People most likely to go Brony

poniesforfun

There are brony converts out there. It's nice that you like to introduce your favorite cartoon to others in hopes they would become to like it or at least tolerate it enough to leave you alone about it. Whether it's friends, families or other people that had a genuine interest in you watching the show.

Some disagree on the upstart, some just raise an eyebrow at your selection of a show. But from what I expect the people that are most susceptible to becoming a brony would be those that have been exposed or are part of a fandom already usually something like Sonic, Powerpuff Girls, Furrydom, video/computer games. People that liked any of the previous generations of MLP could like it too giving them some nostalgia from the past (highly unlikely but you never know). Other people could be that don't mind watching cartoon shows or cartoon movies.

• Brohoof 5

l543.gif

"Converters" What is this? A crusade? Am I suppose to go out and try to annoy as many people as possible by shoving this show in their face and down their throats?

Also what exactly are we suppose to talk about? The 'question' you put in the title? Or where you just voicing your opinion?

• Brohoof 9

This is a signature.

Conversion happened to me, I used to be a strong hater actually in about the first week of the show but then I checked it out and since then I've been hooked. I'd say people who are open-minded are more likely to convert and also ones who are nostalgic for older simpler animation styles.

Signature.png

I think that I went brony partly because I have a weak spot for things that are adorable. Since MLP has no shortage of that, I could convince myself to watch the next episode simply to see adorable, gigantic-eyed ponies running around, so I imagine that others with a weak spot for cuteness might feel the same.

"Ceterum censeo background ponies delendas esse" - Stellafera

AS9001Sig_zps4d1010f8.png

Credit for the Octavia vector goes to the awesome Harmonic Revelations

Credit for the creation of my avatar and signature goes to the amazing Wubsie

Once again, thanks!

When i first found out about mlp I didn't think anything of it I was like I wasnt even aware mlp had a tv show when I was a kid I used to watch sonic the hedgehog and things like that but this is the first time iv ever become part of a fandom where I actually invest time and effort into talking about it and stuff. To this day im still not entirely sure how I ended up watching mlp in the first place but hey why question a good thing right?

• Brohoof 1

"Converters" What is this? A crusade? Am I suppose to go out and try to annoy as many people as possible by shoving this show in their face and down their throats?

Also what exactly are we suppose to talk about? The 'question' you put in the title? Or where you just voicing your opinion?

Well it's just discussion. Nothing to get upset over. I'm not a big convert but I also don't see a problem with people that like to introduce it to others. Nobody is nailing and tying people down to force them to watch the show after all.

• Brohoof 2

l543.gif

to me Brony converters are more annoying then Jehovah witnesses it steal all the charm of discovery and you might as well be a mindless drone if you brought in by someone who wishes to hard wire there opinions until they become yours.... wait were was i going with this......

• Brohoof 1

my DA http://heavyecho.deviantart.com/ check my stuff out

the Anime Club http://mlpforums.com/topic/48196-the-anime-club/ plz join us

Oh goodness, I have an online friend who's also a brony covnverter as he was the one who converted me after critiquing about the show too much. Today he now has a group of supporters who are trying to convert the whole internet into bronies.

For myself, I'll only convert someone to a brony if I feel it's right. I only converted one person, and that would be my English classmate xD

• Brohoof 2

to me Brony converters are more annoying then Jehovah witnesses it steal all the charm of discovery and you might as well be a mindless drone if you brought in by someone who wishes to hard wire there opinions until they become yours.... wait were was i going with this......

Iv never been a fan of brony converters I believe everyone is entitled to there own opinion (even the haters). People should never try to force someone to do something they dont want to do.

I disagree with people being easier to convert having seen the older generations, two of the people I tried to convert have seen the older MLP and don't want to watch the show, and think that the people who watch it have problems.

I'm working on them, but not much luck so far.

Conversions are fine, if they are open to it.

If they say they aren't interested they aren't interested.

There's a difference between conversion and forced conversion.

Not gonna pass out my pony comics and contact info door-to-door anytime soon.

Edited by Jammo

Wonder why people care so much about the brony converters? Another kind of person I would see becoming a brony would be someone that enjoys good music from a cartoon show, most namely people that enjoyed Disney flicks.

My main concern about brony converters is that they don't seem to use much strategy and always try to convert people that have almost no affiliations with cartoons sometimes. Boggles my mind.

Edited by poniesforfun

l543.gif

well , Ian form " Smosh" is a brony now, a teen from teens react is now a brony, almost then the whole frickin' world would be bronies!

kjdkowsh.png                

Siggy  by ~Хаотичан Четник~ and me

I'm Dashie <333.

"Converters" What is this? A crusade? Am I suppose to go out and try to annoy as many people as possible by shoving this show in their face and down their throats?Also what exactly are we suppose to talk about? The 'question' you put in the title? Or where you just voicing your opinion?

Oh come now One, don't be like that. I think "convert" was used in its more literal term of going from one opinion to another. I can't imagine anyone wanting us to try and throw the show down anyones throat. That never works. Just sit back and enjoy a cupcake with me? :wub:

• Brohoof 1

My past does not define me 'cause My past is not Today

I think people who have suffered some sort of childhood trauma and the 'outcasts' are most likely to become a brony. Children who suffer a trauma, and are unable to move past them, have a stunted emotional growth and are more attracted to children's shows and drawn to more nostalgic things. As far as the outcasts are concerned, they are usually bullied and don't have a lot of friends. So the outcasts seek out a community will love them and accept them for who they are and where they can feel popular. Basically giving them things that real life can't.

~

Edited by Shankveld
  • Brohoof 7

dgpRo.gif

I don't dislike brony converters though they can be annoying if not done right.  As far as the question is concerned, from what I've seen many people who are bronies are outcasts.  They just want acceptance.

Soundcloud-------------------Facebook---------------------------Youtube

I think people who have suffered some sort of childhood trauma and the 'outcasts' are most likely to become a brony. Children who suffer a trauma, and are unable to move past them, have a stunted emotional growth and are more attracted to children's shows and drawn to more nostalgic things. As far as the outcasts are concerned, they are usually bullied and don't have a lot of friends. So the outcasts seek out a community will love them and accept them for who they are and where they can feel popular. Basically give them things that real life can't.

~

Or they might just be sick of the mainstream tv series/movies with the painting certain lifestyles as positive, product placement, subliminal adversing, bad writing, propaganda, unrealistic plot which just serves to brainwash people into living degenerate lifestyles and consuming certain products.

I think that the bully victims and suicidal teens on life advice sections are the ultra minority and most bronies don't have some mental illness that makes them like the show

Or they might just be sick of the mainstream tv series/movies with the painting certain lifestyles as positive, product placement, subliminal adversing, bad writing, propaganda, unrealistic plot which just serves to brainwash people into living degenerate lifestyles and consuming certain products.

I think that the bully victims and suicidal teens on life advice sections are the ultra minority and most bronies don't have some mental illness that makes them like the show

That was just the kind of self-denial elitist response I was expecting to get. 

There is no reason to be so sensitive, I backed up my claims with logic and facts.

Calm down.

It's not really that big of a deal.

dgpRo.gif

I think it should be enough to enjoy the show and be part of the fandom, without constantly promoting something that will be remembered as a cult classic anyway. Basically I think all "converters," bronies, religious folks or whatever, are insecure and forever trying to win people to their side just to validate themselves and prop up their low self-esteem. But I'm no psychologist, so don't take my word for it.

Edited by TailsAlone

"Human beings fascinate me

Being just the way they are..."

That was just the kind of self-denial elitist response I was expecting to get. 

There is no reason to be so sensitive, I backed up my claims with logic and facts.

Calm down.

It's not really that big of a deal.

I'm all about logic and fact so maybe you could show us the "facts" that prove bronies to be a group of people with mental illness caused by childhood trauma but I don't consider biased arguments by the mainstrem media to be facts. I'd like hard evidence such as tests conducted on sizeable sample that includes psychological profile tests and test subject information such as race,income, religious background, parents, education record, mental/physical health records if any.

I'm all about logic and fact so maybe you could show us the "facts" that prove bronies to be a group of people with mental illness caused by childhood trauma but I don't consider biased arguments by the mainstrem media to be facts. I'd like hard evidence such as tests conducted on sizeable sample that includes psychological profile tests and test subject information such as race,income, religious background, parents, education record, mental/physical health records if any.

Google is a thing.

I'm sorry I don't have time to waste to educate you, I'm not a teacher (unless you'd like to pain for my search engine services).

Also don't twist my words, I graduated from highschool; I don't care to be pulled back down to that petty level of 'arguments'.

~

dgpRo.gif

Google is a thing.

I'm sorry I don't have time to waste to educate you, I'm not a teacher (unless you'd like to pain for my search engine services).

Also don't twist my words, I graduated from highschool; I don't care to be pulled back down to that petty level of 'arguments'.

~

google search:

bronies childhood trauma  = no relevant result

brony childhood trauma = no relevant result

so i tried something else

brony emotionally stunted = https://forum.encyclopediadramatica.se/threads/bronies-black-people.10736/https://forum.encyclopediadramatica.se/threads/bronies-black-people.10736/

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/bronies?before=1348178768

quotes:

"

Bronies are passive aggressive emotionally stunted man-children who believe that by watching a children’s cartoon they are bucking gender constraints, yet are the same men who lament the friend zone. " -dogbosser

"

I judge bronies because their ability to discern what is good or not is limited by the fact that the majority of them are emotionally and developmentally stunted individuals. Then there are those with poor taste. Then there is the female demographic.

Also every time I see MLP on tv for various reasons (I for example spend time around small children) I happen to be high and I think/feel that MLP is brainwashing me with its cheap and shoddy visuals." - dr rice

The only results are from random internet trolls and there isn't a single site showing any evidence whatsoever

Edited by khaine21x3

-proving my elitist comment-

*yawn*

Re-read my original comment without your butthurt bias, good.

Research about children who suffer a trauma and then are drawn to childlike things and things that bring nostalgia. 

There you go.

Now expand your learning.

Note how I didn't make a sweeping statement, like you seem to want to.

I proposed other reasons as well.

I'm glad we had this talk.

~

Edited by Shankveld

dgpRo.gif

I think people who have suffered some sort of childhood trauma and the 'outcasts' are most likely to become a brony. Children who suffer a trauma, and are unable to move past them, have a stunted emotional growth and are more attracted to children's shows and drawn to more nostalgic things. As far as the outcasts are concerned, they are usually bullied and don't have a lot of friends. So the outcasts seek out a community will love them and accept them for who they are and where they can feel popular. Basically giving them things that real life can't.

~

i would have to disagree on this point here. Yes, this is a "possibility" but really the evidence is mostly stereotypical thinking of traumatized children. The samething for outcasts.

EDIT: Also, you argument assumes that traumatized children will never recover from things that had traumatized them in the first place, which is totally incorrect and without evidence cannot be backed up. Most of your argument is assumptions and stereotype.

Edited by BronyPony