Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casting Call for MLP FPS Game

Collector(GameDev)

(edited)

Is Rainbow Dash not going to be in this or did you already find a Rainbow Dash? I just noticed she wasn't on the cast list. 

I thought I didn't :L, but then I remembered that I took her down because I'm trying to rewrite or keep what her appearance looks like in the storyline. She'll be back on the list soon.

Edited by Collector(GameDev)
  • Brohoof 1

I thought I didn't :L, but then I remembered that I took her down because I'm trying to rewrite or keep what her appearance looks like in the storyline. She'll be back on the list soon.

When you are ready for her, I know a girl who does a great Dash voice. She works with me in Dramatic readings of Fimfictions. I can hook you two when you want.

When you are ready for her, I know a girl who does a great Dash voice. She works with me in Dramatic readings of Fimfictions. I can hook you two when you want.

Thanks for the offer, I might think about it. Though so far I've been thinking about Rainbow dash sounding much older then in the series (Even though I might change the timeline, it's at least set in the future.)

I'll try out for Scootaloo...I would do Rainbow Dash, but she isn't on the list. As someone already taken her, or did is it just a typo? If Rainbow Dash is still open, then I will try out for her and Scootaloo if I'm allowed to. Please send sampler lines for me!

Do you have a voice reel like on Youtube or something? Because that's one of the ways I determine if a voice actor/actress is good for the role.

Yeah, nope. Sorry. Not much of a help here, sorry. ButI can send you any line you can give me, and I have previous acting experience. Just me talking would kinda be pointless since I won't be trying to do a certin character. My real voice is annoying, in my opinion

I'd like to have a go at voicing some of the non established guys (changling, soldier, royal guard) and jus' kinda give my best impression of what I think each would sound like (jus' using some random yet appropriate lines), and that'll give ya a good enough idea of whether I'm usable, that is if you're accepting auditions at the mo'?

I'd like to have a go at voicing some of the non established guys (changling, soldier, royal guard) and jus' kinda give my best impression of what I think each would sound like (jus' using some random yet appropriate lines), and that'll give ya a good enough idea of whether I'm usable, that is if you're accepting auditions at the mo'?

It might come back this year but so far I will delay it until 2015 or 2016 at the moment, sadly. :( Thanks for all the support and all.

It might come back this year but so far I will delay it until 2015 or 2016 at the moment, sadly. :( Thanks for all the support and all.

but...but...I was gonna buy a new mic this Thursday and do alot of voice acting this/next week...also why are you gonna temporarily suspend this awesome project? (I already have enough projects going too slowly)

Edited by JTAC

but...but...I was gonna buy a new mic this Thursday and do alot of voice acting this/next week...also why are you gonna temporarily suspend this awesome project? (I already have enough projects going too slowly)

It's for many reasons: 1. I need time to write, because it usually takes about two years to write up a good story without any plot holes. 2. I need to know unity more. What I wrote was just the main two. At the moment I will be working on smaller projects that I can handle, you can still join Collector Software and I can use you as a voice actor for other projects that I'm working on.

• 4 weeks later...

I might bring this casting call back, but it won't just be for the FPS game, it will mainly be for recruiting people for future/other projects so I can have some members just in case. Thank goodness I delayed it, because I could have ended up like MLP Online or Fighting is Magic. What do you guys think?

I think if no money changed hands during the making of the game, it would be allowed to operate under like fair use or whatever. Fighting is Magic had money involved, so it became a matter of the fighting is magic team making money off of hasbro's idea. Also, I'm not sure if you thought about background music at all but I play a mean bass guitar, regular guitar, and some other stuff, 2 of my friends IRL are DJ's and 1 of my other friends makes fantastic dubstep. my friends and I could do BGM for any other projects you came up with. I also have a bit of experience with blender 3d modelling, and will probably be rather good at it in a short while. Just PM me if you come up with any future projects that I could help with, I have nothing else to do in my free time except stare blankly at a notepad and think of something stupid to do with an arduino.

I think if no money changed hands during the making of the game, it would be allowed to operate under like fair use or whatever. Fighting is Magic had money involved, so it became a matter of the fighting is magic team making money off of hasbro's idea. Also, I'm not sure if you thought about background music at all but I play a mean bass guitar, regular guitar, and some other stuff, 2 of my friends IRL are DJ's and 1 of my other friends makes fantastic dubstep. my friends and I could do BGM for any other projects you came up with. I also have a bit of experience with blender 3d modelling, and will probably be rather good at it in a short while. Just PM me if you come up with any future projects that I could help with, I have nothing else to do in my free time except stare blankly at a notepad and think of something stupid to do with an arduino.

I will, do you have a skype and some examples? I might contact you on a model if you have an example. It might be nice working with'ya sir! Have a good night!

• 1 month later...

UPDATE: The project's entered another stage. The game will now focus more on the Canterlot Guard and will be some form of episodic series or trilogy. I am hiring at the moment modelers and a voice actor for Shining Armor. So if anyone wants to apply, contact me at the forums.

UPDATE: The project's entered another stage. The game will now focus more on the Canterlot Guard and will be some form of episodic series or trilogy. I am hiring at the moment modelers and a voice actor for Shining Armor. So if anyone wants to apply, contact me at the forums.

How do I apply as Shining Armor's voice? I really need to get more into voice acting. I have been at a stand still with my current projects I'm voicing...

How do I apply as Shining Armor's voice? I really need to get more into voice acting. I have been at a stand still with my current projects I'm voicing...

Send me a pm on my forums account or send your sound file to collectorsoftware.com@gmail.com. Also if you had a skype account, you can just send the file over through there.

I'LL DO DAT SHINNING ARMOR!

In all seriousness, I'm good with voices and I won Actor of the Year at my high school, and I have a professional studio mic. Don't know if you have someone else but I'll audition if it's still open.

I'LL DO DAT SHINNING ARMOR!

In all seriousness, I'm good with voices and I won Actor of the Year at my high school, and I have a professional studio mic. Don't know if you have someone else but I'll audition if it's still open.

I could've been actor of the year at my high school too if I wanted to but after I Graduated I opened my mind to a lot and wished I had done things differently in high school...also even if you were best actor doesn't mean you are best voice actor, do you have a youtube so I could hear your cool voice? here's mine http://www.youtube.com/user/Bluemansonic/videos?view=0&flow=grid including my new Blue Snowball Microphone...

I could've been actor of the year at my high school too if I wanted to but after I Graduated I opened my mind to a lot and wished I had done things differently in high school...also even if you were best actor doesn't mean you are best voice actor, do you have a youtube so I could hear your cool voice? here's mine http://www.youtube.com/user/Bluemansonic/videos?view=0&flow=grid including my new Blue Snowball Microphone...

That sounded like you're trying to 1-up me, bro. Which is kinda lame since this isn't really a contest. I checked out your YouTube and I didn't find much VA videos. I don't have any videos of me being a VA because I've never had a reason to put one up.

Also, just for future reference I have the cognitive skills of at least a 5 year old, therefore I do know the difference between acting and voice acting.

• Brohoof 1

That sounded like you're trying to 1-up me, bro. Which is kinda lame since this isn't really a contest. I checked out your YouTube and I didn't find much VA videos. I don't have any videos of me being a VA because I've never had a reason to put one up.

Also, just for future reference I have the cognitive skills of at least a 5 year old, therefore I do know the difference between acting and voice acting.

Look, I'm sorry about that, it's just whenever someone mentions they were best actor in high school it's a tender subject because I never got as involved in theatre as I am now...also I have a new video with my microphone working finally right here...

I don't have any videos of me being a VA because I've never had a reason to put one up.

I think you might, because even though you were a top voice actor in your school doesn't give me a good example of your voice acting. Just saying.

• Brohoof 1

I think you might, because even though you were a top voice actor in your school doesn't give me a good example of your voice acting. Just saying.

It certainly doesn't and I'll get on that as soon as I can. I didn't see any scripts in the thread so I'll just do some lines in his voice and record it. I'll let you know when I made a track.

Look, I'm sorry about that, it's just whenever someone mentions they were best actor in high school it's a tender subject because I never got as involved in theatre as I am now...also I have a new video with my microphone working finally right here...

That's weird but whatever. We are bronies and we should love and tolerate each other. I am willing to look past this episode in order to continue being a good brony. I hope you can do the same. In fact, if you feel the same, feel free to send me a friend invite. I will accept if you choose to do so.

In the future, try to not jump the gun like that, man. It can really turn people off. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors. :)

• Brohoof 1

It certainly doesn't and I'll get on that as soon as I can. I didn't see any scripts in the thread so I'll just do some lines in his voice and record it. I'll let you know when I made a track.

That's weird but whatever. We are bronies and we should love and tolerate each other. I am willing to look past this episode in order to continue being a good brony. I hope you can do the same. In fact, if you feel the same, feel free to send me a friend invite. I will accept if you choose to do so.

In the future, try to not jump the gun like that, man. It can really turn people off. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors. smile.png

Okay, make sure to post up a link to the video or PM me it, buddy! :D Hope to see you get the role soon! P.S Nice music you have, I could use that talent sometime.