Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Help me improve my oc

Wisebox

I need help with my oc. When I first made him I just loved him and was proud of my design for him, but know im starting to dislike him. Is there anyway i can improve on him. Maybe change the colour or the mane. Maybe even starting from scratch. All criticism is welcome. Everyone thinks it's a she :(Posted Image

Edited by Wisebox
  • Brohoof 2

I'll be honest with you here.

I think your OC is very pretty. And the OC is something you should create in your own and not from the help of others.

But yeah, i will agree.

The colour scheme on her man can be better :D

• Brohoof 1

Well honestly what I think you should change and what you think you should change are proably going to differ(Expecially considering I like lighter colors :P If you can't tell from my OC).

So really if you wanna redo her and feel like you don't like anything about her, thats fine. If you feel you just wanna change a few colors and stuff, thats fine to! Its really up to you afterall it is your OC. We can all offer little suggestions and stuff, but in the end its yours.

I think it looks good to me, but do whatever you want with it!

It's amazing how much a pony's mane affects the whole character. It will be a worthy task, but going for an original style of mane makes all the difference. Since you picked the colors in the first place, perhaps with just the mane change will get the results you desire.

Hmm... @@Vicke, has a point that OC are a very personal thing. But here I go, I think that the colors overall are a bit monochrome. I think if you brought the colors up some, brighter or shift the hue some. Maybe go with a yellow and a light blue in the mane and maybe go with a deeper red in the scarf with a deep blue.

The I like the body shape and mane style they work well together and the eye color is nice to.

edit: browser glitch cosed a double post.

Edited by Lux Brush

I need help with my oc. When I first made him I just loved him and was proud of my design for him, but know im starting to dislike him. Is there anyway i can improve on him. Maybe change the colour or the mane. Maybe even starting from scratch. All criticism is welcome. Everyone thinks it's a she :(Posted Image

Simple changes to the mane can ALWAYS make an OC better. Also, some eye color touch-ups, and slight changes to the shade of the mane colors. All this can change an OC greatly.

post-4683-0-53277900-1353737342_thumb.jpg

See how I added a small amount of detail to the mane? Also, I brightened the colors just a tich, and now he looks like he has a brighter personality.

• Brohoof 2

I agree with Vicke, you should come up with your oc on your own. But I think if your just unsatisfyed with it's looks you could try getting someone you know with some art skills to draw your O.C. in a diferent style. That can help.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
Well, it's really whatever you want, but I think it looks a little bit like a recolor of DJ-Pon 3. (Mainly the mane and tale) but y'know it's just whatever you think looks good. I've changed my OC's mane style like 5 times and I'm thinking of changing it again (I'm just that way though) :lol:

it doesnt look like a she O.O

but the eyes are huge for a male pony, most male ponys has small eyes, that might be the femalish thing in this oc

i really like the design :3

How to improve your OC? Give him a cutie mark and a decent backstory. These things might be more important than the way he looks. The only thing I don´t like on OCs in general is ugly colour compination (like dark-blue body and shiny yellow&green hair), and he doesn´t have anything eye beating like this, so he´s allright. Maybe try to customize him more (make your own mane-style etc)

Edit: Maybe try to change his eye colour to be more "pop-outing". It´s almost the same like his coat so it kinda blends.

Edited by Suntouched Coco