Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Gift Exchanging!

miygaiya

So I'm getting my final paycheck from my summer job in later this week (don't ask why it is so late) and I decided to spend $100 of the $102 dollars of it on my friends, buying them all gifts on Steam when the winter sale hits. They're all from my Skype list, but we have fun a lot and I like to consider them friends.

Plus giving gifts to people makes me feel so :D

Does anyone else do any gift exchanging/gifting people things during the holidays? How does it make you feel? Do you like doing it? Any interesting stories about gifting?

• Brohoof 1

I'm not the type to like receiving gifts, and I don't usually give material ones. If it's someone's birthday, I'll get something from a foreign aid group or something.

So I like to give gifts that actually mean something :)

• Brohoof 1

I always make gifts by hand to give out to my friends. This Christmas, I plan on making bracelets out of beads and some out of yarn. I may even draw some Christmas pictures to go along with them! I don't know if this could be considered gift-exchanging, but one time our teacher had us donate small items and a card drawn by yours truly. I donated a bracelet and one of my most prized possessions- a mockingjay pin.

The funny thing is that when it comes to my friends, we give each other (I kid you not) the same exact thing. That usually is a $25 gift-card to "x." We still do it "just cuz" for birthdays, but for Christmas we just say screw it and bring treats/food next time we hang out instead.

I think as one gets older/matures, and supposedly your income increases, your role as a giver naturally increases.

Wow that is very kind of you to use your paycheck in such a generous way. Highly commendable.

• Brohoof 1

I'm in two Secret Santa's this year, one for the FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) group at my school and one in our Group of Friends. My SS for FBLA asked for stuff from Victoria's Secret...

eeeenope.

If I can, I won't give gifts. Not because I don't like making my friends happy, but I SUCK at being creative with gifts and then I feel bad when all my friends give each other homemade crafts and I give a gift card or some junk like that. tongue.png

Edited by Kolth

I love giving gifts! This year my list is longer than previous years, so I'll be enjoying wrapping gifts with Peanuts wrapping paper, putting decorative bows on top and delivering them by car or by mail. :3

I'm more of a giving fan rather than a receiver fan...its been two years since I asked for something...and this year its gonna be that way XD

• 2 weeks later...

I finally did this a week ago. After skating into Oakland to get two $20 steam wallet cards, I went home and proceeded to spend all $40 of it on my friends through sales on games they wanted.

Feels so good man.

How'd everyone else's Secret Santa/Gift Exchanges go or how's the planning/ideas on them?

So I'm getting my final paycheck from my summer job in later this week (don't ask why it is so late) and I decided to spend $100 of the $102 dollars of it on my friends, buying them all gifts on Steam when the winter sale hits. They're all from my Skype list, but we have fun a lot and I like to consider them friends.

Plus giving gifts to people makes me feel so :D

Does anyone else do any gift exchanging/gifting people things during the holidays? How does it make you feel? Do you like doing it? Any interesting stories about gifting?

I just had the exact same idea a day ago and I hope that steam brings back the bulk discount or maybe we should petition them for it.I'm thinking of giving the games to random gamers just to make their holiday season more pleasant.