Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Treatment of haters, the elimination of love and tolerate

Flicker Sweet

I just ignore it, I see no point in wasting my time trying to change the minds of people dumb enough to judge people based on their tastes in cartoons.

When the smoke clears, and we're just enjoying our little cartoon, and reading are fanfics peacefully, while they're yelling obscenities at us, I don't think it will be us looking bad. 

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 2

There is one thing I would do: Ignore

Its simple really. You just dont make contact with any of them and they leave you alone. (Well, somewhat. It doesnt exactly work that way on dA)

I think there is a huge difference between someone that dosen't understand the fandom and a full blown hater, someone who dosen't understand may be a little shocked and confused at first maybe a little freaked out but they are not the ones accusing us of being homosexuals, overgrown man children or pedophiles. I didn't understand it at first either, and was very shocked and confused but after watching I understand.

Agreed. I use to fall into the catagory of people who didn't understand the fandom(Or the show really.) But did that make me a hater? No.. I didn't even insult anyone ever, not that I met any bronys really ever to insult, but I don't have an understanding of why I'd even want to hate them anyways, heck I didn't even know what a brony was for a while, even after I heard the term.

And I never would've insulted people using homosexuals anyways. I never got that as being an insult, it sounds like something you'd use to insult someone when you are totally against homosexuality, but I'm not so i don't see it as an insult anyways. I know i'm not and thats all that matters, its a stupid insult to me.(Sorry for the mini rant..)

Anyways, i don't really come across any haters much, if I do its via internet and I don't really interact with them, either out of fear, or i simply don't care. IRL I don't meet haters either, mostly because nobody is an open brony(If theres any around where I am that is.)

But yeah, a hater willingly hates the fandom after understanding its cause, someone who doesn't understand it may be totally clueless to even what the term means, or they just have never grasp an understanding of what exactly they do.

I will say that both haters and the ones who don't understand the fandom probably haven't given the show a chance. Alot of haters don't even bother watching the show. Only people who watch the show are those people who respect brony's but don't watch MLP.

Most of the time its like kraby pattys. The only ones who don't like it, have never tried it :). (while not totally true, its pretty common.)

Phew.. Ok I really started rambling I lost my place, anyways  I really don't have interactions between haters being a closet brony and not having many encounter chances anyways, but I don't think I'd really react that harshly anyways. Although I don't agree we should become like them just because of their treatment, because then we're no better then they are really. And it makes them happy, and doesn't help anypony.

I'm like Pinkie Pie, I try to make people smile and have a good time(love and tolerate) I let people go about their business without getting into it 'cause I know thats not my place. (unlike some ponies.) when a hater gives me their 2cents(thing like "ponies are for fags") i smile give a witty rebuttal and walk away. If somepony has an actual criticism all talk with them and explain why I like the show. 

I will say that both haters and the ones who don't understand the fandom probably haven't given the show a chance. Alot of haters don't even bother watching the show. Only people who watch the show are those people who respect brony's but don't watch MLP.

Yeah I haven't run into much haters yet either but for that reason one of the first things I will say if I run into either a hater or someone who simply dosen't understand is "have you watched the show?"

• Brohoof 1

Yeah I haven't run into much haters yet either but for that reason one of the first things I will say if I run into either a hater or someone who simply dosen't understand is "have you watched the show?"

Yeah exactly, most of them will either lie, or they simply haven't(Or they've watched something like G 3.5) I mean some have, but they're normally to caught up in hating it to even bother to analyze the show any.

And then theres the haters who come into watching it to hate it, and come out bronies :D.

Anyways I don't wanna get to off topic. sorry about my rambling.

I feel sorry that they're such unhappy people to be investing their time in being negative towards something that has no impact on them. They must be miserable, but there is lots of misery in this world, isn't there? The show is at least one ray of sunlight.

I feel sorry for anyone who thinks that perpetuating their own misery is somehow going to get them something because they are bound to live miserable lives. That includes those who retaliate. Retaliation doesn't solve problems, it escalates them. Instead of getting even, we should figure out how to actually solve the problem, whatever it may be. With haters, you can avoid them. Who'd want to be around someone like that, anyway?

Feel bad for the trolls. We have an amazing community based on a wonderful show with lots of creative people inspiring other creative people and a huge audience for all of it. What do they have? "I wonder if I can get a rise out of somebody tonight?" It's sad, and I mean that sincerely.

I find that ignoring them is best. Two of my friends found out I was a brony, they made fun of me a little but i just shrugged it off. 

Though I have never met a true hater (as in not someone who just hasn't seen the show, but someone that truly hates bronies) If they are going around shouting about bronies being fags or whatever thats their problem.

Love and Tolerate is the way to go and one of the things I like(d) most about this fandom. Lets bring it back.

• Brohoof 1

I have met a couple of haters on Xbox Live and quite frankly, they are just some of the most rude and unmannerized people I have ever met.

Honestly, I just ignore it,

It is no point to just start a war over something like that

All it does is just gives the hater more fuel to hate

Honestly, when it comes to haters, especially the really smart ones, there just is no winning against them so you just let them be

Whenever I come in contact with a hater I just think "hm well I guess it's their loss" honestly I just leave the fuckers alone cause they're just one more person I'll never meet. Why waste my time.

I do see where you're coming from though

People ate just thinking they are making it better, when they are just making it worse. If someone tries to hate you for it just love and tolerate the hell outta them.

• Brohoof 1