... if only...