Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

You know what sucks? Grumpy bronies.

moved ♥

Okay So I know how a lot of bronies are upset because there a no bronies where they live. Well, I'm still in high school and there are at least five bronies that I know of, which is a generous amount compared to other people. However, only two of the bronies are friendly. They're usually either really quiet, or just really grumpy. I don't mind the quiet ones but I mean...some bronies are so meh.

Today I saw a girl with a rainbow dash shirt and it said 20% cooler, and I was like "AWW YEAH, EY LEMME GET A BROHOOF!" and she looked at me like I was a psychopath, looked incredibly confused and ran past me. I don't know, maybe she was shy or just thought I was trying to hit her, or maybe she didn't understand brohoofs. I DON'T KNOW. 

It was embarrassing because everyone in the hallway saw my fist-pound rejection.

I've run across multiple bronies who don't wanna be friends.

I admit, I probably come off really strong, I'm a people person, but...it hurt my feelings a bit. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Or is it just me.

• Brohoof 1

I am also in high school, and I have brony friends there. Some of them wear brony shirts and put up "20 percent cooler" pictures around the school, but none of us are very over the top about it because of how critical people can be about it.

If anyone asks me if I'm a brony I deny it, and I've denied brohoofs before as well, mainly because I'm a bit shy, and I don't want my love for ponies broadcasted throughout the school.

maybe she gets a lot of crap from other people and thought that maybe you were trying to tease her because to her you might be 'trying' to be a brony. I got that too when I said I was a brony, so she might've face the same thing

Yeah it's happened to me before, once I went to this convention and saw this girl in a fluttershy shirt so I immediately went to her and asked for a brohoof, she looked at me like I was about to murder her...

Although some bronies are a bit mean, others are pretty much awesome, they're usually all happy, jumpy and pretty layed back!

I wouldn't take it personally. There could be stuff going on behind the scenes that you don't know of. For all you know, that girl with the 20% cooler shirt just had her dog die. I certainly wouldn't want to talk if that happened to me.

Another thing you have to take into account is that as awesome as MLP is, most people believe it is only for little girls. So not all Bronies want to run around shouting "BROHOOF! BROHOOF! BROHOOF!" Some people want to avoid the confrontation with non-Bronies.

Lastly, some people are just shy. They're not doing it to be mean, they're just shy. There's nothing wrong with that.

It seems to me like you're being a little bit too sensitive. I recommend you grow a thicker skin, especially if you're going to be that open about MLP in public.

• Brohoof 1

Not everyone wants to be approached by a stranger who may come across as overly brash and then be yelled at for a brohoof.

Many people are just shy, and maybe she wasn't having a good day.

You're being a little over-sensitive about something that isn't even that big of a deal. :P

I'm not trying to be mean here, I'm just saying-it's not something you should feel hurt over :)

(By the way, totally off topic, but-you're confetti-cake? I've seen some of your stuff and loved it. :P)

Edited by PinkieDaShy
  • Brohoof 1

She might have been teased for being a brony, or perhaps she was a bit embarrassed about being one.  It's honestly no big deal being one, but a lot of people are really sensitive about it.   Just give her time man.  

Well... You can't blame her for being scared out of her wits. Someone she never know approached her and asked for something that is often only shared between die-hard fans of a child-show. Imagine someone walks to you and do the Doctor Who Dance because your keychain looks like TARDIS.

I've only met two bronies in real life. One already was, and still is, my friend, and the other is the person who introduced to brohoofs. So, I guess my experiences with other bronies have been pretty positive all around.

Today I saw a filly with a rainbow dash shirt and it said 20% cooler, and I was like "AWW YEAH, EY LEMME GET A BROHOOF!" and she looked at me like I was a psychopath, looked incredibly confused and ran past me. I don't know, maybe she was shy or just thought I was trying to hit her, or maybe she didn't understand brohoofs. I DON'T KNOW. 

It sounds like you were laying it on a tad bit hard there. That's like just walking up to some random guy on the street and shouting; "YO G, GIMME A FRICKIN' HUG!!!" It's more than a little awkward.

I can see why this person was confused. She'd never met you before, and you just randomly shouted for a brohoof at her. That's not really being grumpy, that's just a normal reaction.  

• Brohoof 1

Like everyone said, I probably overwhelmed her, I wish I could apologize. And I wasn't that deeply hurt, I was more disappointed (I guess that's a better word.) I carry around a MLP backpack and have gotten crap for it, but I still wear it. I don't think she was shy about being a brony, I mean her shirt had a big'ol rainbowdash. I just think maybe she was irritated by the fact that I tried to get a brohoof while she might be having a bad day or maybe I came off as annoying. No that I think back, I hope I don't  see her again, or if I do I'll hopefully be able to apologize. I got really excited because I don't know any girls irl who likes ponies, so it was my bad.

Not everyone wants to be approached by a stranger who may come across as overly brash and then be yelled at for a brohoof.

Many people are just shy, and maybe she wasn't having a good day.

You're being a little over-sensitive about something that isn't even that big of a deal. :P

I'm not trying to be mean here, I'm just saying-it's not something you should feel hurt over :)

(By the way, totally off topic, but-you're confetti-cake? I've seen some of your stuff and loved it. :P)

I am! :D Thank you for the compliment! That make me very very happy!

• Brohoof 2

You said there weren't a lot of Bronies in your town. Perhaps she had never encountered a Brony who was as Out going as you were. I mean it's great to be Out going and friendly and all that. But, maybe your first encounter maybe you should of taken it down just a few notches. Like I said it's great to be out going, that's more then I could say about me. (I am a very shy person) The best thing you can do when encountering a Brony for the first time is just talk more about the show, and then maybe work your way up to Bro Hooves or whatnot. I'll give you an example....

Let's just say another person walks up wearing a Rainbow Dash shirt tomorrow.

You: Hey, I could see you're a Fan of Friendship Is Magic. I love that show. I couldn't help but notice you're wearing a Rainbow Dash shirt, is she your favorite Character? Do you have a favorite episode or song? Etc.etc.etc.

Notice how you're being outgoing but you're still not overly out going that might scare people off a little bit if they really don't know you.

• Brohoof 1

You said there weren't a lot of Bronies in your town. Perhaps she had never encountered a Brony who was as Out going as you were. I mean it's great to be Out going and friendly and all that. But, maybe your first encounter maybe you should of taken it down just a few notches. Like I said it's great to be out going, that's more then I could say about me. (I am a very shy person) The best thing you can do when encountering a Brony for the first time is just talk more about the show, and then maybe work your way up to Bro Hooves or whatnot. I'll give you an example....

Let's just say another person walks up wearing a Rainbow Dash shirt tomorrow.

You: Hey, I could see you're a Fan of Friendship Is Magic. I love that show. I couldn't help but notice you're wearing a Rainbow Dash shirt, is she your favorite Character? Do you have a favorite episode or song? Etc.etc.etc.

Notice how you're being outgoing but you're still not overly out going that might scare people off a little bit if they really don't know you.

I completely understand. I know many bronies I've met are introverted, so I just feel bad for being so excited. Like I said, I've never met a girl brony and I think I got way to overwhelmed with excitement. Honestly, I hope I can see her again, and perhaps...a more ginger approach would be appreciated. Thank you! I hope I don't scare anyone off again... ):

One of the bronies I met in real life is mean, but in like a joking way.  Like he calls me faggot, I call him faggot it's pretty fun.  I think she was rather scared that someone did that, because if that was me I would've probably been pretty freaked out.

The biggest problem is that you're still in high school. Lots of people in high school are jerks and have misplaced priorities. That's true in the real world as well, but even more so where you are now. In this situation, however, I doubt she was being jerk.

She might be extremely introverted, not rude. Not everybody who is into the show or involved with the fanbase is going to be that boistrous. I would have brohoofed you back but I certainly wouldn't have enjoyed the scene you caused.

• Brohoof 1

I can be a bit shy if i ever see a brony in public (which is rare). ge shy if i meet someone new. I'm usually I not the kinda guy to run up to them a brohoof 'em. But hey if a Brony chooses to give ME a brohoof i aint gonna just deny it! It would be awesome if someone would do that... but as of now i'm all alone :( .

• Brohoof 1

The biggest problem is that you're still in high school. Lots of people in high school are jerks and have misplaced priorities. That's true in the real world as well, but even more so where you are now. In this situation, however, I doubt she was being jerk.

She might be extremely introverted, not rude. Not everybody who is into the show or involved with the fanbase is going to be that boistrous. I would have brohoofed you back but I certainly wouldn't have enjoyed the scene you caused.

That's the thing, there were a lot of people in the hall way and nobody really payed the motion of me walking over to her and going "Hey! Broohoof?" any attention, more of a scene was made when she like ran away from me. Then I stood there like a Buffoon with my fist out. I just feel like I jumped out and probably scared her. I feel terrible, I didn't mean to startle her when I get excited I get really animated and I just feel awful at the idea that I startled somebody like that. I really hope I didn't offend her or hurt her feelings or something. That's what I'm mainly worried about.

Ha, I must be strange. I am really shy, but if I'm out and about and wearing a pony shirt--- I just hope that someone would yell "BROHOOF!" to me, and then we can do a little brohoof thing....... and THEN I could run. 

But some people are just grumpy. I think it's great you are so outgoing! (I could only wish I could be). 

• Brohoof 1

I wish there was other girls or boys in my school who likes My Little Pony, because it feels like I'm the only one.. :(

I.. I need a hug.. *Cries*

• Brohoof 2

Well the girl was probably just shy if you ask me. I mean being a kinda shy person i'd proably find it akward to have someone come up to me randomly even if I knew they where a brony.(But then again i wouldn't wear a Rainbow dash shirt either without feeling awkward.)

I actually do know like 2 pegasisters(Or atleast two girls that watch the show.) IRL. But i'm kinda shy to talk to either one of them anyways. Plus I don't know if I'd count that as a brony, and I don't know the dedication level to watching the show of either of them.

Not everybody is a super social butterfly though. I wouldn't feel offended, just some people aren't as good at walking up to random people or being approached by random people. Especially shy people. Theres alot of shy people around to, some of them you may not even know are shy because you've only seen them around their friends.

Don't feel offended or anything though, just understand not everybody is as outgoing I guess as you.

Being a brony doesn't make you friends with everyone instantly, I guess. I mean, not every fan in a fandom has to be best friends with each other right? I mean, our one especially  We have all sorts of people and it's more likely than not you'll find someone who isn't compatible with you.

I wish there was other girls or boys in my school who likes My Little Pony, because it feels like I'm the only one..   I.. I need a hug.. *Cries*

*hugs* 

i know that feel all too well

im like the only brony in my entire county, and it sucks, the only time i met a brony in real life was at bronycon

• Brohoof 1

I've met a few bronies and pegasisters at my school and they are relatively friendly. Though would I'd be startled of someone I didn't came up to me and asked for a brohoof. But it hasn't happened to me before and I can't really add much about it.

I can relate to being shy since I've hesitated to talk to others in person. Maybe if you used a much calmer tone, she may have reacted differently.