Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any doubts?

Toa of Ponies

Did anypony have doubts about why they were watching the show? I mean at first i loved the it, but there was always that niggling feeling in my head that i was only watching because i wanted to be part of the fanbase, and some times I still feel that today. I guess what im trying to say is,did anyone have trouble "commiting"? I do love the show and mabey i'm overeacting , im just weird like that XD

I had no trouble adapting to bronidom.It used to be Eat, Sleep, Breathe. Now it's Eat, Sleep, Breathe, Pony.I've transcended humanity and became the next stage in our evolution. Bronies.I'm drunk BTW.

• Brohoof 5

I came across MLP because of my daughter. I was a huge fan of the show before I ever even looked at the community. I knew Bronies existed because I had seen them being mentioned in General chat in WoW, both good and bad things. I gravitated to the community because it seemed the next step. Both my partner and I adore the show and its message, plus the stories. She has yet to go as far as join a community but I'm already eagarly establishing roots here.

Obsidian

• Brohoof 3

I remember I had to watch about 4-5 episodes before I was completely certain I loved this show. I immediately told my best friends about the show, and got 3 of them converted, and now I've converted a total of 4 people (I did not push it on them, don't worry). ^^

Although I've been a fan of the show for over a year now It isn't until about a month or two ago I started getting involved in the community. I've already done some stuff already, like join here, start a brony facebook page, get active on the mlp subreddit, and on deviantart. and now I'm about to get going on some fan art myself.

• Brohoof 1

Nope, I don't have any doubts so far. I enjoy the fandom (particularly this forum) and the show itself. It actually erks me a little that on a Saturday I have to avoid this forum and anything pony until someone uploads the latest show to you tube to avoid spoilers.

Well, I was a little hesitant to fully becoming a brony at first because i thought "This is a show for little girls, and I'm a grown as man. why do I enjoy this show so much then?". Eventually I stopped trying to hide my love for the show, by then I really didn't care what anyone had to say or think about what I watched.

• Brohoof 1

I did have doubts before, as one of my friends was in the fandom and I was pretty weirded out by it.  I thought I never would get caught up in this.  Eventually I began watching it to see what the appeal was, and I was glad I did.  

• Brohoof 1

I've only recently(past few weeks) decided to pop in to see what the community is up to. And that is only this forum and EQD. I had been my own little solo fan for about a year previous, not talking about the show with anyone or seeing what is going on with the community. From that, I know that it's a genuine like for the show and not just a desire to be part of the community, which for the most past I still try and keep at arms length.

• Brohoof 1

I've only recently(past few weeks) decided to pop in to see what the community is up to. And that is only this forum and EQD. I had been my own little solo fan for about a year previous, not talking about the show with anyone or seeing what is going on with the community. From that, I know that it's a genuine like for the show and not just a desire to be part of the community, which for the most past I still try and keep at arms length.

Very similar to me really, except after watching the show I used to check out My Little Brony on memebase.

Although I'm starting to dabble in the fandom more now.

• Brohoof 1

Very similar to me really, except after watching the show I used to check out My Little Brony on memebase.

Although I'm starting to dabble in the fandom more now.

Nice to see I'm not a complete oddball. Might venture deeper once the season has ended if I need a fix of pony. For now though, show discussion is where I'll stay ^^

Nice to see I'm not a complete oddball. Might venture deeper once the season has ended if I need a fix of pony. For now though, show discussion is where I'll stay ^^

Thats fair enough. For me I'm attempting to write my own fanfic. But I'm trying to keep it totally canon without including the main characters.... so much research and fact checking!

That's kinda how I felt at first when I started watching after episodes 1 + 2. As I progressed through the season, I wondered how I would become part of the fandom? I kept thinking about it as continued to watch each of the episodes. 

I used to GM an MLP roleplay at another forum, but that was shortly lived. That's all I ever did while committing to the brony fandom. I feel like I should do more, like create more roleplays, OC's and maybe writing. But then...school, life. kicking my butt ya know? :P

I never had second thoughts about the show, but I did doubt letting my art go in the direction of my little pony for a while.  I wasn't really sure if that would be a good direction, especially if I wanted to make my art more of a career path in the future, but then I decided that it didn't really matter and if anything, ponies would be a good stepping stone!  It really opened up my creativity levels when it comes to art and also sewing. 

It took me a long time to actually try to become apart of the community.  After realizing that DeviantArt really is no way to get in touch with the community anymore (5 years ago I was able to make friends easily, but it's just a popularity contest now) I decided to join a forum and be active!  I tend to just lurk forums, but I'm making a real effort to actually talk with other pony fans now.

But when it comes to the show, I have no problems watching it.  My kids love it and I have it DVR'd so when there's nothing else on I like to turn on some episodes.  Granted, all I ever watch these days are kids shows it seems!

• Brohoof 1

Wait... I'm not alone?  I'M NOT ALONE!!!

Yeah, you have no idea how long it took for me to get the guts to join this forum.  I just couldn't really come to terms with what I was seeing.  I'm still somewhat in doubt at times...

• Brohoof 1

I honestly started watching it for the plot and because it's cute. My fanaticism came from those two things alone, my involvement with the community shortly thereafter only magnified it. It never made me feet weird, though I do occasionally start getting giddy when I consider the absurdity of this when viewed in light of societal norms. I probably get this feeling more than some of the younger crowd because I was born near the end of G1, and hated all things MLP from the time I was a little lad.

Nope, I don't have any doubts so far. I enjoy the fandom (particularly this forum) and the show itself. It actually erks me a little that on a Saturday I have to avoid this forum and anything pony until someone uploads the latest show to you tube to avoid spoilers.

We stream the new episodes on Saturday and watch them together. You should join us.

I suppose this is the part where I question the Brony movement, remark badly upon the fan base, or bemoan how it's all coming to an end. Well like HAL, "I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I can't do that!" Not for a moment have I doubted us as a community. Look at all we've accomplished! Art, music, radio shows, massive animation projects, conventions, extensive creator contact. We are rolling it in and no amount of outside resentment can stop us!

Most fandoms die out because the fans loose passion, they can't handle the social stigma for long or the fandom itself burns out the hype sustaining it's own existence. Not so with us! We have EQD, Everfree Radio, Pony in a Box Productions, Filly Gamez, this very forum, etc. Forget bricks, we've built a house out of limestone! With so many rallying points to act as a creative support structure, we could loose half our number
tommorow and STILL produce fan content at a faster rate most would believe. This would, in turn, get others interested and we would soon replenish the numbers we theoretically lost.

Do not doubt my fellow bronies, WE ARE HERE TO STAY!

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 1

Was there EVER any DOUBT? 

eenope.

I've never had my doubts about this show, it was made by Lauren Faust for Celesta's sake. How could it not be good?

• Brohoof 3

Yes. I had my doubts. The first episode I saw was a "Bird in a Hoof" the week it premiered. Got linked to it in a ThunderCats forum. Watched it, and while I laughed and thought it was adorable and an excellent show for little girls, I really didn't get why the show was so popular. So i didn't bother with more episodes.

But I kept seeing so much praise for it on the various websites and forums I frequented, that I decided maybe I should give the entire series a shot, and I'll probly understand. And then I was hooked.

Edited by himanuts

Nope. No doubts here. I started watching before I knew there was a fan base. Mind you, I found out about the show from a pony thread but before that I had no idea FiM even existed. I got hooked on the show because I genuinely loved it and I still do. For me, the fan base is just a bonus. It helped me become open about my love for the show, gain friends, and learn how to do things I never thought I could do, like vectoring. It also helps me stay sane during the drought between seasons. But even then it's not about the amazing art or awesome music, it's about sharing a common interest in a great show.

Edited by Apple Bloom
  • Brohoof 1

no doubts but it took me about 3 or 4 episodes to get hooked the first episode sorta hard to get hoked of of its great but not egnough of a hook for me after i discovered my fav chracters and realized even the ones in the mane six i didnt like were still really cool and a bit misunderstood i was amazed